BIKE RADAR Spring Fling Part 2 (now done!)

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It will be going ahead no matter what. Meeting at the car park at Macclesfield Leisure Centre
    SK10 4AF

Colin,

Please can you update the first post with the route and meeting place/time?

Cheers.

BTW weather is showing as sunny with the odd shower...
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Serious question - what is the weather / road surface like up top of those hill things?

I fell on Sunday, and am not looking for anything icy! Bad enough sitting out this week from riding to recover from the pain (bang goes the mad week of miles)...

Last year's ride had snow up there, didn't it?
  • Anonymous
    It was glorious yesterday! :o Bone dry, no hint of snow/ice. In fact it was perfect cycling conditions.
    Last year, there was snow/ice pretty much as soon as we started!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    NapoleonD wrote:
    It will be going ahead no matter what. Meeting at the car park at Macclesfield Leisure Centre
    SK10 4AF

Colin,

Please can you update the first post with the route and meeting place/time?

Linky to latest route please? :oops:
  • Hey Guys,

This sounds awesome fun so i shall say i'm coming. Is it worth my PM-ing one of you two my mobile number as I will be riding over from Glossop? Just in case I get mechanical or something! Will aim to get there about 9.45 so will people be there by then?

See you on Sunday,

Ben
  • Anonymous
    I'll try and get there for 930-945ish. I'll try and park in the first load of bays on the left in a Red S-Max.

PM me yr mobile just in case.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    Scrumple wrote:
    Serious question - what is the weather / road surface like up top of those hill things?

I fell on Sunday, and am not looking for anything icy! Bad enough sitting out this week from riding to recover from the pain (bang goes the mad week of miles)...

Last year's ride had snow up there, didn't it?

i had a ride in the peak dist yesterday and there was no sign of and ice. pretty mild and sunny. also quite windy so the roads were nice and dry.
    i know how you feel . i hit some ice and fell back in january. slid down the road for 20 meters :shock: . out of action for a couple of months and had some cracking bruises.
    not to confident at decending still , but getting there.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Forecast is getting better - Friday and Saturday looking nice but a little frosty over night.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    I will be in shorts again, but then again I have got the legs for it (ish) :)
  • Scrumple
    Bump for interest:

Sunday, March 20
    Meeting at 10:00AM
    Macclesfield Leisure Centre (SK10 4AF)

See you there... if my ribs stop hurting!
  • mr_poll
    matthew h wrote:

Are you bloody mad! Bib shorts, longs, overshoes, base layer and long sleeve top will be on my list. Guess I am not a proper cyclist.
  • Anonymous
    mr_poll wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Are you bloody mad! Bib shorts, longs, overshoes, base layer and long sleeve top will be on my list. Guess I am not a proper cyclist.

Wait until you are riding up the climb to Elkstones or out of Goyt valley, you'll be like a member of The Full Monty!!
  • mr_poll
    Forecast is for double figures on Sunday - perhaps i might get my pasty white legs out
  • tlw1
    mr_poll wrote:
    Forecast is for double figures on Sunday - perhaps i might get my pasty white legs out

great news - about the weather
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Wait until you are riding up the climb to Elkstones or out of Goyt valley, you'll be like a member of The Full Monty!!

Sheeeet. I've only ever been down that stretch. Never climbed it.
    Got jelly legs thinking about this ride already!
  • Anonymous
    CNP goody box has arrived!

0e64458d.jpg
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I hope it tastes good!?

How many bottles do you have there?
  • R8JimBob88
    R8JimBob88 Posts: 285
    Looks like a great route there along some roads that I ride regularly. The climb out of goyt valley will be interesting, ive only ever come down that way!
    If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got....
  • Looking good, i have "permission" from the wife and kids so looking forward to it. Might even get the "summer" bike out if the weather is as good as it is predicting. :wink:
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Not had a start sheet for the race on saturday yet so if im not in that im in this :)
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Anonymous
    I did it last year the day after a race and was fine ;)
  • Anonymous
    Pokerface wrote:
    I hope it tastes good!?

How many bottles do you have there?

30!!
  • simonn
    simonn Posts: 88
    Hello,

Plus one more- I'll be riding the black Dolan M-X that is covered in dirt, hah-hah!
    Looking forward to it and thanks to NapD for teeing this up.

Cheers,

Simon.
  • R8JimBob88
    R8JimBob88 Posts: 285
    Just had a look at the route and if you are looking to pass that little converted mill type house with the steep hairpin then you have missed it!

The road forks on the way down to it and you have gone right when it should be left. The cheshire cat actually takes you down there. Beautiful place.

99% sure i'll be there, coming from Hazel Grove on a Silver Allez 8)
    If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got....
  • Scrumple
    edited March 2011
    No miles at all this week for me, due to injury and a course away from home. Will not help!

My CNP order has already arrived, and they acknowledged the link to this ride.

See you there - my sat nav should do the trick but it is estimating 1hr45 mins !
  • a_n_t
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I did it last year the day after a race and was fine ;)

I know [think we've been here before! :) ] no trouble in doing it except I'm not allowed out both days of the weekend!

Anyway, start sheet has turned up so racing for me, have a good one.
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.
  • Ax
    Ax Posts: 36
    I was looking forward to the ride anyway but now there are some freebies to be had it'll be just like my birthday. Oh, hang on, it actually will be my birthday :D
    See you all on Sunday!
    2005 Dawes Galaxy
    2008 Specialized Rockhopper Disc
    2009 Focus Variado Expert
  • Scrumple
    a_n_t wrote:
    no trouble in doing it except I'm not allowed out both days of the weekend!.

MTFU
  • tlw1
    Scrumple wrote:
    a_n_t wrote:
    no trouble in doing it except I'm not allowed out both days of the weekend!.

MTFU

+1 (or have an issue at work you need to attend to)!
  • a_n_t
    I wouldn't ride both days anyway, got a 1 year old nipper so not fair on him [or the mrs!]
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    100m Yeah right.