TFL Cycle Challenge - Team SCR??

Comments

• gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    I've whacked on some miles. It's been a bad month for me cycle wise. Had quite a few days off the bike.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Another 12.5 this morning (I'll log it with the day's total later). Aiming for another 30 or so on the way home. :D
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    10.5 logged for this morning. I'll extend the run home and add a few more later
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    May "have" to work up in London tomorrow so that'll be about 25 miles to close the month off.......wonder if I could persuade the wife I need to go do a RP3LC tomorrow evening ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Crikey. We've been averaging just under 1000 miles/day. Anyone reckon we'll make 30000 miles in June?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    Bloody hell, and an average of 395 miles/rider (which makes me feel bad as I am just below that).

I am hoping for 400 miles in the month, but it seems I need to MTFU.

EDIT: I am in idiot, I am hoping for 500 miles :-) I have done 457
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    UBS are down to 99 members, and now in just the one category
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I'm going out for a cycle tomorrow lunch to nail on a few last minute miles and notch 700 for the month even with a week off
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    I'm gonna extend my journey home this evening and go for a 6am 20-odd miler before breakfast tomorrow.

Call it a bit of last-minute 'revision' in advance of the Marmotte. :D
  • El Capitano
    WesternWay wrote:
    Bloody hell, and an average of 395 miles/rider (which makes me feel bad as I am just below that).

I am hoping for 400 miles in the month, but it seems I need to MTFU.

EDIT: I am in idiot, I am hoping for 500 miles :-) I have done 457

I should be around the 430 mark by the end of the day. It's a pity I hadn't seen this earlier as I know there's been a couple of days where I didn't ride but could have. :(
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Swings and bleeding roundabouts!!!
    1 32018.31 28478.31 London 2012 London 2012 Organising Committee
    2 31633.93 28301.93 Team SCR Silly Commuter Racers
    3 31525.71 27124.71 UBS Cycling Club UBS Cycling Club

It's all heating up in the closing stages :-) Feck knows how they did it, I think it's mileage dumping as they seem to leap a few K every few days!!!!

On the bright side at least UBS are trailing 2 teams with fewer members then them :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • El Capitano
    40.04 logged for today. Total of 441.98 for June. That's me done for this month.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    I think we're fighting for second, alas.....Ho hum, will extend my morning ride a bit tomorrow. No slacking, guys & gals....!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Bassjunkieuk
    StuAff wrote:
    I think we're fighting for second, alas.....Ho hum, will extend my morning ride a bit tomorrow. No slacking, guys & gals....!

Annoyingly I may have to agree.......London 2012 suddenly have a massive lead :evil:

Here's how it stands at present:
    1 35315.76 31501.76 London 2012 London 2012 Organising Committee
    2 32524.42 28023.42 UBS Cycling Club UBS Cycling Club
    3 32386.36 29054.36 Team SCR Silly Commuter Racers

I somehow doubt we are going to be able to get 3000+ in a s single day unless everyone fancies a LEJOG ride? Having said that they are almost 3000 points up on their last score I posted at 15:26 yesterday.......

EDIT: just did a quick bit of math, the difference is only 42 miles each for person, slightly higher if we take into account the 4 people who haven't logged any miles all month!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Gah. We're now in 3rd. Damn it all.
  • andyb78
    andyb78 Posts: 156
    Grrr.. can't log miles. :x Think there is a last minute rush? Got Saturday and Sundays to put on, and I put a 10 mile loop on the commute this morning too..
    Road bike FCN 6

Hardtail Commuter FCN 11 (Apparently, but that may be due to the new beard...)
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    It's not very clear when the TfL site will close for logging miles, but they do say "You can log miles from the 1 June until 30 June" and "you can log your miles at anytime in June" - so it might be wise to make sure we get everything logged before midnight tonight!
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Ian.B wrote:
    It's not very clear when the TfL site will close for logging miles, but they do say "You can log miles from the 1 June until 30 June" and "you can log your miles at anytime in June" - so it might be wise to make sure we get everything logged before midnight tonight!

I'd hope it's until midnight tonight........otherwise it's not "anytime in June"

Mind you we couldn't start logging miles until about 15:30 on the 1st!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Maybe it's the cynic in me, but I can't help but wonder at the sudden increase in mileage from 2 other teams.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • ketsbaia
    I just logged my miles - it does take some perseverance, though.

There's no way we're gonna win, though. 2012 organising committee have been cycling a lot this month *cough*.

Not happy with the skewed points system either. Any system where fewer miles can still equal more points is just wrong.
  • leehellcat
    leehellcat Posts: 37
    Just logged my final miles for the month, 83 miles today. Shame Saturday isnt in June as I'm planning a nice century ride for the morning.... :(
  • Bassjunkieuk
    ketsbaia wrote:
    I just logged my miles - it does take some perseverance, though.

There's no way we're gonna win, though. 2012 organising committee have been cycling a lot this month *cough*.

Not happy with the skewed points system either. Any system where fewer miles can still equal more points is just wrong.

Yeah the scoring system is a PITA and the site does appear to be buckling under the final day pressure as I saw several "too many connections" errors as I was checking in.....

Good work there leehellcat :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    added the likely days total in case... apologies for being quite so shite this month.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • So, have we decided whether it has to be London or not? I've done 622 miles this month, could Scotland count as Greater London? Looks as though calling in reinforcements may just be your only hope.
  • ketsbaia
    So, have we decided whether it has to be London or not? I've done 622 miles this month, could Scotland count as Greater London? Looks as though calling in reinforcements may just be your only hope.

Log 'em, Danno.
    :lol:
  • Bassjunkieuk
    So, have we decided whether it has to be London or not? I've done 622 miles this month, could Scotland count as Greater London? Looks as though calling in reinforcements may just be your only hope.

Do you have any connections to London, study or work related? New member miles do count slightly more due to the initial bonus.....

Having checked the T&C it does specify work, live or study London but I'm not sure how they verify that......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778

it'll be as valid as the 2012 imaginary miles :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Clever Pun wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: Now now......maybe's it mechanical doping - their logging miles done in cars ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    I think because we seriously whalloped the hornets nest that all three of us have sailed so close to the wire it might as not be there. UBS for their 99 culling team members and 2012 for likely similar reasons should be docked massive points for removing members to get under the 100 limit - massively bad sportsmanship. We could likely dock enough to get under 50 but we wouldn't. Scotland is pushing the greater london area in a most amusing manner but we're merely playing by the same rules as those ahead of us so would get a warning from the police while they fine 1st place. If of course we get into 1st place - we would then be under greater scrutiny... and wow betide them having access to this thread :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clever Pun wrote:

I got hammered on expenses in London with work, surely that counts? :lol: