BIKE RADAR Spring Fling Part 2 (now done!)

12345679»

Comments

• pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    A big thanks to Colin & Alex for organising today, all 3 spring rides have been great so far.What makes this year better is no crashes or falls!

A very good turn out, lets hope number four is as good :)

I thought this was only the second one? Clue being in the thread title and all that?
    Might have stayed with you guys If I'd know you were going to chicken out of the Street!
    (not really, I was fecked...)
  • Ax
    Ax Posts: 36
    Can't quite believe that I managed to stick this out to the end!

Thanks to Colin and Alex for organising and to everybody else for turning up and making it worthwhile.
    2005 Dawes Galaxy
    2008 Specialized Rockhopper Disc
    2009 Focus Variado Expert
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    pickled wrote:
    A big thanks to Colin & Alex for organising today, all 3 spring rides have been great so far.What makes this year better is no crashes or falls!

A very good turn out, lets hope number four is as good :)

I thought this was only the second one? Clue being in the thread title and all that?
    Might have stayed with you guys If I'd know you were going to chicken out of the Street!
    (not really, I was fecked...)

The first one wasn't called the Spring Fling, it was in February and it was a C+F training ride suggested by Popette to prepare for the Cheshire Cat. And it was very very very foggy. In fact I nearly died when I turned right off the C+F and a van appeared out of the fog at 60mph and missed me by about 2 metres.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I thought the first one was (unofficially) the NapD Legbreaker Ride!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pokerface wrote:
    I thought the first one was (unofficially) the NapD Legbreaker Ride!

No! I broke my leg 1 month after that Feb one, the Legbreaker ride was 6 months later...
  • Pokerface
    We shall never speak of it again :)
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Bhima had no banana bunches.

Or yoghurt pots.

Didn't seem right.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Scrumple wrote:
    Bhima had no banana bunches.

Or yoghurt pots.

Didn't seem right.

He could have done, there was plenty of room in the bag
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    riggsy81 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    riggsy81 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Carlos - giggle as always

Just spoke to Carl - glad I didn't come as Id have imagined the hills would have killed me...

Next year then!

yeh defo Matt :D

Training run needed (just want to cycle there again)!
  • Pokerface
    If you went on the Spring FLing last year or this year and would like to show your appreciation for one of the organizers (me), could you consider donating 2 Euro (or more) to my fundraising effort? This is to help me get to the Paralympics...

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/colin_lynchs_event/

Many thanks to anyone who has already donated and those that will!
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    Certainly will Colin. Hope the training is going well.
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    Pokerface wrote:
    If you went on the Spring FLing last year or this year and would like to show your appreciation for one of the organizers (me), could you consider donating 2 Euro (or more) to my fundraising effort? This is to help me get to the Paralympics...

Colin, why don't you organize another one in the near-ish future, as a bit of a fundraiser for your 2012 goal? I'm sure plenty of people would be interested in going along.
  • Pokerface
    rdt wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Colin, why don't you organize another one in the near-ish future, as a bit of a fundraiser for your 2012 goal? I'm sure plenty of people would be interested in going along.

To be honest - it's not a bad idea, but my travel/racing schedule means it's tough to find a weekend when I'm actually free!