BIKE RADAR Spring Fling Part 2 (now done!)

Comments

• a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Pokerface wrote:

I can eat p**** for England.

*pizza

and p****** for Ireland?

*potatoes :wink:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    p****** me?

*pardon
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    would have liked to have done this ride . but only managed 40 miles this year due to a tumble in jan. so not up to 70 miles. :( a word of warning . there is a road closed in langley. is the route anti clock wise . if so you should be ok . the road through langley is one way due to a bridge repair.
  • Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    Went over part of the route (coming in from the East) today...glorious scenery, glorious weather.

Must say though that you're doing Crowdecote hairpins the best way. Going down them is just a waste of a downhill :D I hardly got off the brakes with all those bends!

Enjoy yourselves, hope the weather is good to you.
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits
  • bigwilly
    bigwilly Posts: 23
    How many people are coming ?

My excuse for not keeping up is that in a newbie and hence not fit !
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    bigwilly wrote:
    How many people are coming ?!

As many people as show up
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Lot's hopefully, but not more than goodies in Nap's box.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    tim000 wrote:
    would have liked to have done this ride . but only managed 40 miles this year due to a tumble in jan. so not up to 70 miles. :( a word of warning . there is a road closed in langley. is the route anti clock wise . if so you should be ok . the road through langley is one way due to a bridge repair.

Cheers for the heads up, yeah, it's anti=clockwise...
  • Anonymous
    With regard to freebies, I have some drink and some gels, more substantial sustenance will be required...
    There (Should) be enough for one bottle of CNP Pro Hydrate each.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Just about to do my training, beer & curry :)
  • spanielsson
    spanielsson Posts: 776
    I've been off the bike all week after a nasty sickness bug, I'm going to test the legs on the club run tomorrow to see if I'm up to doing the full route and riding home afterwards.

100 mile Sunday? 8)

Maybe that could be next years ride? "NapD's CNP Sunday 100"
  • Pokerface
    Isn't 111KM in the hills bloody well enough!?

Not sure I'm going to trust NapD to do the route next year. We'll see if I can still walk on Monday. :oops:
  • mr_poll
    Last chance to see this and get involved.

Forecast is dry with cloud but warmer than of late.
  • Scrumple
    I have been in a winter jacket and longs every week - and was thinking an Assos airjack/windstopper type for tomorrow?

For those that are out this weekendin the relevant area, is it safe to do an LS jersey and gilet yet? May look warmer, but is it!

Not sure we have reached the turning point to ditch the jackets??
  • mr_poll
    I have been out in Long sleeved base layer and LS top - with my wind/rain proof packed up in a pocket in case of need - not used my jacket since beginning of Feb.

However still debating whether to go with my longs tomorrow.
  • Scrumple
    Weather is saying down to 5 - 7 and cloud tomorrow with a decent wind. Winter jacket weather for me...
    Even says light rain for Macc now.

Getting worse every time I look.
  • Anonymous
    Scrumple wrote:
    I have been in a winter jacket and longs every week - and was thinking an Assos airjack/windstopper type for tomorrow?

For those that are out this weekendin the relevant area, is it safe to do an LS jersey and gilet yet? May look warmer, but is it!

Not sure we have reached the turning point to ditch the jackets??

I did base layer, LS jersey and gilet when I did the recce last week. was a bit warm on the climbs and took the gilet off at one point. It soon went back on though for the descent from Elkstones.

I'll be wearing legwarmers too cos when my metal bits get cold my leg stops working.

I was thinking these -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002RX7QXC/r ... nkCode=asn
  • Anonymous
    Scrumple wrote:
    Weather is saying down to 5 - 7 and cloud tomorrow with a decent wind. Winter jacket weather for me...
    Even says light rain for Macc now.

Getting worse every time I look.

Stop looking then!
  • Really wish I could've come :cry:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Pokerface
    Been out in the area myself this week. As Nap says - long sleeve is warm on the climbs, but you'll appreciate it on the way down!
  • Anonymous
    ****I'm changing the route******

Just recced the first few miles and there is one section where the road is quite broken up and full of crap. Last year I think there was a bit of ice and someone came off. Obviously no ice this year but it's still full of crap.

I'll plot a new route out.
  • Scrumple
    My titanium terror is now SPOTLESS.

After last week's crash I have cleaned it up a treat. Smooth roads and clean surfaces all the way please...

Well, avoiding cow sh@te and mud would be good. Ice is not something I even want to think about...

Had a 20 mile hilly run out to test the ribs last night (would have been longer but my back light went in the middle of no where and I improvised with the front flasher). Hurts, and hurts most on steep climbs where I have to hunch! Great news - not!

I'm like a woman - can't decide between a jacket, a long sleeve and gilet, or an intermediate evo and gilet. Or my pink tutu and cravat.
  • Anonymous
    I'm going with Base Layer, LS Jersey, SS Jersey over the top and packing LW rain jacket.
    Shorts and legwarmers.
  • Sat outside typing this, warm when the sun pokes out in the peaks this morning, so baselayer, s/s jersey (maybe armwarmers) wind proof jacket. knee warmers.

I'll probably freeze thou :?
  • Anonymous
    Route has been changed somewhat at the beginning. We now sack Langley and Wincle and we go through Gawsworth and up the cloud.
    Easier start and route is shorter overall, less 'filler'...
    Ice done it on ride with gps. I'm typing this on my iPhone while I'm losing weight in the en suite, I'll post a link when I've finished.

Colin, please can you amend the first post when I've done it? (posted the link, not my dump...)
  • spanielsson
    spanielsson Posts: 776
    AT, you are one classy fellow.
  • Anonymous
    Right -

Have a look at this folks. Let me know if there's any issues.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/322035
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    Look a really good route.
    The first 25 miles on roads I've not ridden before so that's a bonus, although I'm tempted to get the missus to drop me off in the morning, then cut the ride short at Lees Lane and continue off to Bramhall.
    Good job Nap.
  • mr_poll
    Looks good to me.

Beautiful today up in West Lancs - nipped out for an hour of hilly work, fantastic. However something is making a noise when i drop to bottom gear and grind up the hills - will have a tinker tonight.

Back in time for the Milan - SR.
  • Scrumple
    Treated mysef to new brake pads today, for the hills..

Now, for the Irish... can't fall at the final hurdle?!