The Crudcatcher Endomondo Distance Challenge Thread

Comments

• Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    Long absence was long.

Hopefully gonna throw an Edge 500 on the bike in the New Year so can actually join in again.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    bails87 wrote:
    VAT?

HE SAID..... THAT'S A BIT CHEEKY

:lol:

I'll get mein coat.
    crazy+old+jewish+guy+from+the+simpsons.jpg
    Oy, that made me chuckle.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Can I just say that this has all be excellent fun over the year. :D

I also think we should do most miles comps (MTBing and All Sports) for the whole of 2012 as well as the monthly ones next year.
  • Ooops, sorry I've let this slip a bit with me being off the bike for the forseeable future.

Will get the Jan challenges up later tonight. Also, as El Cap suggested, I was planning on doing a most miles for all of 2012 challenge too.
  • Can we not keep the" mtb" , "cycling sport" and add a "all sports" to cover everything? was nice to be able to mix the road and off road.
    A feather is kinky, a whole chicken is just perverse.
  • Enjoyed the challenges last year. Also enjoyed just pipping 1st place on the MTB distance one last month. Nice way to finish the year :)
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Bloody hell! How did Ev beat El Cap? or Njee?
    I dont think i will be recording anything in the near future, i might as well be chair ridden like CWNT :evil:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Ok guys, who is who in the challenge there? I'm Sean.

Some of you guys are shocking, been going since the first of the month, I just turned Endomondo on for the first time today, and already sitting in 7th.
  • Ransaka
    Ok guys, who is who in the challenge there? I'm Sean.

Some of you guys are shocking, been going since the first of the month, I just turned Endomondo on for the first time today, and already sitting in 7th.

I'd be the tubby guy with the pic of Jin from Samurai Champloo as an avatar.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'm Nick Evans, didn't get around to uploading any December miles! Using Strava now, like the KOM things, and I use WKO for analysis, too many sites to upload to!

I did 406 miles last month, so I'd have won the challenge if I'd bothered to upload! Hopefully be a bit more this month!
  • Not too bad Gareth! Your my target to beat within the next 2 days, depending on how my legs feel tomorrow, i'll be getting out for another ride.

I hear you on the too many sites to upload to Nick! I only use Endomondo, but I could imagine even just 2 are pushing the limits! Only gripe is I can't include my home trainer KM's, as I knocked my screen off my home trainer due to it getting in the way, and have no idea how far I ride, and only work off pulse on the trainer anyways.
  • Ransaka
    Not too bad Gareth! Your my target to beat within the next 2 days, depending on how my legs feel tomorrow, i'll be getting out for another ride.

I'm lucky in that my ride home from work is mostly off road through the woods and at this time of year it's free of walkers/dog walkers so I can push it a bit on the downwards pointing singletrack :)
    I imagine you'll pip me by the weekend :D
  • I've got a target ;)

Just wish the wind would die down, got stupidly windy the past few hours, 110kmh :(
  • El Capitano
    I'm Stuart Lyden. :D

Got a couple of targets for this year:

2012 miles prior to the start of the Olympics.

5000 miles by the end of the year.
  • I'm Stuart Lyden. :D

Those are some hefty targets! Good luck dude!
  • Ransaka
    I'm Stuart Lyden. :D

That's London to Whistler in a straight line more or less.

Luck!
    /tips hat
  • I'll be happy enough just to get back on the bike, and get my fitness back to a half decent level by christmas. Plus get over any mental blocks with riding and my knee.
  • I'm Keith Smith.
    I'm rubbish at keeping track of miles, I forget to start the Endomondo app! That and I don't go out as much as I'd like.
    I have new lights now though, and the frozen ground gives me a bit of encouragement to get out (no muddy clothes to deal with).
    Goals hmmm I'd be happy with 1000 miles I think.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Coming home brown is the best part though? Even my wife finds it funny when I look like a mexican with blue eyes when I get home from rides.
  • Haha it's good, but only when someone else cleans it ;) My housemates moan that there's mud in the washing machine. Apparently my standing there, with a big grin on my face isn't a good enough excuse! I might leave them with heads backwards in a ditch...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Haha it's good, but only when someone else cleans it ;) My housemates moan that there's mud in the washing machine. Apparently my standing there, with a big grin on my face isn't a good enough excuse! I might leave them with heads backwards in a ditch...

Simples, spray off in tub or shower before to remove the majority, then throw in washing machine! Solves our problems ;)
  • El Capitano
    Bo**ocks! :cry:

Snapped the chain on the way home tonight. Put the rear mech into the rear wheel, snapping the mech hanger and destroying the rear mudguard.

It needs some major fettling to get it back on the road. Stalling point is the mech hanger. Need to talk to Wiggle tomorrow about ordering one from Focus.

I'll be on the train tomorrow but hopefully on the XTC on Friday.
  • I,m Bill, the one with the german shepherd in the avatar, just hoping for a bit more time to clock some miles and smiles this year. :D
  • Bo**ocks! :cry:

Snapped the chain on the way home tonight. Put the rear mech into the rear wheel, snapping the mech hanger and destroying the rear mudguard.

It needs some major fettling to get it back on the road. Stalling point is the mech hanger. Need to talk to Wiggle tomorrow about ordering one from Focus.

I'll be on the train tomorrow but hopefully on the XTC on Friday.

THEY MUST BE MADE TO PAY!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • njee20

5000 miles by the end of the year

That 'back loads' the year somewhat! Be a busy autumn!

You must have done that many last year? I've got 6080 on Endomondo, plus a few where I didn't have my Garmin etc.
  • El Capitano
    Nah, only did 4,300 lst year. I didn't ride at all in Feb - damaged foot and then did too much in May and damaged my knee which meant taking it easy over the summer. Then I got knocked off in October...

Damage to the Focus is a bit worse than envisaged, rear mech is no longer rear mech shaped... Hopefully I can repair the rear mudguard. Chain's write off, which I already knew and obviously need a new cassette. Will hopefully be able to pick all this up from Tredz on the way home tomorrow.
  • El Capitano
    Nice one Mark. Good start to the year. :D

Focus Update: Now got all the bits to fix it, but feeling a bit too unwell to put it all back together. Did a 'cut n shunt' job on the rear mudguard, which seems to be robust enough to hold together. Need to get the rear wheel trued though as it's a bit on the warped side. I'll still be using the XTC for now, but might have to get some slick tyres for it as cornering on tarmac with worm-drives doesn't enspire any confidence... :shock:
  • njee20
    Arse, completely forgot to upload anything to Endomondo last month! About 460 miles I think by the looks of it, but the GPS has been playing up a few times.

45 this morning, so a good start to February!
  • I've found an off road route home for my commute that's about 7 miles so hopefully going to be doing that from now on most days :)

I can't believe how little mileage I've managed in January!
  • Bit busy with work and stuff right now. Will try to get the Feb challenges up tonight. Any miles done in the mean time should still count retrospectively I believe.