Brizzle Social Club

Comments

• sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    I will be there, assuming I make the pass-the-parcel parcel tonight like I should be (not for you lot, sorry)!

I will end up driving home then walking out to the pub so I may be at late as 7:30-8pm...
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • Horton
    Horton Posts: 327
    Is tonight still happening? If so what sort of time are the rest of you chaps going to be around?
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    I'll be there at about 6, will have to shuffle off quite early unfortunately, nothing personal SJ.

In the Volunteer as usual then folks?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Horton
    Cool should be there shortly after 6 also, depending on workload - currently more than I would like. I'll be the one looking at random groups of people hoping I guess right...
  • Two members of the Brizzle social club are now sat in the vollie by the door nursing their pints.
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    Redvee2008 wrote:
    Two members of the Brizzle social club are now sat in the vollie by the door nursing their pints.

Really? Five mins after this was posted, I looked in the direction of the door and saw a couple who were simply too elegantly well dressed to ever have worn lycra. One was nursing wine rather than a pint. So I looked on the next table and saw three people who had a bit more potential, but just as I was getting the confidence to approach them with my opening line ("Ever D-locked a cunt?"), they got up and left.

Realising that turning up at a pub looking for "bikey people" had possibly been a bit optimistic, I headed for the door.

What a numpty.
    Rules are for fools.
  • attica
    Was that you in a blue top, nursing a pint and a mobile phone with a walking pole tucked into your rucksack?

Redvee and I were sat opposite looking distinctly non-bikey I'm afraid, then Horton joined us and later SJ, afraid there wasn't a stitch of lycra amongst us.

Sorry to have missed you.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Good to meet a new face last night, hello Horton. One thing about last night, don't expect an early night if SJ turns up out of lycra, we got kicked out of the pub at closing time :oops:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Horton
    Yeah good to meet the three of you as well - I'm not surprised it was a late one - had all the hallmarks... I on the other hand got home to phone my bro who simply wanted to rub in the temperature difference before it got hot - utter tw@! Hopefully one of us will arrange something again before too long!

Oh and Waddlie, for me it was a lucky guess - Attica's Buff gave it away! Next time!
  • sarajoy
    Waddlie I'm really sorry you missed us and we you!

Next time chaps, remind me to take a group photo around the pub table so I can post it here saying "look for this lot"!

It's easier in the summer, we're generally outside the duke and in varying degrees of lycra..
  • sarajoy wrote:
    Next time chaps, remind me to take a group photo around the pub table so I can post it here saying "look for this lot"!

It's easier in the summer, we're generally outside the duke and in varying degrees of lycra..

Good idea. Certainly helped me earlier in the year. :). Sounds like you had a good night last night. Sorry I missed it. :(
    If I'm there there is guaranteed to be someone looking like they ride a bike as that's the only practical way for me to get there and still be able to have a few pints. :lol:

Mike
  • waddlie
    Attica wrote:
    Was that you in a blue top, nursing a pint and a mobile phone with a walking pole tucked into your rucksack?

Redvee and I were sat opposite looking distinctly non-bikey I'm afraid, then Horton joined us and later SJ, afraid there wasn't a stitch of lycra amongst us.

Aye, that was me. Since when was that "by the door"?! :D

Feeling like a right idiot, hopefully next time I'll be able to do more than end up sulking in Subway.
    Rules are for fools.
  • attica
    Waddlie wrote:
    Attica wrote:

Aye, that was me. Since when was that "by the door"?! :D

Feeling like a right idiot, hopefully next time I'll be able to do more than end up sulking in Subway.

Ah, a pedant.

You'll fit in well around here :lol:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sarajoy
    Oi oi oi oi oi...

March 9th anyone?
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    aye aye aye. vollie?
  • sarajoy
    Aye.
  • Works for me. Especially since I'm not at work that day (or the day after). :)

Mike
  • waddlie
    I'm in! :)
    Rules are for fools.
  • Horton
    I'm in
  • Horton
    I'm in
  • sarajoy
    That's 5, redvee for 6, how is your diary this time, Attica? ;)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    sarajoy wrote:
    That's 5, redvee for 6, how is your diary this time, Attica? ;)

He'll say yes then get told to come home at the last minute and call it working out of town :lol: I'll make it six drinks Sara is having to buy us.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • attica
    Haha very funny :oops:

My diary is free that night although work do regularly bugger me around with dates.
    Probably best you stick me down as a maybe.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sarajoy
    Just bumping this as a reminder for next week :)
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Hiya - where and when?

Seem to have missed an awful lot - will either have baby or Wilma so will be in truck! Any chance of sitting outside?
  • sarajoy
    Tues 9th March, had planned for the Naval Volunteer that doesn't have outside seating IIRC...

Can try to remember to pack a sweater and sit by the Duke/Trow and pretend spring has sprung (..the grass is riz - I wonder where the birdies/flowers is)?
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    sarajoy wrote:
    Can try to remember to pack a sweater and sit by the Duke/Trow and pretend spring has sprung (..the grass is riz - I wonder where the birdies/flowers is)?

I can cope with that. The current forecast for next Tuesday does have the temperature above 0. :)

Mike
  • jangle
    vollie does have seating outside, abeit 2 small cafe tables but the trow would probably be a safer bet
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    jangle wrote:
    vollie does have seating outside, abeit 2 small cafe tables but the trow would probably be a safer bet
    You think there will be a lot of competition for them? :roll:

Mike
  • jangle
    when i went in today for a lunchtime tipple they were both full, so yes. :)