Transfers and contracts thread

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Dave_1 wrote:

it;s people who don't care about the innocent majority in the sport, it's your fault. So you go away and follow another sport.. I am staying here. The end.

are the innocent majority protected by your attitude or your arguments?

the very fact the issue is so much in the news and you HAVE to make a counter argument is testimony to the utter utter failure of your own position.

if the world operated as you think it did or even COULD this debate would never have existed in the first place.. the status quo is unsupportable

you repeatedly hold the innocent as hostage to your own world view which is morally bankrupt not least in that the pay off for you is solely the domain of supporting your own identity.. as you have no involvement in cycling? well how do I square that with the younger riders forming part of that innocent majority I am involved with Mr not involved?

you still want to claim to have no stake in cycling? because if that is the case why argue the point

your position is bankrupt

are you a stakeholder or not?

if you are not then your just a troll ars3ing around on the net...which to be fair is ok in so far as it means relatively little in the grand scheme of things...

if you are stakeholder then in my opinion you are doing it wrong and since you are claiming not to be a stakeholder for the benefit of all those who feel they are WDYGAFY seeing as they form part of innocent majority

midi Dr, your just another sad forum anti-doping warrior. Your response is pathetic. You just live for doping investigations and don't give dash about the collateral damage...your presumption is that if we bust the TDF winner, then we get justice, which is false...Ullrich is not deserving and who to trust behind them?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Chavanel is staying at Quick Step
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Brice Feillu and Romain Feillu are dissatisfied with their Vacansoleil team and wish to move on to greener pastures in 2011. De Telegraaf claims that the new home of the brothers Feillu could be Bryan Nygaard and Kim Andersen's new team out of Luxembourg

Eijssen sounds interesting
    Previously, it was presented as a possibility that both Cofidis's Amael Moinard and Omega Pharma's Greg Van Avermaet could move to Andy Rihs's BMC Racing Team in 2011, but Feltet.dk takes it one step further and confirms their transfer for the coming season to the red and black Swiss squad.

BMC will certainly enjoy the services of the two young riders, but went still further down in age to the talented young Belgian, Yannick Eijssen.

Eijssen rode as a stagiaire in 2009 for Omega-Pharma, but remained in the U23 ranks for the 2010 season, which has seen more success from the native of Leuven, Belgium. The 21-year-old climber can lay claim to victories at the Beverbeek Classic and the highly coveted Ronde de l'Isard, as well as a sixth place finish at the U23 Liege-Bastogne-Liege.

The rider was of course on the Omega Pharma radar, but three other ProTour teams were vying for Eijssen's signature as well: QuickStep, HTC-Columbia, and BMC.

In the end, Eijssen opted for BMC: "I chose BMC, because they gave me more security, so I can develop myself as a climber."

Another two years at Rabobank for Jos van Emden.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:
    Chavanel is staying at Quick Step

As is Pineau.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    But apparently (and for this i have no link only the word of another forum member) he has already signed with Radioshack :shock: Apparently Boogerd said it

This would be awful news and HIGHLY improbable given LLS is very good friends with Contador.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    But apparently (and for this i have no link only the word of another forum member) he has already signed with Radioshack :shock: Apparently Boogerd said it

This would be awful news and HIGHLY improbable given LLS is very good friends with Contador.

So are a lot of the other riders on the Shack. And so is Bruyneel.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    edited September 2015
    I mean their others halfs are friends too, so definitely close. And to say Bruyneel is friends with Contador is a little odd.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • K-WF
    K-WF Posts: 8
    Rabobank after Luis Leon Sanchez

http://www.wielerland.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11885&Itemid=36

Yes, Michael Boogerd said this on Dutch TV during the Tour. No other sources found yet.
  • iainf72
    I mean their others halfs are friends too, so definitely close. And to say Bruyneel is friends with Contador is a little odd.

He is though. They sat next to each other on the plane at Crit Intl and had a good old natter.

Bert says there are no problems between them.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    They go back a long way, Bruyneel signed Contador for Discovery after all and the link meant it was Bruyneel who came back to Astana after the Manolo Saiz / Vinokourouv drugs busts.
  • frenchfighter
    Fédrigo to FDJ maybe
    Contador is the Greatest
  • K-WF
    K-WF Posts: 8
    Chainel def. to FdJ, to join Mourey.
    LL Sanchez doubts about Rabo and the Shack. Rabo's offer is said to be better (financially).
    Bonnet could go to Cervélo or FdJ
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Word is that if Cunego goes to Sky or Garmin as rumoured, the money freed up will be used to acquire Di Luca
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    There's an article with LLS on Cyclingfever where he says he leaves all negotiations to his dad and a friend. Just concentrating on Le Tour.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Word is that if Cunego goes to Sky or Garmin as rumoured, the money freed up will be used to acquire Di Luca

Scarponi, Kasheskin, Di Luca - you can see why Cunego might be keen to leave.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    Are Lampre the new Rock Racing?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Philip S wrote:

No, they'll win things.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    calvjones wrote:
    Philip S wrote:

No, they'll win things.

I guess they're picking dopers who've still got a bit of life left in them, as opposed to decrepit dopers...
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Team Specialized-Sungard to sign Alby thw Accountant for 2011?

It would explain the comment from P+P the other day about him being on the same team as the Schlecks, if this Kim Andersen (?) thing falls through?

(via Inner Ring)
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Anyone else heard Devolder to Vaconsolei?

Yep
    Devolder now linked with Vacansoleil.
    “We are already agreed,” said the team’s general manager Daan Luijkx. “We want it and Stijn wants it. Now we have to come to a financial agreement.

Devolder to Vacansoleil confirmed - QS is OK with the move
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Kléber wrote:
    They go back a long way, Bruyneel signed Contador for Discovery after all and the link meant it was Bruyneel who came back to Astana after the Manolo Saiz / Vinokourouv drugs busts.

Contador is rumoured to have 3 options

1. Stay at Astana and he will receive the highest ever salary in ProCycling also Vino is said to be stepping down and becoming the DS in the hope of finding a Kazakh GC contender.

2. Overtures have been made by Riis for the rumoured Specialized team. The idea is to have a Cervelo typre test team. obviously Specialized would like to see him (Contador) on their products.

3. Sign with Bruyneel/Shack. No Armstrong and the team has older menmbers who will retire/move on. Contador won 2 TdF with Bruyneel who has won 9 as a DS. Trek would love to have Contador back on their bikes.
    M.Rushton
  • Kléber
    Roche and Farrar both renew contracts with their existing teams, Ag2r and Garmin.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I thought Roche was already under contract for AG2R next year (something his pa said I think)...
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Eurosport were indicating that you Nic could be off to Sky?
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Kléber wrote:
    Sky are reported to have signed several climbers for 2011. Anyone know more?
    New signing Sarkozy tries out his Sky jersey and shorts
    4830458476_911d690278_b.jpg
    then meets colleagues Fedrigo and Gadret
    4829875495_8b11851f0b.jpg
  • Kléber
    A man of taste and the finer things in life, not content with Carla Bruni and the trappings of state, Prez Sarkozy runs Campagnolo :lol:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Nice shoe n sock combo!

Strava is not Zen.
  • iainf72
    mrushton wrote:
    Contador is rumoured to have 3 options

Navarro has just said on Spanish radio that his and Contadors future is not at Astana
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    FJS wrote:
    Anyone else heard Devolder to Vaconsolei?

Yep
    Devolder now linked with Vacansoleil.
    “We are already agreed,” said the team’s general manager Daan Luijkx. “We want it and Stijn wants it. Now we have to come to a financial agreement.

Devolder to Vacansoleil confirmed - QS is OK with the move

Woo, got that one on the 11 June.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Sarkozy -- one of the men in black.

Obviously on the dope.