Transfers and contracts thread

Comments

• FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Breschel and LL Sanch also confirmed to Rabobank. Letting Menchov go must have opened up some cash. Not a bad move - focus on Gesink in July, and get some riders to keep things going the rest of the year.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    FJS wrote:
    Breschel and LL Sanch also confirmed to Rabobank. Letting Menchov go must have opened up some cash. Not a bad move - focus on Gesink in July, and get some riders to keep things going the rest of the year.

+1

Menchov leaving Rabobank is going to be great for Gesink. And Sanchez is the kind of rider who can get wins all year round and still give good support in the Tour.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Sanchez in orange - that is going to get some getting used to!

I agree that the Rabo moves are pretty good.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Sanchez in orange - that is going to get some getting used to!

Hope this helps ;)

o_atletico_de_madrid_varios-59711.jpg
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Thomas De Gendt now confirmed with Vacansoleil for two years.

Huge change there then from one mental attacking low land team to a slightly bigger mental attacking low land team. Where next?

I like De Ghent, might see a bit more of him now?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • frenchfighter
    Eisel 2 more years at HTC.

Kreuziger has received an offer from Astana.

Michael Mørkøv another two years at Saxo.

Sánchez another two years at Euskatel.

Riis said that Rasmussen is not on which isn't surprsing.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    freire wrote:

Good for Greipel. Bad for Van den Broeck.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    afx237vi wrote:
    freire wrote:

Oh I duno. Be only had Moreno this year really.

Strava is not Zen.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    afx237vi wrote:
    freire wrote:

Good for Cav too. Gripe-el had better produce the goods now not just sh1t races like TDU, he has no excuses but sadly for him he will get owned by Cav when they go head to head. Not in Cav's class but then who is at the moment?
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    wicked wrote:

Good for Cav too. Gripe-el had better produce the goods now not just sh1t races like TDU, he has no excuses but sadly for him he will get owned by Cav when they go head to head. Not in Cav's class but then who is at the moment?

Greipel is a good buy for any team really, because he's worth a lot of UCI points (more than Cavendish at the moment), and from next year, that becomes more important.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    iainf72 wrote:
    wicked wrote:

Greipel is a good buy for any team really, because he's worth a lot of UCI points (more than Cavendish at the moment), and from next year, that becomes more important.[/quote

Point taken. Still Cavendish's leftovers though. :wink: ]
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Fuglsang a gonner

“Am I happy to ride for Contador? No I’m not,” he said to Ekstra Bladet. “Now you can interpret whether it means that I don’t want to ride for him, or whether I’m switching teams.”

Some sectors of the media, where there is a perception that Contador is somehow unpopular in the peloton, will doubtless interpret Fuglsang’s comments as a slight on the Tour champion. It is more likely however that the Dane is simply dropping as strong a hint as possible that he will be leaving Bjarne Riis’ team.

“It would be a strange situation,” he added, “riding for Fränk and Andy one year and then riding for Contador the next. It would be strange to be riding against my friends.”

Perhaps someone needs to explain to Jakob the realities of being a "professional" sportsman. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all pick and chose when and who to race. I know Saxo Bank have form here, but still...
  • Matti Breschel to Rabobank.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    Renshaw extends with HTC
  • Cavendish extends with HTC until the end of 2013.
  • frenchfighter
    13! That speaks volumes, although if he ever needed to buy himself out I'm guessing he could meet the balance wihtout too many problems and any teams interested would pay up too.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    Looking likely Kreuziger will go to Astana
  • frenchfighter
    The Silent Assassin is, by his own admission, going to join Astana or Katusha next year.

Omega:
    “We are still looking for two or three additional riders,” explained Coucke. “Preferably tough guys, that might be useful in a train, but just as well in a team time trial or echelon.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    The Silent Assassin is, by his own admission, going to join Astana or Katusha next year.

Omega:
    “We are still looking for two or three additional riders,” explained Coucke. “Preferably tough guys, that might be useful in a train, but just as well in a team time trial or echelon.”

Recon they're gutted they missed out on Devolder?
  • frenchfighter
    Good point, although he may have been a little overvalued. What Omega need is simply wins of any kind - they have very few and Griepel may be the ideal person to do just that.

They have a shockingly low total of 3 wins. Yes three! 84th in the rankings per # wins. The top team (HTC) has 47, of which 16 are Greipel's (who incidentally has more wins than any other rider - 2nd is David Mcann with 10 (yes little team) and 3rd is Contador with 9)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Good point, although he may have been a little overvalued. What Omega need is simply wins of any kind - they have very few and Griepel may be the ideal person to do just that.

They have a shockingly low total of 3 wins. Yes three! 84th in the rankings per # wins. The top team (HTC) has 47, of which 16 are Greipel's (who incidentally has more wins than any other rider - 2nd is David Mcann with 10 (yes little team) and 3rd is Contador with 9)

Devolder would be good value for Omega, just for the Flemish week. Then again, if Levefre can't whip him into shape and back in line...

He'd make them stronger than quick-step in the races that matter...
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762

Why have Milram signed two stagiaires when they'll be finished at the end of the year?
    Are they hoping against hope for another sponsor?
  • frenchfighter
    Brice Feillu rumoured to join Schlecks.

Karpets extends for a year.

Riis met with Rassmussen and his personal sponsor in person.

“With regard to Michael Rasmussen, he is a rider who I think has paid for the situation he was previously in. He is a rider who has already achieved a lot. But in this context, it is Riis who must make the decision.”
    -Contador
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Tusher wrote:

Why have Milram signed two stagiaires when they'll be finished at the end of the year?
    Are they hoping against hope for another sponsor?
    For the same reason many firms in the real world hire interns - cheap labour. Making tea & photocopying = carrying water bottles and facing headwinds before live TV starts
  • “With regard to Michael Rasmussen, he is a rider who I think has paid for the situation he was previously in. He is a rider who has already achieved a lot. But in this context, it is Riis who must make the decision.”
    -Contador

That sounds to me like "Keep that mentalist away from my Tour de France"
  • frenchfighter
    Boom made some negative comments during the Tour about Matti joining Rabo...now he has had to apologise:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5228/ ... schel.aspx
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    edited August 2010
    Andy Cappelle is off to Quick-Step

A 'childhood dream' apparantly.
  • I'm beginning to wonder whether my assertion about Cav's contract extension is correct after all.
    It was reported by a radio station on the IOM, but has clearly not been confirmed by HTC as yet.
    It still looks likely he will stay - Renshaw re-signing was a key indicator - but I am beginning to wonder whether Sky are attempting to spoil Bob's best laid plans.
  • iainf72
    Vino is going to continue riding in 2011 rather than go into management.