The Crudcatcher Endomondo Distance Challenge Thread

Comments

• thanks for endomondo invite Matt, am I missing something?? challenge is not showing up.
    cheers
    Paul

Got it - thanks
  • Had it not been so stupidly cold the last 4 weeks, I would have gotten out much more, snow doesn't bother me, but -20+ does :(
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    It's the ice I can't be doing with! Back on it now hopefully, but last week was a total write off.
  • Good motivator this, got some catching up to do to catch Shane (no chance btw!!) even so, it seems a lot more 'real' than some of the official endomondo challenges.
  • Had a GPS fail. On last run one of the GPS points is in the middle of the North Sea!! I have corrected the workout - but I've had a mileage boost in the challenges. Will the challenges auto correct when they next update??
  • If you've corrected the mileage on the GPS log it will update later.
  • OK thanks
  • My Endomondo Pro App kept crashing on Saturday :( It wouldn't let me do anything. I've reported it to Android, but it means it didn't register my 500 mile off road ride from the day*

*This may be a slight exaggeration by about 495 miles.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Well, this month's been a complete write-off. Had the winter vommiting bug twice and the weather hasn't helped either - the cold I can deal with, freezing rain not so...

Probably only going to get another one day's commute in this month - I fly to China on Friday for a week. I'll have the opportunity to ride in the hotel's gym, but as that's not 'real' riding, I'll not count that towards my overall cycling total.

Roll on March and the lighter evenings...
  • njee20
    It's getting there at least, got home yesterday without it being pitch black. My Garmin's thrown a few wobblies this month, and with the ice it's not been stunning for me. May be able to catch Shane though...
  • El Cap, that means I'm still in with a shout of pinching your spot off you. Had a waste of a week last week, 1st 2 days had to ride direct to work as had meetings to do, then managed to oversleep the next 2 days so had to go direct in again, bugger!

Was hoping to get my road bike beginning of March to get some good miles in, now sounds like it won't be until April, double bugger!
    "I ride to eat"
  • njee20
    Bah, looks like I'm 5 miles short of Shayne's total, knew I should've ridden in Monday!
  • Anyone know where I can get a computer I can use on the turbo trainer and then upload turbo miles to Endomondo?

I've had a look and can't find a damned thing under about £100, and I'll be farked if I'm spending that much. Cheap as possible please, as it'll only ever live on the turbo, and once I'm cleared by the surgeons to start riding properly again, I'll barely use that as I'll be back to using my phone.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Hopefully March will be better than February's 3 ride total, and 2 of them i didnt record!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • njee20
    Anyone know where I can get a computer I can use on the turbo trainer and then upload turbo miles to Endomondo?

Cateye Strada Cadence

It's wired, but has a rear wheel sensor (also does cadence).
  • Cheers Njee, Just realized I'm being a spanner. I don't need to be able to upload from the computer to a laptop/PC do I. Endomondo will let me enter my miles manually. As there is no change in elevation or location for the duration of the ride, there is nothing more to upload.
  • njee20
    Correct!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Anyone know where I can get a computer I can use on the turbo trainer and then upload turbo miles to Endomondo?
    We've been through this, that's CHEATING!!! :lol:

Might start getting more active in the next few weeks if this bloody lurgy goes away.
  • I am exempt from the cheating rule at the moment on account of being physically disabled (as opposed to my usual mental disabilities).
    I can get a note from my doctor.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I am exempt from the cheating rule at the moment on account of being physically disabled (as opposed to my usual mental disabilities).
    I can get a note from my doctor.
    That's not enough. I'll also want a blood and DNA sample, a letter from MY doctor confirming that your "doctor" is in fact a real doctor, your bank details and sort code, and your credit card and PIN.
    And your passport.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I'll give you a DNA sample in a minute
    I'm ready and waiting :lol:
  • Got the computer all hooked up to the turbo now and just copleted my first timed run.

Back in the game!
  • njee20
    Close at the top, 3 miles between me and Shayne currently, or will be when mine updates!
  • New challenges are now up.

I've put another one in there this month called "The rotten lime challenge", for most calories burned in a month.

It's a shameless rip-off of the rotten egg challenge, but just don't tell them that and we're cool.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Not done many miles since my last update. Whatever I ate in China has really knocked me for six. If you're following the Neil Heywood story in the press and know who I work for and where I went in China, you can see why I'm spending quite a bit of time at the doctors for tests... Still getting upset stomachs a couple of times a week. Still not put any of the weight I lost back on. Leg muscles keep cramping if I ride too far. I've got virtually no climbing power any-more - having to use the granny ring on the Focus more and more often. I'm also struggling to drive, so have had to ditch the Outback for a very small C2 that Mrs C can drive me around in. Next appointment is May 16th, where I hope to get some results back and see what the prognosis is.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Not done many miles since my last update. Whatever I ate in China has really knocked me for six. If you're following the Neil Heywood story in the press and know who I work for and where I went in China, you can see why I'm spending quite a bit of time at the doctors for tests... Still getting upset stomachs a couple of times a week. Still not put any of the weight I lost back on. Leg muscles keep cramping if I ride too far. I've got virtually no climbing power any-more - having to use the granny ring on the Focus more and more often. I'm also struggling to drive, so have had to ditch the Outback for a very small C2 that Mrs C can drive me around in. Next appointment is May 16th, where I hope to get some results back and see what the prognosis is.
    Wow, that sounds serious. Kind of puts my post-viral fatigue nonsense into perspective :shock:
    Hope you get it sorted soon.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    holy smeg! Best wishes el-cap!
    Get well soon old chap!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • njee20
    That doesn't sound pleasant El Cap, hope the prognosis is good!

I'm feeling rubbish at the moment, really lacking power, feeling rough all the time. Not been to China though, and doesn't sound nearly as serious as you!