TFL Cycle Challenge - Team SCR??

Comments

• Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Is it worth emailing/pm'ing them again and poking them with a big virtual stick to log some miles, I can't believe they haven't cycled any miles.

Them dropping back down and keeping the points has really got me a bit angry, it really grips my sh!t
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Can't we have some 'friends' join the UBS team and not ride any miles :evil:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    redvee wrote:
    Can't we have some 'friends' join the UBS team and not ride any miles :evil:

or bette still have some friends join our team and ride LOTS of miles
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    +1 for WesternWay's suggestion. I'll be doing my bit for the cause this weekend- a ton Saturday morning, out Sunday as well...should be 150 miles at least.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I'll be adding another 75 for this weeks commuting efforts
  • WesternWay
    Couple of people in the office are going to throw their miles in with us.

BJUK you should see a couple of requests coming in... They are not going to break any records but the early miles are valuable
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    WesternWay wrote:
    Couple of people in the office are going to throw their miles in with us.

BJUK you should see a couple of requests coming in... They are not going to break any records but the early miles are valuable

Cheers WesternWay, both approved :-)

After my last stats update last night we are now down to 3 who haven't logged any but there are some who have rather low mileage considering they commute 5 days a week and have reported completing a ride to Brighton and a far way back at the weekend! (That should narrow it down nicely.........)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • richred_uk
    richred_uk Posts: 167
    Impressed that UBS found the loophole in the # of members that lets them sit in the 51 - 100 group AND the 100+ group - well programmed TFL!
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Up to Elite now, need to get some miles in on Sunday to jump up the Team SCR leaderboard
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    richred_uk wrote:
    Impressed that UBS found the loophole in the # of members that lets them sit in the 51 - 100 group AND the 100+ group - well programmed TFL!

Well spotted........I'm thinking I may fire off another mail to point that one out!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • I've got about another 60 max in the tank between now and the end of the challenge - time and tide and all that. I still reckon we can do it.

Edit - BTW none of my clothes fit me any more...
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    between 44-50 miles for my commute tomorrow. Will try to do it friday too. And if im really fit the last 3 days of the month so somewhere in the region of 250 miles to go.
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    between 44-50 miles for my commute tomorrow. Will try to do it friday too. And if im really fit the last 3 days of the month so somewhere in the region of 250 miles to go.
  • WesternWay
    Well we have caught them in the miles again (just)

Only one of the people in the office appears to have actually logged miles for us, I'll remind him today.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    WesternWay wrote:

Only one of the people in the office appears to have actually logged miles for us, I'll remind him today.

Caught in miles but still behind in points! Stupid bl00dy scoring system!!!

Just under 1 week to go now so this time next week we'll know where we finish - 1 place higher then we currently are would be nice :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Can I add the miles from Bristol to London and back on the coach today. I'll ride my bike in Bristol for 1/2 mile to qualify the coach miles as commuting on bike :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Grumble. UBS are 1000 points ahead of us, and have a lot more members, but we've got more miles.

And they're in first.

No fair.
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay wrote:

Done and he has logged us some miles.

We are going to be hard pushed here innit?
  • Bassjunkieuk
    WesternWay wrote:
    WesternWay wrote:

Done and he has logged us some miles.

We are going to be hard pushed here innit?

Yeah, in an effort to scrap every last point I've gone back over my Daily Mile logged rides for this month and updated my commutes from the first 1 1/2 weeks with the .xx miles that I didn't account for before! Think I may have managed to get another 2 points but I guess it all helps :-)

I might also be logging 40-50 on Sunday if I go and accompany a couple of managers from work on the London Bikeathon, they are doing the scenic route which starts at Chelsea Hospital and heads out towards and through Richmond Park (I may do some laps depending on how long it takes them to get through the middle!!!) 26 miles for that plus my mileage to get there and back......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    They can still be caught. I've still got a couple of commutes, another FNRttC tomorrow night (should be a ton by the time I ride back), I've signed up for the RBL's 'Big Bike Ride' round Pompey on Sunday (by the time I've ridden to and from the start, 20-25), I'll probably nip out Sunday afternoon (30+)....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    I might also be logging 40-50 on Sunday if I go and accompany a couple of managers from work on the London Bikeathon

Are they logging their miles?
  • Bassjunkieuk
    kelsen wrote:
    I might also be logging 40-50 on Sunday if I go and accompany a couple of managers from work on the London Bikeathon

They aren't on the team..........but I shall badger them to join :-) *kicks self*
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    kelsen wrote:

They aren't on the team..........but I shall badger them to join :-) *kicks self*

If they sign-up, don't forget it's all miles from June 1st!
  • Bassjunkieuk
    I have just sent them both an e-mail from the Invite People section on the challenge page. Said they can log all the miles they've done this month and that we are "only" 1K points behind :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    extended ride home tonight then - its whether i dip in and do a lap of rp as well... though given comments the surface is shite to ride on atm...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Is this just a London thing or can anyone join the team?
    I have just sent them both an e-mail from the Invite People section on the challenge page.

If the answer to my question above lets me join (bearing in mind pretty much all of my miles will be from South Wales), then please send me an invite... :D
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    We were miles ahead of them, I go on holiday and no one takes up the slack

Shameful effort
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • WesternWay
    Clever Pun wrote:

Shameful effort

Are you back?

If so, get logging.
    If not, cycle home and log when you get here
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Is this just a London thing or can anyone join the team?
    I have just sent them both an e-mail from the Invite People section on the challenge page.

If the answer to my question above lets me join (bearing in mind pretty much all of my miles will be from South Wales), then please send me an invite... :D

Someone has said that you needed to have a connection to London to sign up, such as living/working/studying in the capital but we have members on the team from Portsmouth and Derby so unless TFL go over team membership with a fine tooth comb.........

You can sign up using the top link in my sig :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    WesternWay wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Shameful effort

Are you back?

If so, get logging.
    If not, cycle home and log when you get here

logged my 16 and a bit miles of pain this morning another 20 or so this evening
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14