2009 Marin Team Issue Race Redux (Page 16)

Comments

• njee20 wrote:
    I merely suggested that his scales weren't accurate,

Totally possible scenario. All depends what scales they were and what weight they are rated to etc etc.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Of course it is, and I don't for a second doubt that he's weighed it at 18lbs whatever, as I've said, repeatedly!

He'd only be a liar if he'd never weighed the bike, and then came on shouting about how much it weighed! No idea why I'm justifying myself. We should go for a ride, I'll weigh it, then he can thrash me up hill and down dale and I'll be quiet!
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Pudseyp wrote:
    What's all the hang up about weight ??? take Jessica Simpson..her weight fluctuates all the time....but I would knob her fat or thin.. :o

well said :lol:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    andy46 wrote:
    Pudseyp wrote:
    What's all the hang up about weight ??? take Jessica Simpson..her weight fluctuates all the time....but I would knob her fat or thin.. :o

well said :lol:
    the point is . he has set out to build a superlight bike and has suceeded so weight is a massive factor. if weight didnt matter then he would have stuck an xt cassette on and x9 gear instead of x0.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    pastey_boy wrote:
    I'm a knob, who's jealous of others having nice things. Only I should have nice things, because I'm special.
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy wrote:
    I'm a knob, who's jealous of others having nice things. Only I should have nice things, because I'm special.
    not sure what ive done to warrant your delightful comment ?
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Anonymous
    I guess I'm just jealous of your charming demeanour.
  • pastey_boy
    I guess I'm just jealous of your charming demeanour.
    so thats your explanation :?
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Anonymous
    yes, and I'm sticking to it.
  • I guess I'm just jealous of your charming demeanour.

:lol:
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    On the Whiskey, Yeehaa? :wink:

Either way, TBC has made an amazing bike, to what spec HE wanted, he's weighed it, that's good enough for me.
  • Anonymous
    whiskey? Nah, this is normal for me.

CWNT, that's genius :lol:
  • pastey_boy
    if your going to call someone a knob then please give me an explanation? you seem to be the jealous one when looking back through this thread. you slag a top of the range trek off because the owner dared to speak his mind. if you believe someone to be wrong do you offer to correct them or let a bunch of argument mongers reinforce the error until everyone is convinced that wrong is right ????
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • :wink:

Nice bike by the way fromage.

How much does it weigh?
  • Anonymous
    :wink:

Nice bike by the way fromage.

How much does it weigh?

about 23 lbs?

only joking cheesey, thats ace looking. no way it will win BOTY when its up against the GT RE. :lol:
  • Anonymous
    pastey_boy wrote:
    if your going to call someone a knob then please give me an explanation? you seem to be the jealous one when looking back through this thread. you slag a top of the range trek off because the owner dared to speak his mind. if you believe someone to be wrong do you offer to correct them or let a bunch of argument mongers reinforce the error until everyone is convinced that wrong is right ????
    You asking?
    Right.
    What the fark did your link have to do with the thread starter's bike?
    You've obviously taken issue with his claimed weight, otherwise you would not have posted what you had.
    YOU are resurrecting a dead thread, for the sake of casting more doubts on this guy's bike.
    WHY?
    Presumably because you are knob who is jealous of his bike.

Is that a concise enough answer for you?
  • pastey_boy
    if you can read, look back on this thread i have made many positive comments about this bike, so not the actions of a jealous man. and im not casting any doubts on his frame/bike, i as others have done am simply putting his claimed weight into perspective. if i put a pic of my speedo up on here claiming id hit 135mph on my bike im very sure i would be quickly corrected, but with your mentality i would instead get a few mates to to back me up thus giving me the impression im correct. if you makes claims that people do not agree with then it will always raise questions. this is not a bad thing. its human nature.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Everyone take it easy... 8)

It is what it is, a bike, albeit one that a lot of effort has gone into.

If you don't believe it weighs what I said, forget about it, I really couldn't be bothered with this anymore.

I hope you enjoy my build, as much as I do.

Let it rest now, its my bike, there are no others like it, this is my bike...... :lol:

Did I mention my BFe weighs about 37lb.... guess what?

I don't care ;)
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    njee20 wrote:
    No one's called him a liar, least of all me, I merely suggested that his scales weren't accurate, but then it's just as possible those that weighed Dave Wiens bike over weighed it. I've said several times that it's a nice bike, just not a particularly light one!

But are we really going to have this argument again!?

You really are a boring man.
  • njee20
    You really are a boring man.

Why do you say that? Of all the posts you could've chosen to exhibit my boringness that strikes me as a pretty poor one! I've never claimed to be exciting, I'm happy with being boring.
  • I do love that frame, nearly as much as those sids, couldn't find any in blue =(
  • njee20
    You didn't look very hard did you!

1st page of Google.

And again

They're both in the first 5 results if you search for "2009 SID World Cup"
  • Ohhhh never thought to check 2009 only looked at k10 models :roll:
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    For Fooks sake, stop your bickering your all adults (I presume) and it's like big brother with all this childish tit for tat...who really giives a shit about what it weighs or what people proclaim it to be...grow up get a life and fooking jog on..
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • pastey_boy wrote:
    if you can read, look back on this thread i have made many positive comments about this bike, so not the actions of a jealous man. and im not casting any doubts on his frame/bike, i as others have done am simply putting his claimed weight into perspective. if i put a pic of my speedo up on here claiming id hit 135mph on my bike im very sure i would be quickly corrected, but with your mentality i would instead get a few mates to to back me up thus giving me the impression im correct. if you makes claims that people do not agree with then it will always raise questions. this is not a bad thing. its human nature.

TBH you are wrong to question a internet god with over 11k of posts on here and a inability to use a maxle :shock: :shock: FLOL
  • Anonymous
    Pudseyp wrote:
    tit

id like to have a go on that.
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Pudseyp wrote:
    tit

id like to have a go on that.

The tash may tickle...bring Joey Barton..what a threesome..
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Anonymous
    pastey_boy wrote:

TBH you are wrong to question a internet god with over 11k of posts on here and a inability to use a maxle :shock: :shock: FLOL
    You trying to start something?
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    pastey_boy wrote:

You trying to start something?

fistycuffs.jpg