Transfers and contracts thread

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    And Moinard to BMC
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,041
    Bert to stay with Astana for another 2/3 years.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Not sure if this really belongs on this thread, but it didn't seem worth one of its own - but should this article be taken at face value? And what's the story behind it?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vaughte ... _headlines

Sorry - my iPhone defeated me when trying to make that into a link.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Ciolek back to being Cav's bitch at HTC if Milram go under this season

Edit: That says b1tch btw
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Kléber wrote:
    Sky are reported to have signed several climbers for 2011. Anyone know more?

Well they like Scandos so how about Sorensen and Fulsgang?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    They'd be good additions, ditch the Italians!
  • iainf72
    Le Mevel to Garmin
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    25 riders at Milram transferring to goodness knows where, probably unemployment or career changes for plenty. Still, the invisible hand is at work..if the sport doesn't look attractive, whose fault is that?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Dave_1 wrote:
    25 riders at Milram transferring to goodness knows where, probably unemployment or career changes for plenty. Still, the invisible hand is at work..if the sport doesn't look attractive, whose fault is that?
    Ullrich and Schumacher. The Milram team are partly paying for the disgust in Germany at the massive deception foisted on the German public by Ullrich, Schumacher and others. Tour of Germany's gone etc.

I suspect some will end up with new Schleck Luxembourg team and Riis too.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Yeah, but would Milram have gone near the sport if not for Ullrich?

Sad that we're now left with no German teams.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • dave_1
    Caisse d epargne are gone too..50 riders looking for contracts? Luxembourg team a new addition. What will be the total number of riders employed at pro tour level as compared to the previous years? Down? :? Must be worrying times as 25 jobs for 2011 have gone at this count...but don't know? If we get what we wish for then Shack will pull out before 2011.
  • K-WF
    K-WF Posts: 8
    Vacansoleil wants to go ProTour... could pick up some of the riders.

Iker Camano to Endura Racing btw
  • dave_1
    K-WF wrote:
    Vacansoleil wants to go ProTour... could pick up some of the riders.

Iker Camano to Endura Racing btw

I use the pro tour category loosely. Vacansoleil may not be replaced from the tier of pro racing they leave which means employment contraction at pro cycling level below pro tour, which is the worry...less stepping stones for upcoming riders is sad news for riders not quite outstanding enough to jump to pro tour teams
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    FFS Dave, welcome to the real world. :roll:

If the company I work for doesn't do so well and goes bust I lose my job. When that happens, and I took voluntary redundancy last year, I have to find a new job. I'm sure it's the same for many on here, why should pro cycling be any different?

Many of these teams only have themselves to blame, by turning a blind eye to doping they've caused damage to the sport that makes it less attractive to sponsors. In troubled economic times that means unemployment for many.
  • dave_1
    andyp wrote:
    FFS Dave, welcome to the real world. :roll:

If the company I work for doesn't do so well and goes bust I lose my job. When that happens, and I took voluntary redundancy last year, I have to find a new job. I'm sure it's the same for many on here, why should pro cycling be any different?

Many of these teams only have themselves to blame, by turning a blind eye to doping they've caused damage to the sport that makes it less attractive to sponsors. In troubled economic times that means unemployment for many.

Your usual polite self I see Andyp. These guys only have what..say 10 years as pros and have to find alternative livings after it mostly...so it isn't quite a fair comparison you make..most people have 40 years in a career if they choose ..these cyclists are in a different boat. It's more serious as their skills won't transfer so easily to non-cycling careers I guess. Put yourself in their shoes, in the real world for many of them..
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,796
    Dave_1 wrote:

people like you

its your fault
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:

people like you

its your fault

lol.. :lol: I am not involved in cycling...
  • mididoctors
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

people like you

its your fault

yes you are
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

people like you

its your fault

yes you are

No I am not
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Dave_1 wrote:

Biking Bernie, and anyone else who points out that there may still be doping and corruption at the heart of the sport? Go on, say it! It's what you're thinking isn't it? :D

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • mididoctors
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

people like you

its your fault

yes you are

No I am not

all the people who form the body of opinion that argue for a status quo intentionally or not are part of the problem

ie you

really you have told numerous people the opposite and asked them to follow another sport... you have it backwards

you should go away or change your mind

its your fault

the end
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

people like you

its your fault

yes you are

No I am not

all the people who form the body of opinion that argue for a status quo intentionally or not are part of the problem

ie you

really you have told numerous people the opposite and asked them to follow another sport... you have it backwards

you should go away or change your mind

its your fault

the end

it;s people who don't care about the innocent majority in the sport, it's your fault. So you go away and follow another sport.. I am staying here. The end.
  • ratsbeyfus
    If only there were more big time dopers when you were riding dave - you might just have made it as a domestique / sentry-guard-to-keep-watch-outside-their-bedroom-doors-when-the-doctor-was-calling.

@ratsbey
  • mididoctors
    Dave_1 wrote:

it;s people who don't care about the innocent majority in the sport, it's your fault. So you go away and follow another sport.. I am staying here. The end.

are the innocent majority protected by your attitude or your arguments?

the very fact the issue is so much in the news and you HAVE to make a counter argument is testimony to the utter utter failure of your own position.

if the world operated as you think it did or even COULD this debate would never have existed in the first place.. the status quo is unsupportable

you repeatedly hold the innocent as hostage to your own world view which is morally bankrupt not least in that the pay off for you is solely the domain of supporting your own identity.. as you have no involvement in cycling? well how do I square that with the younger riders forming part of that innocent majority I am involved with Mr not involved?

you still want to claim to have no stake in cycling? because if that is the case why argue the point

your position is bankrupt

are you a stakeholder or not?

if you are not then your just a troll ars3ing around on the net...which to be fair is ok in so far as it means relatively little in the grand scheme of things...

if you are stakeholder then in my opinion you are doing it wrong and since you are claiming not to be a stakeholder for the benefit of all those who feel they are WDYGAFY seeing as they form part of innocent majority
  • ratsbeyfus
    Cor - I'd have liked to have said that but I couldn't find the words. Chapeau!

@ratsbey
  • iainf72
    Timoid. wrote:
    Yeah, but would Milram have gone near the sport if not for Ullrich?

Sad that we're now left with no German teams.

NetApp are stepping up to Pro Conti next year with the eventual aim of going ProTour.
  • K-WF
    K-WF Posts: 8
    And they would like to take over Milram's ProTour-licence. Plus part of team?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Anyway let's get back on track.

Scarponi to Lampre, apparently - not yet confirmed.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • El Imbatido
    El Imbatido Posts: 144
    Rabobank after Luis Leon Sanchez

http://www.wielerland.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11885&Itemid=36

But apparently (and for this i have no link only the word of another forum member) he has already signed with Radioshack :shock: Apparently Boogerd said it
    Do you have any Therapeutic Use Exemptions?
    No. Never have.
    Never? What about the cortisone?
    Well, obviously there was the cortisone
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    RichN95 wrote:
    Scarponi to Lampre, apparently - not yet confirmed.
    :lol:

They'll soon be able to field a full strength team of riders who have been banned at some point in their career.