TFL Cycle Challenge - Team SCR??

Comments

• El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Is this just a London thing or can anyone join the team?
    I have just sent them both an e-mail from the Invite People section on the challenge page.

If the answer to my question above lets me join (bearing in mind pretty much all of my miles will be from South Wales), then please send me an invite... :D

Someone has said that you needed to have a connection to London to sign up, such as living/working/studying in the capital but we have members on the team from Portsmouth and Derby so unless TFL go over team membership with a fine tooth comb.........

You can sign up using the top link in my sig :-)

Signed up. Has anyone posted this in the Catcher of Crud (where I normally hang out)? There's a few on there who commute who might join the cause.
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    Clever Pun wrote:
    WesternWay wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    We were miles ahead of them, I go on holiday and no one takes up the slack

Shameful effort

Are you back?

If so, get logging.
    If not, cycle home and log when you get here

logged my 16 and a bit miles of pain this morning another 20 or so this evening

:-)
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    So I may be able to help if I update SCS - forgive me for not reading up on this but is it commuting miles only?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Canny Jock wrote:
    So I may be able to help if I update SCS - forgive me for not reading up on this but is it commuting miles only?

it's all miles in June
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Is this just a London thing or can anyone join the team?
    I have just sent them both an e-mail from the Invite People section on the challenge page.

If the answer to my question above lets me join (bearing in mind pretty much all of my miles will be from South Wales), then please send me an invite... :D

Someone has said that you needed to have a connection to London to sign up, such as living/working/studying in the capital but we have members on the team from Portsmouth and Derby so unless TFL go over team membership with a fine tooth comb.........

You can sign up using the top link in my sig :-)

Signed up. Has anyone posted this in the Catcher of Crud (where I normally hang out)? There's a few on there who commute who might join the cause.

Feel free to point them in our direction! It would be immensely satisfying to swipe victory from underneath those devious UBS riders in the closing week.......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Norky
    Norky Posts: 276

...keeping my head down (literally and figuratively)
    The above is a post in a forum on the Intertubes, and should be taken with the appropriate amount of seriousness.
  • El Capitano
    267.46 miles = 317.46 points uploaded. :D
    "El wrote:
    Has anyone posted this in the Catcher of Crud (where I normally hang out)? There's a few on there who commute who might join the cause.

Feel free to point them in our direction! It would be immensely satisfying to swipe victory from underneath those devious UBS riders in the closing week.......
    [/quote]

I shall post a thread linking them to this one. :D
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    right thats 47.97 miles added today and same again tomorrow. I will try and get out at the weekend for you all too.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I found I hadn't logged 16.9 miles from before my holiday... extra miles!!

"Had" to cycle a little extra last night after ragging myself on the way home as well as a cool down
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Canny Jock wrote:

it's all miles in June

Cool, let me try and sort it out then. Did London-Brighton-Dorking last Sunday which was 116 miles, plus an average weekly commute of about 75 miles minus a few days.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Canny Jock wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Canny Jock wrote:

it's all miles in June

Cool, let me try and sort it out then. Did London-Brighton-Dorking last Sunday which was 116 miles, plus an average weekly commute of about 75 miles minus a few days.

Wicked! It all helps :-)

Here's the current standings:
    1 27761.34 23260.34 UBS Cycling Club UBS Cycling Club
    2 26375.15 23193.15 Team SCR Silly Commuter Racers
    3 23460.46 20470.46 London 2012 London 2012 Organising Committee

Not quite sure when the London 2012 team moved up but they have planted themselves between us and LFGSS :-)

As you can see UBS now have a small mileage lead but still have a massive points lead :-(
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    Am I being thick? When I look at the Leaderboard there are two different leagues; one for Workplace and one for Social Groups. We appear in the Social Groups one, which we are winning and UBS appear in the Workplace one which they are winning. The two don't seem to be related to me.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    owenlars wrote:
    Am I being thick? When I look at the Leaderboard there are two different leagues; one for Workplace and one for Social Groups. We appear in the Social Groups one, which we are winning and UBS appear in the Workplace one which they are winning. The two don't seem to be related to me.

I don't think there are separate prizes for each sub-group within the categories (unfortunately!) - if you look on the homepage and then you see the leaderboard..........

OH SH!T!!!

London 2012 have jumped ahead of us on the leaderboard..........74 members to our 68 :-(

EDIT: They are showing up over 3K extra miles since my last post:
    2 27079.46 23889.46 London 2012 Balf London 2012 Organising Committee

:evil:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    My money is on London 2012 winning the group for a bit of free publicity :wink:

I won't say it, but my thoughts on all this as there for all to see on the first couple of pages.
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • richred_uk
    richred_uk Posts: 167
    London 2012 have some miles logged for next week :shock: They've only gone and got a time machine!!!
  • El Capitano
    I envissage my GPS throwing a hissy fit on the way home and taking me on a 20 mile or so detour.

I also envissage leaving something extremely important at the office, so I'll have to ride into work first thing tomorrow morning.

I can also see a scenario where I'll not be 100% convinced I locked the office up safely on Saturday, and will again have to ride to work on Sunday morning just to put my mind at rest...

I don't need the cakemobile for Monday or Tuesday, so I can safely say there's another 140 or so miles from me here.

Pitty I need the car for Wednesday. No way I can get out of it. Unless of course, I ride to work, ride home again, then take the car to work...
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    We need about twenty new members!
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    Count me in. I was leading a work group.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    navt wrote:
    Count me in. I was leading a work group.

Done :-) And does that mean you've defected to us?
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Norky
    Norky Posts: 276
    I envissage my GPS throwing a hissy fit on the way home and taking me on a 20 mile or so detour.

I also envissage leaving something extremely important at the office, so I'll have to ride into work first thing tomorrow morning.

I can also see a scenario where I'll not be 100% convinced I locked the office up safely on Saturday, and will again have to ride to work on Sunday morning just to put my mind at rest...

You do realise that all miles cycled in June count, not just commuting miles, right?
    You can log miles from the 1 June until 30 June...Miles can also be logged for any leisure trips
    So you don't have to ride to the office to get the mileage up.
    The above is a post in a forum on the Intertubes, and should be taken with the appropriate amount of seriousness.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    I'll be getting to add at least 3 miles onto my commute this evening and I've gone and got myself a Geocaching app for new spangly new 'droid phone so may just try and find a few of those in the vicinity of East Croydon........

Some of those London 2010 lot have logged over 1K miles already this month :-(
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • El Capitano
    Norky wrote:

You do realise that all miles cycled in June count, not just commuting miles, right?
    You can log miles from the 1 June until 30 June...Miles can also be logged for any leisure trips
    So you don't have to ride to the office to get the mileage up.

I know... :wink:

33.6 uploaded for today's commute.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Back in second place now! Well done everyone - sterling effort :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Well, got back in this morning from nipping out in the car and realised I had forgotten the recycling. Damn.

Some packing and bungee cords, and here we have

scaled_recycling_wagon.jpg

Yep, both panniers are full, too. It's enough to make a man switch to wine, I tells ya.

Ok, it's only 13 miles, but every little helps right?
    Did make me laugh catching up with a tractor going uphill loaded like that.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Doing my bit: 100 miles, just about, in the last 24 hours. 5 mile commute, from home to station- 1 and a bit, Waterloo to HPC- 2 miles, HPC to Felpham (Bognor Regis)- 69 miles, and then home (24.5). And once it's cooled down a bit & Valencia qualifying finished, I'll nip out again. Small shopping errand for which I have naturally volunteered, I want to pop out to my nearest Specialized dealer (competition they're running at the moment)- which happens to be 7.5 miles away, I should be doing 20-odd miles tomorrow, at least...
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • conanius
    conanius Posts: 23
    Just signed up as conanius, appreciate an approval ;) (Cycling 26 miles a day, 13 each way, so get me in there ;) )
  • El Capitano
    Hmm, I left my ego in the office last night, so had to ride in to Cardiff very early this morning to collect it. (22.8 miles). I need to test my Lumicycle LED lamps out this evening, so that will probably be around 50 total for the day. As I've also been fettling the XTC, NRS and Focus, I'll need to test ride each of them for a while tomorrow... :D
  • Bassjunkieuk
    conanius wrote:
    Just signed up as conanius, appreciate an approval ;) (Cycling 26 miles a day, 13 each way, so get me in there ;) )

All approved! Make sure you back date the mileage :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    60 miles logged Boss. Would like to get out tomorrow during The Game but depends on recovery after today's longest ride :)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    This means I'll have to MTFU tomorrow. CW's logged more miles than me :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.