The Crudcatcher Endomondo Distance Challenge Thread

Comments

• cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    njee20 wrote:
    all folk from the IOM are unreliable, frequently late, and I'm lead to believe they're c**ts.

O'hai

Challenges going up now.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Meh, Endomondo seems to have fallen out with me. Strava works fine, but Endomondo runs so slow it keeps crashing my phone, then refuses to upload any workouts.

For that reason, I'm, out (although I will continue publishing the challenges).
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Strange.
    I'm guessing... Android?
  • cat_with_no_tail
    indeed. on an older Galaxy.

It's a shame, because it worked really well on my old Nokia. Unfortunately though, everything else about that phone was shoyte!

With this one, everything apart from endomondo works really well.

It's a shame, but I'm quite enjoying strava at the moment anyway, and running both together on a 5hr ride uses pretty much all the battery.

Plus, strava seems to be tracking MUCH better than endomondo lately too (on this phone at least).

I'll hang on now until they come up with an app that actually works, and can upload to both endomondo and Strava.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Can you export from Strava? Then import that into Endomondo?
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Can you export from Strava? Then import that into Endomondo?

Good call!

I think I'd tried doing it the other way before, exporting from endo and importing to strava and it hadn't worked, but this did well.

If you look at my last 2 workouts, you'll see the difference between the tracking on endomondo and that on strava. Both apps were running on the same device at the same time. Look at how much more accurate the strava one is.

Cheers very much for that suggestion. That's helped LOADS!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Strange about the tracking accuracy.
    All apps on my phone (HTC Windows Phone 7) appear to have a very similar tracking accuracy, suggesting that maybe the phone has a built in GPS function that apps can make use of.
    Maybe on Android, each application has to have it's own GPS handler written?
    Anyway, this is getting geeky. I'm hopefully going to be switching to a Garmin unit in the relatively near future, so I'll only be uploading once a week or so.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Well, I actually did well this month, so I'm stoked, and feeding off the other members. Sick to the power of rad, and all that.
    So... are we doing this again for August?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Forgot to upload again! Just under 400 miles for me, not great!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    njee20 wrote:
    Forgot to upload again! Just under 400 miles for me, not great!
    You mean I actually beat you? Fair and square?
    Holy sh*t. Have you been ill?

In other news, GO ME!! :lol:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Yes I have been ill, only did 5 hours riding in the first 2 weeks, but don't let that get to you!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    No, no, no. I'm taking this as a victory. It's really the only one I'll ever have.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Of course, all hail el Cap, the true victor, and deserving capitain of the crudcatcher.
    But if I ignore him too, at my own peril, then I won! Wooooo!
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Of course, all hail el Cap, the true victor, and deserving capitain of the crudcatcher.
    But if I ignore him too, at my own peril, then I won! Wooooo!

Thanks (and congratulations on your win :D)

To be fair, it's taken a long time for me to be at this level of fitness. I also struggled in the first 3 weeks of the challenge having to work short days and look after my Grandson in the afternoons. Plenty of miles were done on my son-in-law's crappy mtb with my grandson on the back in the kiddy-seat - hard work, but an excellent way to train. I also snapped the sole of my cycling shoes, so had to make do with my 2nd pair.

I was also clocking up the miles for the Cardiff Cycle Challenge - I'm my department's champion, so had to set a good example... :?

Definitely won't be doing that sort of mileage in August, as I've got a bit of holiday to take and I need a replacement pair of knees...
  • YeehaaMcgee
    My old dear spent yesterday badgering me about buying a roadbike. She wants me, to let her buy me a roadbike for circa £500.
    I'm not actually opposed to the idea, it just feels a bit silly that she wants to buy me the thing.
    Anyway, she wants me to take her to the bike shop tomorrow - so I may have a new Trek or Cube roadie by tuesday. This month's miles could rack up considerably.

Oh, and it's good that you're getting back to health, El Cap. Hats off to you.
  • ah crap!

Dropped my phone the other day, seemed fine at the time but now the GPS has stopped working. It just wont connect.
    BOOOO!
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    How does one join these challanges?

Just tried clicking the links in the first few pages and get Access Denied messages?

Thanks
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Er... this started in the way before, in 2011.
    Not any old riffraff can join, CWNT has to invite you. So go make him a bacon sarnie or something.
  • jndb72
    CWNT - would you like coffee with your bacon?

Once a member I'll also let you know where I buried Maddie ;)

Cheers
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• jndb72 wrote:
    CWNT - would you like coffee with your bacon?

Once a member I'll also let you know where I buried Maddie ;)

Cheers

Sure, the instructions for signing up are buried in the same place as Maddie

Alternatively, just search on endomobvious for Matt Beastall (that's me) and add me. I'll send over all the invites etc and add you to "the list".
  • jndb72
    Cheers, mate. Just added you - my name may appear as Justin Parker.

Cheers
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• jndb72
    Cheers :)
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• YeehaaMcgee
    Now you have to ride a bit.
    Well, you don't "have" to. But we will point and laugh if you don;t at least do more than Nicklouse.
  • jndb72
    Now you have to ride a bit.
    Well, you don't "have" to. But we will point and laugh if you don;t at least do more than Nicklouse.

I'm already upto 11th on one of the challanges :) and that's with being on holidays for the first 2 weeks of August.
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• YeehaaMcgee
    Well, you've beat Nick then :lol:
  • mike1-2
    mike1-2 Posts: 456
    Might join back in this month so long as I don't get castrated for the odd turbo/gym session being added. I promise the quantity won't be as much as last year...
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Mike wrote:
    Might join back in this month so long as I don't get castrated for the odd turbo/gym session being added. I promise the quantity won't be as much as last year...
    Didn't we already castrate you once? Go ride a real bike.
    I'm out for this month. Going to save my legs for the weekend's enduro. Next month should be fairly low as well since I've got a long weekend of recording in London, and another enduro to save my energy for.
  • mike1-2
    mike1-2 Posts: 456
    Mike wrote:
    I'm out for this month. Going to save my legs for the weekend's enduro. Next month should be fairly low as well since I've got a long weekend of recording in London, and another enduro to save my energy for.

Still a bellend then? Glad some things never change. Grow up.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Mike wrote:
    Mike wrote:

Still a bellend then? Glad some things never change. Grow up.
    There's two words which give this away. Crudcatcher, and Distance.
    Any questions? bellend :lol: