Brizzle Social Club

Comments

• mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    jangle wrote:
    when i went in today for a lunchtime tipple they were both full, so yes. :)

I suspect we might be okay on a dark evening rather than a sunny lunchtime but I'm happy with either venue.

Mike
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    We'll start on the tables between the Duke/Trow then, 7pmish onwards I imagine...

Will try and manage earlier though (just moved in with the bloke who goes to bed and gets up earlier than me, so trying to shift a bit)!

We can always move into the Vollie later on (ooh, love their ales...).
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • mudcovered
    sarajoy wrote:
    We'll start on the tables between the Duke/Trow then, 7pmish onwards I imagine...

We can always move into the Vollie later on (ooh, love their ales...).

Cool. I should be there sometime around 6:30pm.

Mike
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    I'll be there.

SJ - you commuting up Park St now? How are you finding it?
    Rules are for fools.
  • sarajoy
    Nono, I live up by Cotham Hill now - Whiteladies Road end. I've been using Hampton Rd and Coldharbour/Kellaway to get to work... OK so far, traffic is a bit cloggy though. We'll see how it goes :)
  • sarajoy
    Phhhhnnnrrrrrrrt. Parp.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    sarajoy wrote:
    Phhhhnnnrrrrrrrt. Parp.

Beans for tea last night? :lol:

Guys, if were sat outside and freezing our nads off we ain't cold. If Sara says it's cold agree with her and run indoors to the Trow/Duke asap.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • sarajoy
    Well, we'll see if I make it.

Got knocked off this morning, nursing a very sore arm (no break but lots of stiff spraininess) and a few cuts & bruises - woman didn't see me, she initially paused at the mini roundabout then rolled straight on, sidewalling me just as I was in front of her.

Not pressing charges (she's learned her lesson, she was a sobbing bundle of tears once she got out of the police car), and her husband took me & my bike home and gave me their home and mobile numbers so I can ring once I've assessed damage to the bike (one wheel is buckled, will get the rest checked soon) - I'm happier not to get into insurance claims.

Bleurgh.

Wondered if any of you lot fancied meeting up at one of my new locals now I've moved house? I live just off Cotham Hill now... worth a try ;)
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Sara, that sounds nasty. Hope you recover quickly and that the bike is ok.

If in any doubt at all though you need to get your bike to an LBS for assessment and get yourself to the docs for an assessment too! I'm guessing that the police attended the scene so there'll be some sort of incident number too, you may well need to know that.

A bit bruised now can quickly turn into "can't ruddy move at all" tomorrow. Don't say you don't want to make a claim until the dust has settled!

In the meantime I suggest you anaethsetise this evening, I can make it up to Cotham tonight, are there any pubs away from Whiteladies that we can go to? (I'm thinking bike security)
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sarajoy
    Well I was thinking of taking it back to the Spesh concept store I bought it from - otherwise maybe Bike, not decided yet.

I was assessed by the ambulance crew with a note that if pain persists to go get a further check-out - they did quite a lot of prodding and poking, some of it quite hard and I felt no twinges, so I think I'm OK.

As for pubs - maybe the other end of Cotham Hill would be best - the Highbury Vaults is one of my fav places (though I wouldn't advise riding up St Michael's Hill to get there unless you're uber-hard)...?
  • attica
    Bums, I'm on my SS and down by the Bus Station

I'll just have to go the long way around (always thinking of those stats ;) ) - that probably means going past Chez Redvee.... :?:

Highbury Vaults sounds good, name your time.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • mudcovered
    Attica wrote:
    Bums, I'm on my SS and down by the Bus Station

Highbury Vaults sounds good, name your time.

Thank god for Google maps :). Should be able to get there without too much trouble.

Mike
  • sarajoy
    BTW if you're feeling soft and want to avoid either Park St or St Mike's Hill:

I tend to go up from Broadmead to the BRI via Lower Maudlin St, then along Park Row to Woodland Road (opposite a petrol station), up there, then carry on until a T junction with Tyndall Park Rd. Turn right there and you're almost on top of the Vaults after another right turn onto St Michael's Hill.
  • sarajoy
    Oh, time, erm - 6:30-7pm as usual?

Need to eat and give the bloke a chance to mother me for a bit before I disappear out for booze, maybe he'll even come with :)
  • attica
    Sounds good to me.

Would someone mind locking my bike to theirs please.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • mudcovered
    Attica wrote:
    Sounds good to me.

Would someone mind locking my bike to theirs please.

That's not a problem. I'll bring an extra D-Lock. :)

Mike
  • attica
    Nice one Mike, thanks.

What time are you getting there?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sarajoy
    Let me bring the spare D lock, I'll be carrying it rather less far...!
  • attica
    That sounds like a more splendider ideaw than what the lastun were. :lol:

Thanks SJ, if you're ensconsed I can call you when I get there, should be about 7 ish.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • mudcovered
    sarajoy wrote:
    Let me bring the spare D lock, I'll be carrying it rather less far...!

Deal. :lol:

Mike
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    Bah. 3 mile walk now :( I blame the jibbering wreck. Hope you aren't too sore SaraJoy, I got knocked off before Christmas and it took a few days before I started hurting properly.
  • sarajoy
    Lots to look forward to then..!

I'm OK though my arm is getting more twingey and stiff by the hour - now I have barely 30deg of movement if not less before a nasty twinge that makes me swear goes up and down the arm muscles. Ow ow.

I can just about type without too much hassle as long as I used the nipple on my laptop - no reaching for mice or trackpads
  • attica
    You're typing using a nipple?

It's gonna get sore - don't say I didn't warn you!
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sarajoy
    Oi :P

Arm really rather painful now, had a couple if distinctly unpleasant twinges :(

Would still like to get out but it might not be for all that long.
  • attica
    Oh dear SJ, I still reckon a trip to the doctors or possibly even A&E is in order if only to get it documented.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sarajoy
    Well I can't get myself to the doc, but have rung and am awaiting a call back. Will get boyf to drive me to A&E once he's home if he thinks it worthwhile.

Sorry to mess you lot about if I don't make it out in the end :S
  • attica
    Your wellbeing is far more important SJ, hope it's nothing serious.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • mudcovered
    Attica wrote:
    Your wellbeing is far more important SJ, hope it's nothing serious.
    So I'd better lob in that lock then. :) Hope to see you Sara but if not hope you heal soon.

Mike
  • attica
    Mike, will your normal lock work with a cable extension? Just realised I could grab one of those to bring up. Save you carrying two all the way from Bath.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • mudcovered
    Attica wrote:
    Mike, will your normal lock work with a cable extension? Just realised I could grab one of those to bring up. Save you carrying two all the way from Bath.

Should do as I normally use one to loop through the front wheel.

Mike