TFL Cycle Challenge - Team SCR??

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Funnily enough the KW member who gave Chris and me a lift to the Magnificat yesterday is on the UBS team. They have a fair amount of chat as to whether all our team members are eligible...

136miles logged for yesterday. Today's commute was a bit pootly
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    JonGinge wrote:
    Funnily enough the KW member who gave Chris and me a lift to the Magnificat yesterday is on the UBS team. They have a fair amount of chat as to whether all our team members are eligible...

/Tumbleweed....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Asprilla wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

/Tumbleweed....

Yeah, quite.

Consider my neck duly wound in. :D
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Eligible? Pish. We're more eligible than they are, we're getting the miles in. :D

And I will be riding in London this week. OK, only between Waterloo & Kings Cross (up to York for the weekend).....but it's still London miles.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Magnificat and other bits and bobs logged.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    JonGinge wrote:

This is cynical I know, but I find it slightly hard to believe that UBS is able to rack up an average of 120 miles per person. A collective of cyclists from a cycling forum, yes. A collective of bankers from one company, hmmm? The other large organisations are nowhere near that average!

YACF are showing us up BTW. Their average per person is over 20 miles more than us:

YACF 212.9
    Team SCR 190.4
    LGFSS 144.9
    UBS 120.2
    Citi Cycling 92.7
    Met Police 84
    BBC 71.8
  • asprilla
    kelsen wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

This is cynical I know, but I find it slightly hard to believe that UBS is able to rack up an average of 120 miles per person. A collective of cyclists from a cycling forum, yes. A collective of bankers from one company, hmmm? The other large organisations are nowhere near that average!

It is an actual cycle club you know? The do cycling in sportives and everything.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • jonginge
    Asprilla wrote:
    kelsen wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

It is an actual cycle club you know? The do cycling in sportives and everything.
    Tis true. it's not just a name made up for the challenge. They're pretty serious about it, too
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • kelsen
    JonGinge wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    kelsen wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Tis true. it's not just a name made up for the challenge. They're pretty serious about it, too

Ah okay! Fair enough. Then the sweeter the victory!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    On the homepage it says the groups with the most miles wins yet were in 2nd at the mo with 700+ more miles but less points. :?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • RJLJ
    RJLJ Posts: 27
    redvee wrote:
    On the homepage it says the groups with the most miles wins yet were in 2nd at the mo with 700+ more miles but less points. :?

Also if one were to log in, breaks it down even further to reflect social and then workplace. SCR is social but UBS is workplace.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Joined and added 150 miles
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Just got my elite badge (200+ miles) :) and I am 26th in the table. :?

Tough school this :roll: :twisted:
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    What's that "CO2 saved" bobbins?

How is it calculated? "CO2 saved" versus what? Travelling by kitten-fired Hummer?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    kelsen wrote:

YACF are showing us up BTW. Their average per person is over 20 miles more than us:

YACF 212.9
    Team SCR 190.4
    LGFSS 144.9
    UBS 120.2
    Citi Cycling 92.7
    Met Police 84
    BBC 71.8

What about if you take the 6 people off who haven't logged any miles yet
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • kelsen
    Clever Pun wrote:
    kelsen wrote:

YACF 212.9
    Team SCR 190.4
    LGFSS 144.9
    UBS 120.2
    Citi Cycling 92.7
    Met Police 84
    BBC 71.8

Then that would take us up to an average of 221.8

But YACF are now up to 231.4, and that's based on all their members logging miles!
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    778.66 miles logged and more to come, shame I'm with my work team and not team SCR :wink:
  • jonginge
    iPete wrote:
    778.66 miles logged and more to come, shame I'm with my work team and not team SCR :wink:
    ipete the apostate! Burn him
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    elite badger gained. i shall be putting in some extra miles this week as my legs have finally recovered. probably 20-25 tonight, tomorrow and thursday.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Clever Pun wrote:

I shall be contacting those people again and if no miles are logged then I think they'll need removing!
    Will get onto that this evening......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Elite badge for me too :)

Not bad for 6 days commuting...
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Champion badge for me today, if I commute for all of whats left of this week and then go fir a ride with Kingston Wheelers on Sunday I might make the Elite before next Monday!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    What constitutes Eliteness or Championess?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • asprilla
    Rolf F wrote:

Generally your DNA.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    If you have to ask ... :roll: :P
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    Asprilla wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Generally your DNA.

I think the way my mum and dad guided me through early years had quite a big part to play, but I guess you are right, I have always been ace.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    will be adding on 20 or so miles tonight then I'm off the bike for a week... boo
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    @CP WTF??? surely you're not going on holiday?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Preparing to break his ears I think boffo :)

17 for yesterday then me off till sunday. Nice healthy 115 + though for the stats. should jump an entire badge :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Clever Pun wrote:

I shall be contacting those people again and if no miles are logged then I think they'll need removing!
    Will get onto that this evening......

No advantage to removing them, just encourage them to log their miles - if they only logged 10 miles each we'd more than make up the points deficit.