TFL Cycle Challenge - Team SCR??

1171819202123»

Comments

• outofbreath2
    outofbreath2 Posts: 216
    Junkie is still balling his eyes out at the lost chance to scalp 2012 team - all that hope you raised within only to be cruelly dashed...

Stop it, stop it I say! (about to commit hari kari (sp?))
    Fiend of a highest order - you'll do well here :D
    OK, feeling better now.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Junkie is still balling his eyes out at the lost chance to scalp 2012 team - all that hope you raised within only to be cruelly dashed...

Fiend of a highest order - you'll do well here :D

Sad+smiley+crying.gif

And on that note here's a quick update:
    1 38839.34 34432.42 London 2012 London 2012 Organising Committee
    2 35998.78 32516.78 Team SCR Silly Commuter Racers
    3 33673.3 29123.3 UBS Cycling Club UBS Cycling Club
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • RJLJ
    RJLJ Posts: 27
    Tried my best, but as a result of this challenge, am fitter, leaner, stronger and tanned, tanned and have really enjoyed it. Not ride for a few days just to give my legs a break.

Looking forward to the next challenge.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Now it's all over and I can't log my miles any more can somebody remind me what my purpose is in life please.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    prj45 wrote:
    Now it's all over and I can't log my miles any more can somebody remind me what my purpose is in life please.

This is
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Hurrah, we won our group.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • richred_uk
    richred_uk Posts: 167
    What happened to UBS - couldn't see them anywhere - did they go back up to 100+ members and finish outside the top 3?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    richred_uk wrote:
    What happened to UBS - couldn't see them anywhere - did they go back up to 100+ members and finish outside the top 3?

Yup, 101 members. Shame.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    good work people
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Bassjunkieuk
    YAY!!!!

Bl00dy work meant I completely forgot about this :-)

Have yet to hear from TFL regarding prizes so will post back when I do!

I do however want to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone, you've done us proud and shown those LFGSS guys a lesson or two :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Well done us! Had a sneaking feeling that (though it wasn't really made clear in the league tables during June) they were going to separate workplace & social. And they did. Quite right too.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Bassjunkieuk
    For those of you who haven't visited the site yet here's how our "group" ended up:
    51 – 100 (Social Groups)
    Team name 	Points
    Team SCR 	36270.54
    LFGSS 	30612.54
    London Cyclist 	24531.06

A firm thumping with a 6K point lead :-) More satisfying (and somewhat annoying) is that we (us and LFGSS) would have still come in the same positions had we been in the 100+ social groups category! Rather amusing and it does show that the "hole" in the group sizes is still present as London Cyclists appear third in our group and top of the 100+ group, presumably having exactly 100 members!

Also no sign of UBS :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719

Any news from TfL yet?
  • Bassjunkieuk
    owenlars wrote:

Any news from TfL yet?

I mailed the challenge support address last night, no response yet
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Just to keep you all in the loop, as I haven't received a response from TFL since my e-mail in the last post I've had a look on the site......

In the T&C's it clearly states that all winning teams will be notified VIA E-MAIL by 5th July. I've gone back over my e-mail as I'm sure I wouldn't have deleted it and even checked my spam box (just in case Google had a bit of an e-fart.....) and can't see hide nor hair of a "Congratulations you've won XXXXX" e-mail since the end of the challenge.

Not quite sure why they'd notify the teams by the 5th then leave it until the 9th to announce results as I'm sure we could still log miles up until the 5th or so......

I've now sent them another e-mail, mentioning that it states we should hear back by the 5th and that it's now 10 days since that day and coming up for a week since the results announcement on the website. As it stands *IF* I'm understanding the cluster-fu(k of results on the challenge page we won the 51-100 social group catergory which should see us in line for a £350 leisure experience voucher! Now obviously I'd quite like to get this confirmed so I can start another thread to vote on what we'll do :-)

Annoyingly they don't appear to have a telephone number for the challenge but if I don't get a response by early next week I think I'll just phone a general enquiry number as it's getting a bit silly now!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Just a quick update for those that haven't seen the new victory thread, please click here

At present those that have chipped in have said they'd like the voucher to go to a charitable cause as there most likely isn't much we could do with the voucher for the "entire" group and given that some are based in "outer" London they wouldn't really be able to enjoy it despite contributing mileage towards the win :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Just a quick one so everyone who was watching this thread gets a note!
    If you return to the forum and have a look for the OTHER TFL thread (probably linked above) to vote on which charity(ies) gets the voucher.

Voting will end late this evening and I'll announce the winner tomorrow morning :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5