The Crudcatcher Endomondo Distance Challenge Thread

Comments

• mike1-2
    mike1-2 Posts: 456
    Sure we've had this argument before. It's now reached critical bore off stage.
    Let me know when you return to the challenge and I won't bother with it so I don't upset you. I'll assume from what you've said above I'm safe this month? Thanks for understanding and being supportive. Xx
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    You seem to be unable to process information, so let me help you out.
    There's two days left in this month, and I shall not be riding on either of them. Next month, I will be riding most days, but not every day due to professional appointments.
    so, next month I shall likely have a low overall mileage for the month.
    But I will still be riding. Outdoors. On a real bike.
    Why do you even bother, if you're just pretending to play bikes, what exactly is the point?
  • mike1-2
    Obviously I process information as well as you do then.

If you paid attention you would have realised that I don't intend on just riding indoors. But there would be some indoor riding included. Take last week as an example, 3 longish rides outdoors, one hour down the gym. Is that not ok?
  • mike1-2
    Oh and I bother because I like to keep track of my mileage and the challenge is fun. I stopped doing it last year because you had a little moan and wanted to see if you had got past the mental age of 9 a year on. Obviously you haven't.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Mike wrote:
    Oh and I bother because I like to keep track of my mileage and the challenge is fun. I stopped doing it last year because you had a little moan and wanted to see if you had got past the mental age of 9 a year on. Obviously you haven't.
    I never claimed to have a mental age above 9.
    At least I don't have to pretend to ride bikes.
  • mike1-2
    Bore off.

Think I might just try really really really hard to ignore you.

Really hard.
  • mike1-2
    Just out of interest, does it give you a little moral victory if I don't participate? I'm not overly fussed what the answer is, just morbidly curious.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Of course it does. People who take themselves so seriously that they'll pretend to ride a bike, just to win a for-fun competition are clearly immoral. Which means I'm on the high ground here.
  • mike1-2
    But I'm not going to try and win. I'll simply be involved?
  • mike1-2
    Nor do I take myself seriously. In fact the complete opposite. I'd argue that it was the opposite and in fact it's you that takes themselves too seriously.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Mike wrote:
    Nor do I take myself seriously. In fact the complete opposite. I'd argue that it was the opposite and in fact it's you that takes themselves too seriously.
    :lol:
    Bollocks! You're got a friggin bee up your arris, and you're the one who wants to cheat!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I must say it seems a bit off to me to include indoor/turbo/gym miles on something like this. If you do 3 outdoor rides and then a gym ride you include the 3 rides. Sorted.

Should be a relatively good month for me I reckon!
  • Got to say, I don't really see the harm in it. We've got a challenge for off-road rides, and a challenge for all sports. Turbo miles are just as valid in the latter as running miles would be, or snowboarding (just so long as you don't include the chairlift up :lol: )
  • njee20
    But I can easily sit at 30mph on the turbo, I wouldn't upload turbo rides myself, but to be honest it's hardly a massive issue!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    njee20 wrote:
    But I can easily sit at 30mph on the turbo, I wouldn't upload turbo rides myself, but to be honest it's hardly a massive issue!
    I know, but it's fun to pick at, like a good meaty scab.
  • mike1-2
    The point I was trying to make is I keep track of my miles in the gym through Endomondo. I wish to take part in the challenge, some of my miles will be in the gym because I record them via Endomondo. And yes, it is all sports rather than MTB miles. I would never stoop that low. :roll:
  • njee20 wrote:

Oh I completely agree that the miles come much easier on a turbo. I included them while I was recovering from surgery, but that was because they were the only miles I was allowed to do. I don't include them now. Don't really have a problem with people who do though.

Ultimately, they know they're shlt, and they know it's gheyer than riding a road bike in full team lycra (matching your bike ofcourse) ;)

You could also say that on the whole, southerners have easier miles than for example, someone like yeehaa, who lives somewhere with mountains. It would be good to do an elevation challenge. But endomobvious has not caught up with us crudders in terms of technological requirements yet.
  • mike1-2
    Eeerrrrr, I do my turbo miles in full racing kit...
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Mike wrote:
    Fukking BANSTICK
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    mind-bleach-shirt_01.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • mike1-2
    Mike wrote:
    Fukking BANSTICK

You can't ban me for wearing full team Lycra whilst on my turbo. I like to practice wearing it, and it makes it realistic. I bought an aero helmet the other day as well for the full experience.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I can't, no. But CWNT will.
    fukking spazwangle.
  • mike1-2
    Now I just think you're being unfair. Can you explain in detail why you think I should be banned?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    'Cause you're a spazwangle, who pretends to ride bikes in colour coded gimp suits, and who feels the need to cheat in a for-fun bit of competition, even though you have nothing to gain from it.
  • mike1-2
    I disagree, I think you're jealous of me.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    What have i got to be jealous of, a pretend bike and a matching skinsuit?
    I have a skinsuit, I made it from sheepsteeth's mum's left over skin from the time she had lipo.
  • mike1-2
    What is a sheepsteeth? Is it a Welsh thing? Oh God, you're not Welsh are you? That would explain the animosity.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Mike wrote:
    What is a sheepsteeth?
    Again, BANSTICK THIS IGNORANT MOFO!!!!!
    Cwnt - are you seeing this?
  • mike1-2
    You're a silly man.

If you're ever round my way drop in and we'll do a turbo session together and I can boast about how many miles I've done. (But in KM because it sounds like more.)

:D
  • njee20
    You could also say that on the whole, southerners have easier miles than for example, someone like yeehaa, who lives somewhere with mountains. It would be good to do an elevation challenge. But endomobvious has not caught up with us crudders in terms of technological requirements yet.

Interesting question that, had a discussion the other day with someone who lives at the bottom of Ben Nevis, I usually do more climbing than him (in Surrey) per ride, he just does it in big chunks!