The Crudcatcher Endomondo Distance Challenge Thread

Comments

• cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Hellfire ElCap, get well soon chap. I'd not be too worried mind, we all know you're invincible.

Apologies for the slight break in service there homos. Been chocca at work lately.

New challenges now up and running. "Rotten Lime" is back by popular demand too.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Right. Joined again. And yes, I've joined the MTBing one again even though I've still not sorted my forks out.
    Hopefully, this month will see my first dirty tracks of the year.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YAY!!!! Numero uno in the most miles!
    Humour me, this is mine (until somebody else goes out for a ride) :lol:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Haha! I can never be bothered to differentiate between MTB and road, I only upload once a month for this challenge! A high proportion of MTB last month, which meant not many miles overall! Hopefully the weather will be better and work will be quieter so there'll be a few more long commutes this month!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Yaaaay, good for you, Njee.

DAMMIT! :lol:
  • cat_with_no_tail
    For the record, anyone wishing to finish top

I accept bribes, and wave a banstick.(no officer, really, it's not what it looks like, it's my banstick)
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    So, it would appear I had a case of Salmonella-Typhi AKA Typhoid. Getting better all the time and getting stronger on the bike. Still not firing on all cylinders, but I'm getting there. 470 miles isn't too bad for the month, until you compare it to the 900+ I did in May last year. Hopefully by July/August I'll be back in the game to start competing/racing again.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Whilst I am somewhat disappointed that this means I will never get close to your mileage again, Cap, I am genuinely glad to hear you're on the mend. Get well soon, that man.

Nice close challenge this month, quite a few riders doing similar distances.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Glad you're on the mend El Cap.

June challenges will be going up as soon as I get chance.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    why is there two distance challenges?
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Well done, you passed the test! It was supposed to be most cals.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Does that mean I actually win something? YAAY!
  • mintedox
    mintedox Posts: 273
    Can I join in? How do I?

I'm a pauper with no internet at home (honestly) will this hinder me or can it all be done on my phone?

I use sports tracker usually but it keeps giving me 100mph+ top speeds
    Papa? Nicole
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    What phone have you got? If it's a smart phone, download Endomondo, there's a free version (I got the Pro one as it was free for a while). Make an account, then ask CWNT very nicely to add you to the challenges.
    If you register 100mph top speeds, we'll probably kill you.

Oh, and as you live in Bolton, I'm not surprised you're a pauper. I imagine slightly inbred too ;)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • mintedox
    mintedox Posts: 273
    Cheers, I have a smart phone and have just downloaded the app - If I get another silly speed I'm going back to the 3310 :)

CWNT looks like a rude welsh word to me but I will ask to be added.

And I think you may be thinking of Blackburn/Burnley - Bolton isn't that bad :D
    Papa? Nicole
  • thekickingmule
    Nope definitely Bolton. Gazlar can tell you stories from there. You'll look over your shoulder for the rest of your life.

I'm a Bury lad, we're proper, we are......... hmmm
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • YeehaaMcgee
    mintedox wrote:
    CWNT looks like a rude welsh word to me but I will ask to be added.

Nah, that's "cont". Also used as a greeting, or punctiation, or exclamation, or insult, or term of endearment, or threat, in the Caernarfon area.
    Apparently it comes from "Cont y môr" - which is an old Welsh name for jellyfish. I don't believe that though, it's more likely that everyone from caernarfon is just a c*nt :lol:

Well, there you go. You can't say you haven't learnt something today.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Just joined on Strava, any of you losers use it too (i know you do matt as i'm already stalking you) Thoughts?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • njee20
    Yep I use Strava. Endomondo doens't strike me as very interesting, I upload my rides once a month for the BR challenge, but use Strava the rest of the time!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I'm also on strava. Once I'm back on the bike I'll be uploading rides from my Garmin onto that and endomondo. In the meantime I'm waiting for my knee to fix itself after some pleb ran me over. :roll:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    can you add me to the challenges? what do you need from me?
  • thekickingmule
    Your soul.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • YeehaaMcgee
    welshkev wrote:
    can you add me to the challenges? what do you need from me?
    Blood sample, full medical history of everyone in your next door neighbour's family, breast/leg preference, and a shrubbery.
  • njee20
    Phallic shrubbery*

Forgot to upload anything for June, a measly 285 miles for me, seem to be perpetually ill. Did more riding (in nicer weather) in winter than I have in any of the 'summer' months.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    June was a bit of a slow one for me as well. Some ungodly tiredness, and my main bike being out of use whilst the suspension was being overhauled.
    Hoping for a better July.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    OI, CWNT, you C*NT :lol:
    Are we doing this again this month?

Or are you giving up since there's no "BMX" option in Endomondo?
  • njee20
    Based on this, and some wild extrapolation, I've decided that all folk from the IOM are unreliable, frequently late, and I'm lead to believe they're c**ts.