Brizzle Social Club

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    sarajoy wrote:
    Duke/Trow sounds good to begin with - also is handy for any newcomers too as it makes us nice and obvious ... ;)

No peotry though :( RIP Allan.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    Gah, can't do this week as doing some non-commuting recreational type riding round Grizedale and Whinlatter. Still up for 27th if anyone wants to do both, and certainly up for a Bath shindig too...
    Rules are for fools.
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    I can't do tomorrow, but can do the next one on the 27th.. Up for doing Bath at some stage too..
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    jangle wrote:
    I can't do tomorrow, but can do the next one on the 27th.. Up for doing Bath at some stage too..

I'll try and figure out a suitable Bath venue and propose a date then. :)

Mike
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    mudcovered wrote:
    jangle wrote:

Mike
    I'll do Bath if someone fancies being my chaperone along the railway path..? :)
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    sarajoy wrote:
    mudcovered wrote:
    jangle wrote:

Mike

Group ride methinks
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • mudcovered
    Attica wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

Group ride methinks

Makes sense. Only one of you needs powerful lights then. ;)

Mike
  • redvee
    Was thinking the same about the ride home and there to with all the SCR rfun to be had. An hours ride in the dark with a Fenix in epiletic fit flash mode :lol:
  • redvee
    Does anybody realise it is just over a year since Sara started taking us out on the p!$$ :?:
  • jangle
    that's an excuse for a drink if ever I heard one.
  • sarajoy
    Well, I'll see some of you tonight innit!

What can I say, I like bringing people together almost as much as I like ale <3

I'm cheating, haven't commuted since the day I was knocked off (about 6 weeks ago), but it's mainly because I need to take a different route (A38 through Filton is now horrible due to roadworks) and haven't got around to planning/exploring it yet (don't like the idea of the first run being on a commute when I'm in a bit of a hurry).

I will be on bike tonight, but will only have come from home, and so can bring a spare (albeit cheapo) lock if needed?

I will be there 6:30-7pm or so :)
  • mudcovered
    sarajoy wrote:
    Well, I'll see some of you tonight innit!

What can I say, I like bringing people together almost as much as I like ale <3

I will be on bike tonight, but will only have come from home, and so can bring a spare (albeit cheapo) lock if needed?

I will be there 6:30-7pm or so :)
    About the same time as me then. Can understand the commute thing on unfamiliar roads but at least you are back on the bike (even if it is just to ride to the pub. :) ).

Mike
  • sarajoy
    30 mins of work left, let me out of here...!

So who've we got? Me, redvee/shaun, mudcovered/mike?
  • mudcovered
    Well I don't know about a tailwind for the ride home but at least I wasn't riding into a headwind. :)

Despite saying I don't really know how to go slow I did end up going slower than usual this morning. I can't think why :lol:

Same time and place next week?

Mike
  • sarajoy
    I'm guessing so - or straight to the Naval Vollie if it's freezing/raining :)

Oh, and I did take Park St home in the end after all... !
  • mudcovered
    sarajoy wrote:
    I'm guessing so - or straight to the Naval Vollie if it's freezing/raining :)
    Sounds reasonable.
    sarajoy wrote:
    Oh, and I did take Park St home in the end after all... !
    :)

Mike
  • redvee
    Got home and chucked the jacket on the clothes horse :lol: Tried to watch some TV but fell asleep, must have been tired. Couldn't find the flat keys this morning which means the door was locked but not double locked like I normally do.

Vollie for 7pm next tuesday sounds good if too cold for Sara.
  • mudcovered
    redvee wrote:
    Got home and chucked the jacket on the clothes horse :lol: Tried to watch some TV but fell asleep, must have been tired. Couldn't find the flat keys this morning which means the door was locked but not double locked like I normally do.

Vollie for 7pm next tuesday sounds good if too cold for Sara.

And too cold for me. I would not have wanted to drink another pint outdoors.

Current forecast for next Tuesday is better than this week so we might be able to enjoy some sunshine for a bit longer.

Mike
  • redvee
    mudcovered wrote:

Current forecast for next Tuesday is better than this week so we might be able to enjoy some sunshine for a bit longer.

Mike

Hopefully with a few more bods too.
  • sarajoy
    C'mon then, who's on for tomorrow?
  • mudcovered
    sarajoy wrote:
    C'mon then, who's on for tomorrow?
    Will be there and I[m hoping for sunnier conditions than today. :)

Mike
  • waddlie
    I'm in. Also well up for a group ride down the railway path sometime soon...
    Rules are for fools.
  • mudcovered
    Waddlie wrote:
    I'm working on it. Just trying to work out a pub that has reasonable beer, bike/car parking and that isn't too hard to find from the Bristol-Bath Cycle Path. Rather tragically I might have to do a bit of a pub crawl this weekend to work something out. :twisted:

Mike
  • waddlie
    mudcovered wrote:
    Waddlie wrote:
    I'm working on it. Just trying to work out a pub that has reasonable beer, bike/car parking and that isn't too hard to find from the Bristol-Bath Cycle Path. Rather tragically I might have to do a bit of a pub crawl this weekend to work something out. :twisted:

Mike

Not sure what it's like (...or called...) but there's a pub actually on the railway path route with handy outside seating that could be good if the weather's nice? Just as you enter Bath you ride through an industral/housing estate before riding alongside the canal. As you join the canalside you go past a humpy bridge and it's on the left.
    Rules are for fools.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    The Dolphin Inn

Is (or was) used by the Bath CTC for their meets :)

dolphin.jpg
  • redvee
    Got stopped there by a kiddie who wanted to charge me a 'toll' for riding alongside the river. He nearly went for a swim :lol: The Dolphin is only an hour from where I type now, probably a little longer after a few beers.
  • mudcovered
    alfablue wrote:
    The Dolphin Inn

Is (or was) used by the Bath CTC for their meets :)

That's one of the places I was considering.

Mike
  • sarajoy
    Sounds very do-able... :D
  • jangle
    what and where tonight? will come for a bit, as I need to cycle home after and want to get back before midnight!
  • sarajoy
    Weather looks nice!

Up to the rest of you where we meet as I may not be the earliest arriver tonight and I can't stay too long (or I'll be in no fit state for my final physio appt tomorrow)...

...maybe not quite the weather yet but Queen's Sq itself is a very nice place to meet up/sit on the grass, and the King William is usually happy to give you plastic glasses to carry outside - for future reference :)

See you later!