TFL Cycle Challenge - Team SCR??

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    itboffin wrote:
    @CP WTF??? surely you're not going on holiday?

yes indeed, I'm ahead of my targets.. I'm going to a field in france to listen to lots of nasty music it's going to be great. I've then got a couple of days in a small village near Camembert where I might try and hire a bike for some pootling or I might just see how much wine and cheese my body can take
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Clever Pun wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    I might just see how much wine and cheese my body can take

The only reason I cycle is so that I can live out my dream of existing solely on strong cheese and full bodied reds without gout.

Will be taking the bike to France for a week in September, but I doubt I'll use it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Back on the bike today, hurrah!

And if people haven't added miles, just cull them. They can always re-add themselves.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Clever Pun wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

yes indeed, I'm ahead of my targets.. I'm going to a field in france to listen to lots of nasty music it's going to be great. I've then got a couple of days in a small village near Camembert where I might try and hire a bike for some pootling or I might just see how much wine and cheese my body can take

Nasty? Naaaaaah. Plenty of great stuff on that bill (I'm a little jealous, even with this show tonight...).
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Watain cover themselves in rancid pigs blood and/or dead mice

that's pretty nasty :lol:

Stone Temple Pilots tonight? bit annoyed at missing that
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Was posted at my most local site today so the commute was a measly 2.5 miles :-(
    Wifey was taking the kids to a friends house so I took a slightly more fun route back to there (as I've lost my front door key!) which tripled my morning mileage.

I then finished off with a crack at Spa Hill (seemed remarkably easy after the Magnificat!!) and then dispensed some Power Awesome down Grange Road, destroying a car in the process!

Managed to eek it out to 12 miles for the day but I'm back in London rest of the week so that's another 25 or so each day :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    another 29miles today. lovely 25 after work but my god the wind in north london is ridiculous. if it doesnt calm down i wont be going out again tomorrow night
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Despite the abuse in another thread, still logging my miles Captain :)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Despite the abuse in another thread, still logging my miles Captain :)

I was going to comment about your mile count coming up short but your medal is the same colour as mine and dare I say it you might pass me if I don't MTFU. You going to be the security and bag the best bench and railings outside the pub when we're doing Richmond Park?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • stuaff
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Watain cover themselves in rancid pigs blood and/or dead mice

that's pretty nasty :lol:

Stone Temple Pilots tonight? bit annoyed at missing that

Not quite (fond memories of STP at Reading '93, remember Scott dancing in Stephen Fry 'dancercise' style). The Big Four in Warsaw (they should have been in the UK somewhere, but hey....) Absolutely brilliant sets from all of 'em.
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    spasypaddy wrote:
    another 29miles today. lovely 25 after work but my god the wind in north london is ridiculous. if it doesnt calm down i wont be going out again tomorrow night

Yeah, it's been proper hard going the past week.
    Legs were really feeling it last night, I'd quite like the wind to die down, please.
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    Aidy wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

Yeah, it's been proper hard going the past week.
    Legs were really feeling it last night, I'd quite like the wind to die down, please.

Absolutely. The final stretch for me between the Tally Ho and the bottom of Barnet Hill has been murder this week.
  • asprilla
    UBS have build a points lead, but they are now up to 98 members. Does anyone have any mates who will be able to do 20 miles in and around London in the next two weeks? Those 50 point bonuses would come in handy right now.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    Sorry people - I'd have loved to have done a decent 150 miles this week but since I've a trapped nerve in my neck/back i'm off games for the foreseeable.

Tis rubbish.

Happy to be removed from the team if someone fitter/healthier would like to take my space.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Sorry people - I'd have loved to have done a decent 150 miles this week but since I've a trapped nerve in my neck/back i'm off games for the foreseeable.

Tis rubbish.

Happy to be removed from the team if someone fitter/healthier would like to take my space.

Nothing to be sorry about! Your miles still count, and even with being off the bike, you've still contributed more than half the team so far! Get well soon!
  • Bassjunkieuk

Tis rubbish.

No need to be removed, we're still plenty below being promoted and still have a good lead over 3rd place :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • andyb78
    andyb78 Posts: 156
    Hurrah! Am now an "Elite Rider". Prob. the only time I willl ever have that moniker....

Quick 20 miles at lunchtime today, but after tomorrow morning off til Monday :( any news on the non-loggers yet?
    Road bike FCN 6

Hardtail Commuter FCN 11 (Apparently, but that may be due to the new beard...)
  • asprilla
    More than half the team members are now elite. Brings a tear to the eye....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Asprilla wrote:

I'll be there next monday :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Asprilla wrote:
    I wonder how the levels were set. Obviously for most of the hard-core commuting fraternity the elite badge wasn't/isn't too hard to attain. I'd guess it's about motivating the occasional or newbie cycle commuters... where is the 'awesome' badge, eh?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I am unable to cope with the emotional stress of coming anything other than 1st

mods I need more emoticons to express my fear, anger and loathing
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    itboffin wrote:
    I am unable to cope with the emotional stress of coming anything other than 1st

I hear no fat lady singing. A bit of recruitment, some London - Paris miles and a number of others who, according to their Silly Commuter Stats, are waiting to 'drop the bomb' and victory will ours in that 23.59 heartbrakingly last minute way.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    I've got a few regular commuters I might be able to rope into joining, I'll see who I can find
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • lost_in_thought

Tis rubbish.

Oh no! Disastrous! You poor thing. :cry:
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Sorry you are poorly Livvy. Wish you better.

On other news, I've got my Elite badge :D:D . That'll be the only time I reckon.
  • stuaff

Tis rubbish.

Oh no! Disastrous! You poor thing. :cry:

+1. Ouch, get well soon.

In other news, having returned from my nice loud holiday, will be back on the bike tomorrow. Should be another 30-odd miles tomorrow, 80 or so Saturday, another 15 or thereabouts on Sunday.....
  • lost_in_thought
    Has anyone else spotted that UBS have (as I believe I predicted) ducked it up and gone up a league? Thereby leaving us to sail home in the 51-100 category?

Just call me Nostradamus.... :D
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    :D Must have just happened. I looked about 45mins ago and they were on 100.

mwa-ha-ha-ha
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Was thinking the same as I was pedalling the few miles I added to our outright lead. What happens if UBS gain another 2-3 riders? Guess it means we can pootle now :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Has anyone else spotted that UBS have (as I believe I predicted) ducked it up and gone up a league? Thereby leaving us to sail home in the 51-100 category?

Just call me Nostradamus.... :D

Ha! Their at 101 members and 8th (I believe) in the 100+ league, what a monumental c0ck-up :-) I wonder if they operate on the approval system like we do or it they just let people sign up - I'd assume the later as they really can't contest in the 100+ group with the top guys in there having over 300 members!!!!

Anyhow BACK ON TOP :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5