Brizzle Social Club

Comments

• waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    1800 is good for me but suspect it might be a bit early because Sara "not a morning person" Joy will only have got to work for about 1100 and will need to make the hours up before joining us.

Any Bristol lurkers reading this - come join the fun!
    Rules are for fools.
  • Mark Elvin
    Mark Elvin Posts: 997
    So what's the deal then? Turn up, have a few bevvies, ride home? Sounds like an ideal night!!!!!
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Ach, it'll be OK, I'll get to work early on Tues :)

Didn't know that was the Casualty warehouse down there though!
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    So what's the deal then? Turn up, have a few bevvies, ride home? Sounds like an ideal night!!!!!
    That is the usual plan. I'd imagine I'll be at the pub sometime between 18:30 and 19:00 with the Bristol group turning up a little after 7.

Mike
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    should be good for tuesday.
  • sarajoy
    The only thing I may struggle with is getting food in somewhere. Maybe I can bring a packed tea!
  • jangle
    i know asked this before but is this route definitely ok for road bikes?
  • mudcovered
    sarajoy wrote:
    The only thing I may struggle with is getting food in somewhere. Maybe I can bring a packed tea!

The Dolphin serves food. :)

Mike
  • mudcovered
    jangle wrote:
    i know asked this before but is this route definitely ok for road bikes?
    Yes all tarmac apart from a couple of cattle grids. The cycle path is better surfaced than some roads. ;)

Mike
  • jangle
    great. thanks
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've ridden the cyclepath on 25s with no problems. The rough parts are when you try and ride between the railway lines on the sleepers :lol: There are some bits where tree roots have rutted the tarmac but these are in total 15m.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Horton
    Horton Posts: 327
    Doh, missed the last one (out of the country excuse I'm afraid) and Tuesday would be prefect as I'm not working Wednesday but have a physio appointment at 8pm - not sure she'd be impressed if I turn up panting and sweating beer on her lovely tissue paper covered couch. Will see if I can delay it
  • redvee
    The roll call for tuesday at present is:

Sarajoy - Hybrid
    Waddle - MTB
    Redvee - Roadie
    Jangle - Roadie
    Attica - MTB (late arrival) we'll pass him as we go home.

Any more?
    We also need to update the phone number list. PM your mobile number to myself or Sara and we'll get a text with numbers sent out.
  • Mark Elvin
    Would have loved to have come along, but Tuesdays are bad days for me, grueling 2 1/2hr traing sessions on Tuesday evenings, trying to get back some of the fitness I used to have before the accident (and not actually managing very well yet).
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    Bristol to Bath will probably be two and a half hours in total, stop making excuses and join the fun! :)
    Rules are for fools.
  • mudcovered
    Waddlie wrote:
    Bristol to Bath will probably be two and a half hours in total, stop making excuses and join the fun! :)
    :shock: You are talking about the total time out and back aren't you?

If not then I'll need to do a pub crawl ride along the towpath to kill some time. ;)

Mike
  • Mark Elvin
    Waddlie wrote:

Can't let my training partner down at short notice, she'll kill me.

Although if there are any other nice easy rides out I'd be very interested. I really want to get back into cycling.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    Mark, Check out http://bristolradars.freeforums.org for some possible rides to get your fitness back up.
    us0.png
  • risi
    risi Posts: 231
    redvee wrote:

Sarajoy - Hybrid
    Waddle - MTB
    Redvee - Roadie
    Jangle - Roadie

Any more?
    We also need to update the phone number list. PM your mobile number to myself or Sara and we'll get a text with numbers sent out.

Me, maybe. Obv need to run it past swmbo (even if I then ignore the answer). If I do, I'll probably go to Bitton or Saltford to pick up the bike path so will meet people at the pub I guess.
    Specialized Allez
    Trek 6500
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    risi wrote:
    redvee wrote:

Sarajoy - Hybrid
    Waddle - MTB
    Redvee - Roadie
    Jangle - Roadie

Any more?

Me, maybe. Obv need to run it past swmbo (even if I then ignore the answer). If I do, I'll probably go to Bitton or Saltford to pick up the bike path so will meet people at the pub I guess.

Be nice to have some company for the ride home - would you come back via the B2B cyclepath or go cross country?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • risi
    risi Posts: 231
    Attica wrote:
    risi wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    stuff

more stuff

Be nice to have some company for the ride home - would you come back via the B2B cyclepath or go cross country?

Probably cross-country - I had plotted something - about 19 miles to Wrington.
    Specialized Allez
    Trek 6500
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    I was thinking simlarly (frickin URL function seems to be having a lie down on here)

I'll plumb yours into my Garmin and bring it along.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sarajoy
    Sorted myself out, going into work at 8am tomorrow, home by 5, should be long enough to grab my stuff together and get to the start of the bike path :)

Just to double-check, we meeting here?: http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&hq=&h ... 5&t=h&z=19
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    Sorted myself out, going into work at 8am tomorrow
    No chance :lol: I might still be in bed then so can't comment really[/quote]
    sarajoy wrote:
    Just to double-check, we meeting here?: http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&hq=&h ... 5&t=h&z=19

That be the place. Will PM all the BSC numbers I have later, been offline all night :( Having a PC sat in the corner and can't play :(:(
  • sarajoy
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrr traffic's awful at 8am. A 45 min drive in as opposed to 25 - really should get back on the bike...

...as I will tonight but it's chuffing freezing! Winter tights and softshell called for, or will I be boiled by the other end..?
  • jangle
    sorry guys, woke up with a sore throat etc sore will have to duck out of tonight. have a good one though.
  • mudcovered
    sarajoy wrote:
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrr traffic's awful at 8am. A 45 min drive in as opposed to 25 - really should get back on the bike...
    Aye. :lol:
    ...as I will tonight but it's chuffing freezing! Winter tights and softshell called for, or will I be boiled by the other end..?
    That would be my recommendation. It is what I was wearing to ride in this morning.

Mike
  • redvee
    jangle wrote:
    sorry guys, woke up with a sore throat etc sore will have to duck out of tonight. have a good one though.

Alcohol is a well proven cure for sore throats, ever seen a alkie with a sore throat??? :lol:

Shorts and knee warmers for me, the number of layers under the jacket will depend on how many I've got and how many I can fit under said jacket.
  • mudcovered
    redvee wrote:
    Alcohol is a well proven cure for sore throats, ever seen a alkie with a sore throat??? :lol:

Shorts and knee warmers for me, the number of layers under the jacket will depend on how many I've got and how many I can fit under said jacket.

Took the words right out of my mouth on the sore throat front. With a bit of luck it should be warm enough to skip the windproof layer on the way there but I'd recommend having one for the journey back. There are some bits of the railway path where the temperature really drops at night. At least that was my experience on the way back from Bristol last time. :)

Mike
  • Mark Elvin
    Any of you guys in for the Action 100 Bristol-London ride at the end of August
    2012 Cannondale Synapse