Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• Oh, sorry, the morpeth arms on Millbank at the Vauxhall bridge. You've been there for beers before...
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Ah, yes. Haven't been followed the Party thread much, so wasn't sure if there was a curry elsewhere. Ta.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Pub's open at 11:00 hrs right? :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    itboffin wrote:
    Pub's open at 11:00 hrs right? :D

Oh dear...
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Redvee and I will be getting to Paddington at 5pm, so allowing for travel, and yokel ineptitude, we should find the Morpeth Arms in time for last orders!
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    I'll get there at some point .....

Shall I come in a cycling helmet so I can figure out which gang to hang out with? It would be quite possible for me to sidle up to the wrong people.

Once whilst walking in the local park with my children, they were trailing behind. I wandered on ahead, called them and then heard footsteps running up behind me. I was just about to grab my child around the waist and shout "gotcha", when I thought better of it.

Good job - it was a jogger. Don't think he would have been impressed....
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Well I should be there a tiny bit earlier now as I've got myself moved onto a "mid" shift. Means starting 30 minutes earlier, but also finishing 30 minutes earlier which equates to roughly 30 minutes extra at the pub :-)

By my reckoning I should now arrive at the pub just after 6pm rather sweaty or about 6:30 as a picture of freshness............guess I'll pack another top and bring a bagful of scalps with me :twisted:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    linsen wrote:

Shall I come in a cycling helmet so I can figure out which gang to hang out with? It would be quite possible for me to sidle up to the wrong people.

Trust me, that will not happen! Follow the lycra. We stand out like the proverbial thumb.
  • linsen wrote:

Trust me, that will not happen! Follow the lycra. We stand out like the proverbial thumb.

There goes James bragging again :wink:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    None of you realise how stupid I am yet :oops:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • linsen wrote:
    None of you realise how stupid I am yet :oops:

No really..........the first time I meet the guys (and gals, not that Olivia was there at that point) for drinks I can honestly say that James was the first one I spotted..........the Pinarello cycle jersey gave him away :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Jen J
    I'm relying on the fact we've got a room booked, and hopefully there is only one room, so that when I eventually find the room I'm hoping it will be full of SCRs and not some random collection. Oh hang on...
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Attica wrote:
    Redvee and I will be getting to Paddington at 5pm, so allowing for travel, and yokel ineptitude, we should find the Morpeth Arms in time for last orders!

You're forgetting the scalping session we're going to try on The Embankment. if you are being chased by two blokes on bikes chewing straw, ride faster.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Hi folks,

Sincere apologies. Work has been madness of late so I've not posted on the threads as I haven't been sure if I would be able to make the event or not. I've not had time to read the whole thread nor the Christmas social one. If I'm able to get away from work early (for me) on Friday is it OK to come along for just a drink (I appreciate that food etc would have been booked)?

If that's OK I'll try and get there for six and shoot off about eight. It woud be nice to put some faces to names. Anyone from East or North London that frequent the SCR thread could just turn their back to me and bend over slightly so I can see if I recognise them or not :D I presume I'll be accepted in cycling gear (just got some nice dhb bib tights and a buff but I promise to wear some shorts over the top :D

TCS
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • TCS - of course it is!

In fact if anyone out there has just started reading this and wants to come along then do!

It's at the Morpeth Arms - there's a map on the site - or it's on millbank pretty much at the vauxhall bridge.

EDIT: Oh and Jashburnham is right - it is not hard at all to identify the SCR-ers in the pub. We'll be the ones in lycra, walking carefully on clipless shoes!
  • itboffin
    redvee wrote:
    Attica wrote:

You're forgetting the scalping session we're going to try on The Embankment. if you are being chased by two blokes on bikes chewing straw, ride faster.

Don't forget your pitch forks, i'll bring a gun and a couple of Labrador's - after seeing some of the music the SCR lot listen to it might be best if I just put them out of their misery, it's the humane thing to do.

Do you have to pay the Congestion Charge for tractors?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I can't come... :cry::cry:

I need to go to Cumbria, but good old Network Rail are digging up most of the West Coast line all day Saturday and Sunday, so my cunning plan of getting an early train on Saturday mornng and still coming along to the SCR drinks has been well and truly scuppered.

Rather annoying as I was looking forward to meeting the guys I haven't yet met and seeing those I have again.

If my absence skews the cost for everyone, let me know and I'll get my money to LiT somehow (does anyone work near Lower Regent Street/The Mall??).

Cori.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    TCS (and anyone else only deciding now to come), don't forget to bring a fiver for LiT!
  • Cori you have PM

Ooooh sounds ominous - don't worry, it's not!

I am, however, very sad that you can't come along. :cry::cry:
  • Jen J
    I may have to bail too.

:cry::cry:

I've spent half the morning vomitting and the other half forgetting what I was saying mid-sentence - onset of a migraine I suspect. And on the few occasions I've had them, it's been a multi-day out of action thing.

And I had my hair done especially...;)
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    This is bad news for all the blokes who were coming just to meet hott cycling chicks :shock:
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    biondino wrote:
    This is bad news for all the blokes who were coming just to meet hott cycling chicks :shock:

Well at least my absence won't make any difference on that score.
  • Jen J wrote:
    I may have to bail too.

I've spent half the morning vomitting and the other half forgetting what I was saying mid-sentence - onset of a migraine I suspect. And on the few occasions I've had them, it's been a multi-day out of action thing.

Boooooooooooooo rubbish!

MTF in a more appropriate direction! :wink:
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    i might potter along to one of these one week (not this week though).
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • biondino wrote:

If Cori and Jen aren't going I'll have to reconsider :wink: Shame though. :(
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • biondino wrote:

Oi! :wink::lol:
  • Jen J
    Jen J wrote:

Boooooooooooooo rubbish!

My hair's rubbish? :cry::cry::cry:
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Jen J wrote:
    I may have to bail too.

Right, WFTU, FFS.

I can barely walk at the moment, and I'm going.

I expect to see you there, young lady. :!:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Jen J wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

Boooooooooooooo rubbish!

My hair's rubbish? :cry::cry::cry:

No... silly. Your proposed non-attendance is rubbish!
  • itboffin
    What's going on?
    What's all this shouting?
    We'll have no trouble here!
    This is a decent town and a local shop - there's nothing for you here!

What's all this talk of cold feet, we'll hear no such talk, after all only one person has been killed during a SCR Friday session and Greg already apologised for that.

You'll hate yourself if you miss it.