"Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    Attica wrote:
    Cheers, I'll do that then.

What time are you due over?

Some time between 6:30 & 7pm. Depends on how lost I get finding the pub. ;)

Mike
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    How are you feeling today SJ?
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Not too bad - still aching but haven't yet had one of those twinges I was getting yesterday which turned the air around me bright blue!

Might be because I've better learned what hurts and am avoiding it, mind... Got a doc's appt at 10 for a check-up, think I just need reassurance, we'll see if they think I ought to get an X ray just to be sure (don't think I really need one).

Had a nice social pint of OJ and lemonade last night - cheers lads for the last minute relocation!
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    yeah, sorry for not turning up, didn't fancy the walk and then the 2 hour bus journey afterwards.. How's the bike looking?
  • mudcovered
    sarajoy wrote:
    Not too bad - still aching but haven't yet had one of those twinges I was getting yesterday which turned the air around me bright blue!

Had a nice social pint of OJ and lemonade last night - cheers lads for the last minute relocation!
    Not a bad pub to relocate to all things considered. Its definitely a good beer pub. Although it would be more bike friendly if there weren't so many single speed riders in our group. :)

I had an interesting ride home. I just about managed to stay off the M32 as I missed the turning that would have taken me through the city past Temple Meads. Fortunately I knew where I recognized where I was when I turned off to avoid the Motorway.

Glad that you are not feeling so bad this morning. Hope you don't get any bad news from the Doctor.

Mike
  • sarajoy
    Fracture, unfortunately. I'm due back in tomorrow morning, hoping I won't need a cast...!
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    sarajoy wrote:
    Fracture, unfortunately. I'm due back in tomorrow morning, hoping I won't need a cast...!

Sorry to here about the nasty crash SJ and hope the pain twinges ease up soon :(

...may see you in the fracture clinic tomorrow then, as I am back in there about my collarbone I broke 18 months ago that is still giving me Jip...possible operation #2 :? ... apparently green puss leaking out isn't normal :lol:
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    Ohh eck! Get well soon SJ, and hope the green oozing stops soon GL.
    us0.png
  • sarajoy
    Oooh lovely gertlush! What time are you in there, then? Think my appt is 10:00 or 10:10 (as if I'll actually get seen then)..

Thanks all - 'tis quite the annoyance :S

Hoping for some tubigrip and one of these: http://www.sportstek.net/images/arm-sling.jpg
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    think I am meant to be 09.50, so about 10.20 then!
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Ouch. GWS
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • sarajoy
    Good news, no cast, carry on as I was - take it easy for 2 weeks minimum :)
  • redvee
    Next drinks date is sort of penciled in for Tuesday 27th April, location to be decided. Probably the usual haunts of previous pi$$ ups.
  • mudcovered
    redvee wrote:
    Next drinks date is sort of penciled in for Tuesday 27th April, location to be decided. Probably the usual haunts of previous pi$$ ups.

Works for me. Just glad you didn't say next week as I'm working on site for a week. No bike rides for 5 days. :evil:

Mike
  • sarajoy
    Arrr.

/me pencils.

Was the 20th no good?
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    I should be able to make it. Might stay on the juice though, the last couple of times I've been slightly conscious of the fact that I've been babbling on like an idiot. What is it about drinking straight after work that turns me into a one-pint wonder?
    Rules are for fools.
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    Arrr.

/me pencils.

Was the 20th no good?

Can't remember why I opted for the 27th. Anyhow it now gives me time for the roadrash to heal up.
  • sarajoy
    Eeek redvee have you had an off now too?

Waddlie - babbling like idiots is what the social club is designed for - on the first one I showed 5 men what the bruise on my arse looked like...

Finally - damnit - I've gone and booked my final physio appt for 8:30am the morning after! Gnuh... Sure we don't want to do it on the 20th? ;)
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    Eeek redvee have you had an off now too?

Yep, gravel and a change of direction on 25mm tyres at 15mph don't mix. Just the skin that is hurt, nothing like your off and self inflicted. Getting out of bed tomorrow morning will be fun
    sarajoy wrote:
    on the first one I showed 5 men what the bruise on my ars* looked like...
    Must get that photo off my old phone :lol:
    sarajoy wrote:
    Finally - damnit - I've gone and booked my final physio appt for 8:30am the morning after! Gnuh... Sure we don't want to do it on the 20th? ;)

Easy for that date if everybody else is, you owe us all a drink for the last minute reloaction last time.
  • mudcovered
    redvee wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

Easy for that date if everybody else is, you owe us all a drink for the last minute reloaction last time.
    That's okay with me as well. Should be back to normal riding by then. :lol: (I hate working on site. :cry: )

Mike
  • sarajoy
    Well, maybe we can do both - but on the second one I'll be drinking rather less..!
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    Well, maybe we can do both - but on the second one I'll be drinking rather less..!

You've got the bloke under control already. He's let you out two weeks running. Good girl :lol:
  • mudcovered
    sarajoy wrote:

Both. Hmm, some good stats miles in 2 rides over to Bristol. Might well be up for that. :)

Mike
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    mudcovered wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

Both. Hmm, some good stats miles in 2 rides over to Bristol. Might well be up for that. :)

Mike

Speaking of which, can we have a gathering in Bath? I want me some stats miles too :twisted:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • mudcovered
    Attica wrote:

Speaking of which, can we have a gathering in Bath? I want me some stats miles too :twisted:
    Don't see why not. From past postings on the forum there are quite a few people who ride into Bath who would struggle with the time taken for additional ride over to Bristol.

Give me a few weeks and I'll set something up. :)

Mike
  • redvee
    Sounds do-able, leave work with the race up the cyclepath crowd and ride back down realising the lights you so need are sat at home and you're doing single figure speeds. We might have to hit the roads near Mangotsfield as I don't trust the locals after dark though I haven't had any problems myself.
  • redvee
    Where are we going to congregate? Between the Duke & Trow or go straight indoors to the Vollie. Looking at the weather for Tuesday I think it will be an indoor pi$$ up.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/day ... stol&day=3
  • mudcovered
    redvee wrote:
    Where are we going to congregate? Between the Duke & Trow or go straight indoors to the Vollie. Looking at the weather for Tuesday I think it will be an indoor pi$$ up.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/day ... stol&day=3
    That does look a little chilly once the sun goes down. Should be okay while we have light though. Think we will want to be indoors for at least some of the time although I'd be happy to start off outside if everyone else is.

Mike
  • sarajoy
    Duke/Trow sounds good to begin with - also is handy for any newcomers too as it makes us nice and obvious ... ;)