The Crudcatcher Endomondo Distance Challenge Thread

1282930313234»

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    yeah, I think so.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I havent ridden at all since I've joined the challenge and I'm sitting at 100k, so it should count what you've added.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    so how is everyone doing then riding-wise this month? I am currently getting up at 4am, for a couple of hours riding, then work, I work on a dive boat and get fairly regular opportunities to dive, and diving then riding is not good, but riding then diving is OK, its a bit of an ass having to get up so early, but I wanna dive and ride so has to be done
  • YeehaaMcgee
    so how is everyone doing then riding-wise this month? I am currently getting up at 4am, for a couple of hours riding, then work, I work on a dive boat and get fairly regular opportunities to dive, and diving then riding is not good, but riding then diving is OK, its a bit of an ass having to get up so early, but I wanna dive and ride so has to be done
    Been feeling generally lousy so far this month, hardly got any miles in. Hoping to get a few early nights sleep, and be back on form by Friday.
  • 97th choice
    Last week was a bit of a write off as I was away for 3 days, this weeks been a bit better. Got over 70k knocked out today but also got a badly bruised foot playing 5 a side so hoping its not too bad in the morning, otherwise I could be driving to work for a few days.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • GT Destroyer
    just had yesterday and today off the bike...I was going to go to a time trial thing with the local road cycling club here, but I didn't finish in time from work, and that pissed me off so I didn't go out last night on it, I was out diving today, so not out tonight, but up early in the morning for a spin :evil: then for another dive in the afternoon I think 8)
  • 97th choice
    Just back on the bike today, but it will be a fight to even get a minor medal position based on some of the distances being knocked out.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • YeehaaMcgee
    It's not that bad this month, I'm personally WAAAY down on mileage compared to where I expected to be, due to various things meaning I've had to use a car instead of a bike.
    Despite not even having the option of a car this week, it going to be a fairly low mileage one, since I'm trying to save my legs for the Wild Wales challenge on Sunday. 85 miles, and 10,000 feet of climbing.
    Tasty :/
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Despite not even having the option of a car this week, it going to be a fairly low mileage one, since I'm trying to save my legs for the Wild Wales challenge on Sunday. 85 miles, and 10,000 feet of climbing.
    Tasty :/

If on a road bike then put your compact / triple on with a 28 cassette or lower - there's a bit of 30% climb that they snuck in there!! I'll be struggling (or possibly walking) on 34 / 27 myself. If you have an MTB - wanna swap for the climbs?? :)
  • YeehaaMcgee
    edited August 2013
    I'll be on a road bike. I don't fancy doing 85 road miles on either of my wolf ridges.
    I have been considering the possibility of sticking my saint crankset with 26/38t gearing on the road bike just for the event :lol:

Or, alternatively, I may also ask my old man if I can borrow his (well, my old) mountain bike, hardtail, skinny tyres, narrow bars, bar ends. might be just the tool for the job.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Wow that would be very low gearing!! :D

http://www.climbbybike.com/climb.asp?col=Prenteg-Road&qryMountainID=12447

The 3 toughest climbs are all in the first half at least - so if you make it to lunch then you will be fine! I'll be with the Port Sunlight Wheelers mob myself - cant be missed!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Just two of us doing it, kind of preparation for the Coed y Brenin enduro in October. Not really a team or club, just two idiots trying to take on the world :lol:

I think I'll be ok, I've done plenty of climbing this year (as CWNT will attest), but I've not ridden with my mate in a while - I hope he's been keeping up his riding!
  • GT Destroyer
    good luck with that Mcgee, hope your mate is up to it!

I have been out and done the time trial with the local club up here, quite a few riders actually, managed a 10 miler in 30.27, I was going for under 30 so wasn't that far off, wind was bloody awful for the 5 miles out, but helped on the 5 back :)
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I somehow managed 10 miles in 28:26 on the way home on Monday, somehow, even though it didn't feel particularly fast, and had a moderate Cat4 climb.

I may have picked up more speed than I was aware of :shock: :D
  • I really need to pick up my training again. Really fallen down with it the last few weeks, just had so much other stuff going on, barely even been maintaining the commutes, let alone anything else.

Got a few events coming up which I'm hoping will spur me on a bit. Got the End2End in a few weeks and despite having done zero MTB all year I'm hoping for a decent time. The week after it's back on the roadie for the TT course Time Trial. I don't think I'll be worrying Chris Boardman and his 1hr 23min record, but I think a solid 1:50 is on the cards if the weather holds. I've done a 2hr lap earlier in the year, with traffic lights.

Then a couple of weeks after that, it's the big one. 3 laps of the course, that's 114 miles.

Sep should be a good month!

Oh, and on the offchance anyone from IOM Government is reading this, FUCKOFF WITH THE CONSTANT SURFACE DRESSING ON EVERY FCUKING ROAD YOU CNUTS! Honestly, the roads round here are more like a rally stage at the moment.
  • GT Destroyer
    30 odd miles for me mid-week this week, did the local TT which went OK, 10 mile, and managed 30.27 seconds. Also 86 miles today, Sat is my only day off so have to try get a big one in every week, though my knee is playing up and is a bit of a concern to be honest :(
  • YeehaaMcgee
    that's me done in for the month, sadly.
    Really enjoyed the Wild Wales challenge, although it took a staggering 9 hours to get round, including stops for food and the like. I think actual moving time was about 6 hours.
    However, I crashed early on, wrecking myself and the bike, and even though I managed to finish, I'm now going to spend some time off the bike for a while. gutted.
    Still, just over 450 miles is fairly respectable, considering it didn't feel like I'd ridden much this month.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    TT which went OK, 10 mile, and managed 30.27 seconds.
    Holy hell that's good going, that's an average speed of over 1189mph!!!!!
  • Hmmm, is the latest endomondo update being a c0ck for anyone else?

I uploaded all my rides last night, and in spite of me setting them all to cycling, when they'd uploaded, they all registered as running. I then had to click through each ride individually and change them to cycling. Now, almost 24hrs on, it's still only registered about half my distance.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Dunno, I've only been using the Garmin most of the year. Everything I upload from that is always set to "cycling, sport"
  • yeh, that's exactly the same for me. Or at least, it was, until last night.

Went in, clicked on "new workout" > "Import from Garmin"

It thought about it for a bit, opened the Garmin communicator thing, then listed all my rides, and made me pick activity type for each from a drop-down, then once they'd uploaded, completely ignored my selection and marked them all as run.

Was a right PITA!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Oh well. From no option, to an option that doesn't work, is kind of progress, I guess.
  • GT Destroyer
    TT which went OK, 10 mile, and managed 30.27 seconds.
    Holy hell that's good going, that's an average speed of over 1189mph!!!!!

haha...oops!!

I am done too for this month so a decent effort this weekend could see Sion taking it for August, I have a wedding to go to this weekend so travelling back down south for that. September and October are going to be big months for me :twisted:
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Er, I'm Sion! No more riding for me!
  • ah OK - Didn't know yr first name, what were the final standings for August then, I can't see it on endomondo any more, and is there a challenge for September???
  • it should be under completed challenges or something like that
  • ah, I see it now...are we having one for September?
  • Maybe. Lets see if CWNT remembers :lol:
    Any rides you put in now will count towards it anyway. Oh, and due to my current incapacitation, I may resort to cheating, by getting a turbo trainer :twisted:
  • haha! still have to pedal, but I guess it is a bit cheaty