Brizzle Social Club

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Job interview this afternoon - so, if I make it, I will be in the car.....May come down with Wilma, Junior and wife too!
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Looks like I'll be having a quick dinner so shouldn't be too late....

I'll be at Duke/Trow from 7pm unless anyone says different. If I see nobody there, I'll head to the Naval Volly :)
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    sarajoy wrote:
    I'll be at Duke/Trow from 7pm unless anyone says different. If I see nobody there, I'll head to the Naval Volly :)
    Should be at the same place (round about the same time.

Mike
  • risi
    risi Posts: 231
    Anybody still here? Looks like I will be able to come along for an hour or so.
    I'll have my retro Renault-Elf-Gitane top on if anybody sees me looking lost.
    Specialized Allez
    Trek 6500
  • sarajoy
    Sweet come along!

I'll be in Mufti as I'm cheating again, but Mudcovered Mike tends to be in full length long black lycra.... ;)
  • sarajoy
    Bastards wanted to race me home up Park St. Got halfway and tanked it into granny ring and granny gear and they all sped past of course!

<excuses> I haven't commuted to work for over 6 weeks since being knocked off, also I did my first (albeit short) run on Monday and my legs are still aching from that, so I'm not surprised, mind. </excuses>

Still. Bastards. Pant pant pant.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The provisional result from the Col de Park Street two pint challenge are as follows

1. Mudcovered (CX bike)
    2. Redvee (SS Bike)
    3. Waddie (MTB)
    4. Sarajoy (Hybrid)

These results are provisional subject to the usual alcohal tests, if you haven't had enough then you wouldn't have taken part :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    I was panting like a bastard by the time I got to the top of Park St, took most of Whiteladies to recover and then kicked my own ass up Blackboy Hill.

Thanks for the lend of the light SJ, wouldn't have fancied that without any illumination. I'll return it (along with your scalp... :)) next time we all meet.

Next stop Dolphin, then?
    Rules are for fools.
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    Ah, missed taking all of your scalps! boo..

I made it back about 2215, very nice riding, only saw about 5 cars..
  • sarajoy
    I think my being totally scalped has far more to do with my level of cycle fitness than my bike, to be fair! :P
  • mudcovered
    sarajoy wrote:
    I think my being totally scalped has far more to do with my level of cycle fitness than my bike, to be fair! :P

:) That was a fun extra ride although I did break a spoke at some point early in the ride home. :( I rode all the way back to Bath with the back brake disconnected.

Still the n+1 rule did give me an alternate bike to ride to work this morning and I should have time to get a new spoke in tonight. For some reason it didn't seem like an after the pub job. :lol:

My discovery today. I can ride my MTB as fast as my CX bike but it takes a LOT more effort. :oops:

Mike
  • mudcovered
    redvee wrote:
    The provisional result from the Col de Park Street two pint challenge are as follows

1. Mudcovered (CX bike)
    2. Redvee (SS Bike)
    3. Waddie (MTB)
    4. Sarajoy (Hybrid)

These results are provisional subject to the usual alcohal tests, if you haven't had enough then you wouldn't have taken part :lol:

:). I'll have to let the bike claim some of that result. Being able to choose gear ratios was definitely the only reason I caught you at the end and I would have said you and I were pretty much a dead heat. I didn't expect to be that quick TBH I get blown away by roadies on climbs around Bath all the time. :shock:

Mike
  • risi
    risi Posts: 231
    Nice to meet you all (finally) last night - if only briefly.

I was home just after 9 & even took a couple of people on bikes through Long Ashton. On my normal route (down the A38) I never see anyone, so it was a nice change.
    Started to feel a bit light headed towards the end, but a couple of pints with no lunch or dinner might have been the explanation!
    Specialized Allez
    Trek 6500
  • mudcovered
    risi wrote:
    Nice to meet you all (finally) last night - if only briefly.

Started to feel a bit light headed towards the end, but a couple of pints with no lunch or dinner might have been the explanation!

Good to meet you as well. A couple of pints without any food would do the same to me.

Mike
  • redvee
    I didn't go off like a lunatic and was expecting the catch much earlier. I kept looking back and the rest of the BSC peleton were behind me.
  • mudcovered
    redvee wrote:
    I didn't go off like a lunatic and was expecting the catch much earlier. I kept looking back and the rest of the BSC peloton were behind me.

I'd like to say tactics but the reality is that I couldn't have gone a lot faster without completely burying myself. TBH I didn't think I was going to catch you.

Mike
  • redvee
    For the upcoming Bath, mudcovered buying the drinks all night, meet. Will us Brizzle drinkers meet up by Trinity Rd cop shop and peleton it up the cyclepath to Bath or make our own way there?
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    i remember him saying that too, so that's good. I am up for the Peleton approach.
  • sarajoy
    Peloton peloton peloton
  • waddlie
    Monorail monorail monorail.

Sorry, I meant peloton peloton peloton. As long as everyone rides at a sociable pace.

I know this is really short notice but can anyone do mon or tues next week? Otherwise you'll have to count me out... :(
    Rules are for fools.
  • redvee
    Calling mudcovered et al. Not a problem for me.
  • mudcovered
    redvee wrote:
    Calling mudcovered et al. Not a problem for me.
    Next Tuesday works for me. I'm probably not going to be around for a couple of weeks myself after that.

Mike
  • waddlie
    Better get my slicks on or I'm gonna get m-u-r-d-e-r-e-d...
    Rules are for fools.
  • redvee
    Waddlie wrote:
    Better get my slicks on or I'm gonna get m-u-r-d-e-r-e-d...

My bike with have these clicky things on the bars and if I press them it gets easier/harder to pedal :lol:
  • sarajoy
    You did see me attempting Park St, no? You won't be last ;)

Tuesday's looking OK so far.
  • waddlie
    We definitely on for Tuesday then?
    Rules are for fools.
  • redvee
    Seems like we are on the lash on tuesday at The Dolphin. I doubt Sara will be the last to arrive as us blokes will be drafting her, particularly those on MTBs :lol: Sara will be last to get to the bar however.
  • sarajoy
    Oi, what're you trying to say? I'm not quite as big as the back end of a bus...
  • waddlie
    Awesome. Can I request that we meet somewhere else? I'm not keen on loitering outside Trinity Road cop-shop for.. umm... political reasons.
    Rules are for fools.
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    Oi, what're you trying to say? I'm not quite as big as the back end of a bus...

Where's the shovel emoticon for digging myself out of the hole I'm in :lol: Meant that we'd leave you behind if we went ahead.

Only suggested Trinity Road nick as a landmark. Outside the Casualty warehouse then? which is the last warehouse on the left before the bend where the CP starts at 18:00.