Transfers and contracts thread

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I find it amazing that a haemophiliac can be a pro cyclist, so double well done to him.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    After all the talk, Cunego is staying at Lampre-ISD (or, as some wag called them, Team LSD)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Mauricio Ardila and Dmitriy Kozontchuk follow Menchov to Geox.

Riis saying Cancellara stays with him for 2011. It seems based purely on the fact that he has a contract. Yet we all know that contracts can be broken - teams would pay big money for Cancellara but I don't think Riis will let him go for any price. Cancellara isn't too happy apparently, not squashing transfer rumours and not being told about the new signings by Riis, finding out via the press. I hope all is good between both, it helps neither for there to be discord.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Riis saying Cancellara stays with him for 2011. It seems based purely on the fact that he has a contract. Yet we all know that contracts can be broken - teams would pay big money for Cancellara but I don't think Riis will let him go for any price. Cancellara isn't too happy apparently, not squashing transfer rumours and not being told about the new signings by Riis, finding out via the press. I hope all is good between both, it helps neither for there to be discord.

Cancellara's future is interesting. He seems to have another year on his contract, but I'm not sure that means a lot.

It's a financial rather than cycling issue. Who knows how much Saxo and Sunguard have put in (probably less than 2009). Contador and his cronies probably cost an estimated 5-6 million euros - much more than the Schlecks. That's some team's whole budget. And a rider like Cancellara should be getting 1.5-2 million.

It's like playing fantasy cycling. You can't afford all the top stars. My suspicion is that Saxo will let FC go for the right price to get him off the pay roll (although the departure of Breschel doesn't support this}. I've heard Team Schleck, Geox, BMC and Sky to be interested.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    guess the only reason Cancellara is worried is that maybe they won't have a team for the classics but he seemed to do ok on his own this year anyway.

If he stays with Saxo he gets to ride the motorised spesh again :D
  • frenchfighter
    Sella to Androni Giocattoli - Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Sella to Androni Giocattoli - Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni

Is he allowed to ride for five different teams?

:D
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • frenchfighter
    The ISD-Lampre situation is a little confused.

ISD are leaving as sponsor and joining Lampre as co-sponsor, so former ISD team has no sponsor. Apparently Cipo's company MCipollini will step in if no main sponsor can be found.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • sherer wrote:
    guess the only reason Cancellara is worried is that maybe they won't have a team for the classics but he seemed to do ok on his own this year anyway.

If you think that he won them on his own then I'd be worried you didn't watch the races
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
    Evgeni Petrov from Katusha to Astana.
    Francesco Masciarelli from Acqua-Sapone to Astana.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Wynant to Rabo?
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    All to Astana

New contracts for next seasons: Evgueni Petrov, Roman Kreuziger,Tanel Kangert, Francesco Masciarelli, Robert Kiserlovski.
    cartoon.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    For the Luxembourg team, the following are pretty certain:

As expected, many of those who competed with Team Saxo Bank are expected to line out with Andy and Frank Schleck, including Jakob Fuglsang, Stuart O’Grady, Jens Voigt and Dominic Klemme.

According to Biciciclismo, the following are near certain
    Linus Gerdemann
    Fabian Wegman
    Daniele Bennati
    Brice Feillu
    Maxime Monfort
    Joost Posthuma
    Robert Wagner

These are likely:
    Anders Lund and Laurent Didier, both former Saxo.

With Lampre / ISD,
    ISD - NERI becomes and Farnese Vini-MCipollini
    and
    Lampre - Farnese Vini becomes Lampre-ISD
    Musical sponsors
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Di Luca rumoured to be in tentative talks with F.V - Cipo. He can race as of July 22, 2011.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kurt-Asle Arvesen is unsure about his future. Might continue as a DS at Sky but it's possible he'll go to the Schlecks teams.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    Kurt-Asle Arvesen is unsure about his future. Might continue as a DS at Sky but it's possible he'll go to the Schlecks teams.

He'll be a good DS, but I reckon he's got a good couple of years in him yet if he fancies it. Him and Kim Andersen go way back so it wouldn't be surprising move.
  • iainf72
    Tondo to Movistar
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Theo Bos going to Rabobank?
    and
    Thomas Bonnin (young French climbing hope) going to Skil
  • iainf72
    Hushovd to Garmin. Confirmed
  • RichN95.
    When is the day that everything can be revealed? Is it Wednesday (September 1st)? Or October 1st?
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:
    When is the day that everything can be revealed? Is it Wednesday (September 1st)? Or October 1st?

You can reveal it after the 1'st of August I believe. There was a bit of a rule change last year.
  • frenchfighter
    "I have signed because they are focusing very much on the classics next year, and that's a big goal for me."
    Hushovd
    I guess Farrar wont be an issue

Intxausti to Movistar from Euskaltel
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    Adam Hansen to Omegapharma-Lotto for 2 years

Gripe's train starts to form....
  • Bernardus
    Bernardus Posts: 136
    Nico Eeckhout (39) will not ride any races for the rest of the year. He hasn't ridden without pain since a crash in the GP Cerami. "Rambo" will probably retire.
  • "I have signed because they are focusing very much on the classics next year, and that's a big goal for me."
    Hushovd
    I guess Farrar wont be an issue

Farrar and Hushovd are different riders really. Farrar was more of a go-to man in the Classics for Garmin, whereas Hushovd is a ready made classics rider who has a decent sprint.

Hushovd proved in the Tour he's not a bunch sprinter anymore
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Hushovd would be a pretty handy leadout man!
  • iainf72
    Phinney to BMC.

Apparantly.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    iainf72 wrote:
    Phinney to BMC.

Apparantly.
    Doperz suck
  • iainf72
    Kléber wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Phinney to BMC.

Apparantly.
    Doperz suck

Do you think he can't sign a 2 year contract with a team which will only exist for 1 year? I'm not very clever, but my maths tells me it's not possible.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Is that known for sure, I thought RS was in for four years? But clearly the moment Armstrong stops, it doesn't make sense for the team to continue.

As it happens, he's not had a great time as a stagiaire rider, although crashes have been a problem for him. His team mates like Matt Busche and Jesse Sergent have done much better.

Talking of Trek-Livestrong riders, it looks like Alex Dowsett is off to Team Sky.