The Crudcatcher Endomondo Distance Challenge Thread

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Makes sense, me and CWNT discussed this on here somewhere. We both did roughly equivalent distances and climbs, if I recall correctly, but his was an undulating ride, and mine was basically straight up, then straight down a 2,000 foot climb. Something like that.
  • Yes, I remember that. In fact, I think somewhere near the begining of this thread is a side challenge for elevation gain.

That's the one thing I sometimes miss riding over here, the biggest descent we have is a couple of minutes worth. There are a lot of them though which goes some way to easing the pain.

Got the IOM End2End a week on sun, so Sep should in theory be a better month for me.

New challenges will go up later today.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I've probably not taken part for the best part of a year now, time I started to get going with it again I think.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I had a quick look on Strava at a guy I follow who lives in Lothian and seems to ride up hills lots! He's done 3400 miles with 64ft climbing/mile this year. I've done 3200 with 62ft/mile.

Considering a good chunk of my riding is into London, which is absolutely pan flat that does indeed support the idea that you do just as much climbing even without mahoosive hills. Take my London riding out and I do more climbing than him.
  • mike1-2
    mike1-2 Posts: 456
    Just like to point out I'm going up Leith Hill tonight, will drive to the top then do a turbo session in the car park. Does that count?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    njee20 wrote:
    I had a quick look on Strava at a guy I follow who lives in Lothian and seems to ride up hills lots! He's done 3400 miles with 64ft climbing/mile this year. I've done 3200 with 62ft/mile.

Considering a good chunk of my riding is into London, which is absolutely pan flat that does indeed support the idea that you do just as much climbing even without mahoosive hills. Take my London riding out and I do more climbing than him.
    I'm still adamant that riding up fookin big hills is harder work though. Because I ride along undulating trails and roads pretty much every day, and it's easy as, but the huge climbs are always a case of having to pick a day when the energy levels are ready to accomodate it.
  • mike1-2
    njee20 wrote:

I'm still adamant that riding up fookin big hills is harder work though. Because I ride along undulating trails and roads pretty much every day, and it's easy as, but the huge climbs are always a case of having to pick a day when the energy levels are ready to accomodate it.

Seriously now...

Massive hills are all well and good, but in these days when we have the gear ratios and bikes light enough to just sit back and spin through them, surely any hill is capable on any day? We did one of the tour climbs in France last year after 5 days of cycling and I was knackered and felt poo, but I still managed to sit back and power through it. Took me about an hour but still.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    On your pretend bike?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Ooh, I'm liking the new function Cooldad found.
  • mike1-2
    On your pretend bike?

I did say seriously now...
  • njee20
    There's no hiding on long climbs, just gotta grind them out. Much easier to get over ten 5 minute climbs if you're suffering than one 50 minute climb.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    You guys still doing this?

read back a few pages and it just seems to be Yee poking an indoor roadie with a stick :lol:

just joined the 20th century and got a smart phone with endomondo on, next step get back on my bike :wink:

If you are any chance of an invite to the group, ill look forward to proping you all up
  • mak3m wrote:
    You guys still doing this?

read back a few pages and it just seems to be Yee poking an indoor roadie with a stick :lol:
    yes, and yes :lol:
  • Has anyone got any where CWNT has got to, not had any challenges through for this month.?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    It's only the 12th, give the lad a chance :lol:
  • really? I thought I'd already put one up.

Sorry, will get on it now. I forget because I don't take part anymore. Apologies.
  • Cheers mate just got mine through, why arent you joining in, hope everything is ok after youre injury. :?:
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Any chance i could have a join? I'm starting to use endomongdo a lot more recently.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Oi! CWNT, you silly sod, you've messed up the November one. It's the amount of workouts, not the total mileage.
  • ffs. I swear it's stupid endomondo not me.

It didn't even want to start this month, kept on kicking me out when I hit submit.

I just checked, and they've changed the challenges menu. Now when you select "all sports" as an option, it only gives you the ability to choose most workouts, most calories, or most active minutes.

Which one do you want? I quite like most calories.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    calories suits me fine. I'm a big fat feck, so I burn as many calories just getting out of my chair as Njee does in an XC race.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I've emailed Endomondo to tell them they made you look like a prat, and could they either give me more opportunities to make you look like a bungling fool, or fix their website.
  • I also notice that now i've switched it over, it's saying you've burned 13 calories.
    Did you cough or something?

and now it's updated properly.
    ENDOMONDO WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME!!???!?!!?!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I also notice that now i've switched it over, it's saying you've burned 13 calories.
    I was browsing some pr0n, and had a hardon.
  • njee20
    I burn as many calories just getting out of my chair as Njee does in an XC race.

:lol:

How does it do the calorie consumption? Is it their own algorithm, or does it use the calculation from the device (if there is one), because the Garmin figures are woefully inaccurate!

Quite a big month for me so far this month, couple of near 200 mile weeks, as I really can't be arsed with the MTB at the moment! Probably burned off 7 calories by now!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    it has it's own algorithm based on time, speed, distance and bodyweight. It differs from the on-device thing, which doesn;t seem to take bodyweight into account.
    On my phone, for example, a good workout would register about 700Kcals, but once it's on Endomondo, it could be as uch as 8-900.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    What the hell's going on now? It looks like I'm the only one IN most of the challenges now :/
  • That's Endomondo being a cnut again. it says there are 14 people registered, but only shows you and mark for some reason.

similar story for the annual distance one. Shows 29 registered, but only gives distance figures for you 2.

I am guessing that it will update once the next person clocks some miles.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I'll clock some of YOUR miles in a minute.