TFL Cycle Challenge - Team SCR??

Comments

• Has anyone else spotted that UBS have (as I believe I predicted) ducked it up and gone up a league? Thereby leaving us to sail home in the 51-100 category?

Just call me Nostradamus.... :D

Ha! Their at 101 members and 8th (I believe) in the 100+ league, what a monumental c0ck-up :-) I wonder if they operate on the approval system like we do or it they just let people sign up - I'd assume the later as they really can't contest in the 100+ group with the top guys in there having over 300 members!!!!

Anyhow BACK ON TOP :-D

I don't know why I think this, but I think they are hiding away in the 100+ group and towards the end will see they have a chance at the 50-100 group and remove the lowest mileage members.

They are a cycling club, they will want to win... :?
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    I'm inclined to agree with Coopster....no slacking everyone, and LFGSS could still get stronger even if UBS don't cull their dead wood. And we want a crushing victory, not a narrow one, right?
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    added my club 10 miles. If winds are light on sat im aiming for a century, and a half century on sunday if i still have legs.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Looks like I'm having to work on Saturday. Boo. However, I'll ride in so chalk up another 18 miles. Yay!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Has anyone else spotted that UBS have (as I believe I predicted) ducked it up and gone up a league? Thereby leaving us to sail home in the 51-100 category?

Just call me Nostradamus.... :D

Ha! Their at 101 members and 8th (I believe) in the 100+ league, what a monumental c0ck-up :-) I wonder if they operate on the approval system like we do or it they just let people sign up - I'd assume the later as they really can't contest in the 100+ group with the top guys in there having over 300 members!!!!

Anyhow BACK ON TOP :-D

I don't know why I think this, but I think they are hiding away in the 100+ group and towards the end will see they have a chance at the 50-100 group and remove the lowest mileage members.

They are a cycling club, they will want to win... :?

Also, the Titanic that sank wasn't the real Titanic, it was its sister ship the Olympic in a massive insurance scam by White Star, who, by the way, were owned by JP Morgan. Yes, that JP Morgan.

:P
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    There are some seriously laid-back participants in here :lol:
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    I've got 315 miles logged on SC Stats for June would that be of any use in the SCR quest for TfL Challenge glory or is it too late to sign up?
  • lost_in_thought
    owenlars wrote:
    I've got 315 miles logged on SC Stats for June would that be of any use in the SCR quest for TfL Challenge glory or is it too late to sign up?

Do it. Get involved. Immediately!
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719

Signed up but not sure I can put miles in yet
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    owenlars wrote:

Signed up but not sure I can put miles in yet

Bassjunkieuk will approve your team membership and then you can start logging.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • richred_uk
    richred_uk Posts: 167
    Room for another? I'm now doing 22.5m a day M-F (6.5m in with the train taking 10m of strain in the AM, but doing the full 16.5 back).

Rich
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    richred_uk wrote:
    Room for another? I'm now doing 22.5m a day M-F (6.5m in with the train taking 10m of strain in the AM, but doing the full 16.5 back).

Rich

Yep! Still have plenty of spaces
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • richred_uk
    done - 220 miles logged
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    958.01 logged, big ride this weekend to reach 1k or rest, hmmm :twisted:
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    too windy to go out today so no century :( will try again tomorow
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Due to a electrical (we suspect) problem with the family bus and so not having the use of the 8 seater we had to call on my parents to ferry one of the mini-BJUK's to Dulwich Park yesterday whilst Mrs BJUK took 4 and I "volunteered" to use my bike :-)

The ride to the park, 2 laps whilst I waited for those in cars to arrive, a few laps with the kids and my brother + his GF (them on the hired side-by-side tandem!) and the subsequent ride back to my parents house in Croydon meant I sneaked in an un-expected 17 miles yesterday :-D

I also have to ride the bike back today so have the chance to add another few miles to the pot :-)

I've also been having a look at the leaderboards:

In our group we are still pi$$ing over all and sundry with:

20309.05 17333.05 Team SCR

However our former nemesis who "accidently" went off the radar and got promoted are on:

20351.85 15962.55 UBS Cycling Club

Their 6th with 103 members and just shy of 50 points ahead of us, despite us logging about 1,500 more miles!!!

Good luck to our team members to the L2B today :-) A few century rides would be useful to give UBS a wake-up call (although having said that they might have some member partaking......)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    104 miles logged for yesterday's L2B
  • lost_in_thought
    We really need to get on it with our members - we could have almost double the membership we've got at the moment.

But we still appear to be winning... :D
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    ive got 3 days off work this week, i may try to do 300km... It will be a minimum of 200k
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    June is proving to be a bad month for me cycling wise :cry: Still I'm out today but won't be again 'til Friday (off to Newcastle for 3 days). I'll extend the run home tonight again so I can add 25 miles this evening but I'm missing the bike.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I've got a long weekend, but on Wednesday lunch time I'm planning on going out for a couple of hours to make up for it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    points up :)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    woop woop, a non-cyclist dropped out and my workplace are we now second in the 10 man category, could be my 1000 points helping :lol:
  • As predicted earlier in this thread, UBS are back and with a lead...
  • richred_uk
    First Capital Connect are helping - I left my wallet in the office and they wouldn't let me on the train this morning so had to ride all the way in which adds a few extra miles to today's total.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    As predicted earlier in this thread, UBS are back and with a lead...

fe(k and ar$e!

1 24993.79 20542.79 UBS Cycling Club UBS Cycling Club
    2 22265.33 19239.33 Team SCR Silly Commuter Racers

OK, this means war now - The cheeky sods!!! TBH I'm not sure if that lead is surmountable at the moment. We have 8 days left in the month and they have exactly 100 members on their team (all of who are logging miles I suspect..........) and we're on 64 with 5 members who seemingly haven't cycled AT ALL this month.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • MonkeyMonster
    cheeky feckers i bet still retain the extra join points - even if they are then booted...
  • Bassjunkieuk
    cheeky feckers i bet still retain the extra join points - even if they are then booted...

I'd hope not, but then going by some of the dodgy admin work we've spotted on that site I wouldn't put it past the DBA's to *miss* taking the points off a team who eject members......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • MonkeyMonster

I'd hope not, but then going by some of the dodgy admin work we've spotted on that site I wouldn't put it past the DBA's to *miss* taking the points off a team who eject members......

well they haven't got the miles to warrant 2000 more points
  • Bassjunkieuk

well they haven't got the miles to warrant 2000 more points

But they do have presumably 41 more members logging miles, this would break down in new user miles alone as:

41 members * first 10 miles * 5 points per mile = 2050 point alone for *just* 410 miles towards the teams total mileage!!

Then if those members ride anymore to bring them up to the 20 mile, 1 point per mile cut off they get:

41 member * next 10 miles * 2 points per mile = 820 points :-(

Likewise if our 5 non-riders could post just 20 miles each we'd bag an extra 350 points and make a dent in their lead.

This is assuming I'm reading the "How it works" section correctly.......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5