Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• YAY 4 ME!

Last minute change of plan now means I'm covering a site about 5 minutes ride from the pub!!!!! Hence I can revise my arrival time to circa 17:40 - allowing 5 minutes to change and throw my shirt in the rucksack and then bomb down there, leaving a strip of awesome on Vauxhall Bridge Road that will be visible from space :shock:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    well, the other reason I was coming up to the metropol has now fallen through, which means I have all afternoon free.
    Which in turn means I shall probably come home first, intend to go for a quick blast before I hoof it down to the station and faff about so much I have no time for that, rush to the station and be the last to arrive..... :oops:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I'll be laying a slick streak of Brown between Soho and The Morpeth at around 6.30. Just enough time to sneak a couple of pints in before comencing the curry.

My hair is about as 'done' as it's gonna get and I've got a pretty good idea what I'll be wearing, but can't make me mind up which bike to bring. Is this normal?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I was just discussing with Bass, that subject to the weather I'm planning on cycling to station followed by a couple of laps of RP which will have to be slow as I'll be carrying a change of clothes + additional layers and riding the SS.

If it rains heavily "all bets are off!"

_Brun_ that's the problem with having so many bikes.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    No, that's the problem with having two bikes. Any more and I really would be in trouble.
  • itboffin
    _Brun_ wrote:
    No, that's the problem with having two bikes. Any more and I really would be in trouble.

I bought a cyclo cross frame this week and this morning found myself bidding on a mixte - it's a good job I lost that auction.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Having just seen the weather forecast I suspect the train will win tomorrow night, which is a shame as I have never done a full 5-day week cycling commute yet and was going to this week :oops:
  • linsen
    biondino wrote:
    Having just seen the weather forecast I suspect the train will win tomorrow night, which is a shame as I have never done a full 5-day week cycling commute yet and was going to this week :oops:

You're not supposed to admit to things like that!
  • biondino wrote:

I nearly reported that reply to the mods! :wink:

For me, a 5-day cycle commute is the norm, anything else is a variation. I don't like variations...
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Yes but I HAVE to read for work and the train provides a perfect opportunity no-one is convinced by this argument are they sigh...
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    YAY 4 ME!

Last minute change of plan now means I'm covering a site about 5 minutes ride from the pub!!!!! Hence I can revise my arrival time to circa 17:40 - allowing 5 minutes to change and throw my shirt in the rucksack and then bomb down there, leaving a strip of awesome on Vauxhall Bridge Road that will be visible from space :shock:

Great post! Absolutely Great post!

I didn't think you had that level of funny in you!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • linsen
    biondino wrote:
    Yes but I HAVE to read for work and the train provides a perfect opportunity no-one is convinced by this argument are they sigh...

nope :wink:
  • itboffin
    biondino wrote:

No!!!
  • biondino wrote:

I expect to see you reading at the lights whilst cycling to work from now on... :wink:
  • biondino wrote:
    Yes but I HAVE to read for work

Snap.

Read faster :twisted:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • biondino wrote:

Snap.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • biondino wrote:

Snap.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • biondino wrote:

Snap.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • linsen
    Did you want to hammer the point home, G66? :wink:
  • itboffin
    He struggles a little with technology, he's very very old you know :lol:
  • oh, FFS!

I'm in bed trying to do this on an iPhone with a dodgy wifi connection. Bollox!

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • linsen
    And now we've picked up on it you can't delete them :lol:

Answer - get out of bed, lazybones :wink:
  • itboffin
    Greg66 wrote:
    oh, FFS!

Snap i'm in bed too. What you wearing? :shock:
  • linsen
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    oh, FFS!

ITB I'm not at all worried by that :shock:
  • itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    oh, FFS!

I'm up now.

But I was wearing nowt. And doing some - ahem - revealing stretches before the torture of trying to get out of bed.

Feel better now?

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    oh, FFS!

I'm up now.

But I was wearing nowt. And doing some - ahem - revealing stretches before the torture of trying to get out of bed.

Feel better now?

:shock: WTF just happened here........

Anyone remember who we are meant to be asking for this evening? I'm hoping to get there b4 LiT so it's not a major problem but I was just thinking for those late comers who arrive and can't see the lycra brigade :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • The manager is a lady called Georgia, and the room is booked under Olivia Grace.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Just go upstairs - should be easy enough to work out where we're s'posed to be I reckon.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Erm
    <shuffles from foot to foot>

I'm feeling somewhat sheepish here.

RV and I set off last night on our mission to find Paddington, we got somewhere North of Hyde Park and then it all went a bit wibbly.
    RV was about 3 cars ahead of me and filtering further ahead, I spent a couple of seconds paying more attention to the cars around me, looked up and there wasn't a cyclist in front of me any more. (turns out Shaun had pulled a uuey that I hadn't seen as we we're starting to get a bit unsure of where we were)
    I freewheeled n for a bit, then pulled over, asked for directions while I waited and eventually gave up waiting for Reds to reappear)

It turns out that we were heading in the right direction (although the chap I spoke to sent me the wrong way down a one way street (yes Lins and Jen, I got off and walked this time)).
    So I got to the train, loaded my bike into the empty bike wagon and took my seat.
    Phoned RV to see how he was getting on, he found the station 2 minutes after the train departed (and that was nearly 10 minutes late)

I'm hoping he came back to the MA or got an hotel room as he was contemplating staying in Paddington until the next train, which left at 6.30 this morning and it was starting to get "big boys cold".

Folks I had a great evening, thanks to all for coming and Olivia (and Ruby) for sorting it all.
    GT, don't let that trophy go to your head, oh it already has. (did you cable tie it to your handlebars?)
    G66, apologies for the extra back pain I caused you - your face was a picture though...
    ...as was everybody elses when I added the GB cycling jersey to my <ahem> ensemble.

I am the tartiest!! go me.

By the way, a very eerie ride back from the station to home, very foggy and still, I got passed by 4 cars all told, one of which was a police car with it's blue lights on damned nearly brought on an epileptic seizure, very disorientating,
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm back home in Yokel town safe, sound but bloody cold and very peed off given what happened last night after we left the pub.

I can only repeat the above thanks to O&R for the organisation and the fellow attendees for making it a good get together and for buying me drinks all night despite my attempts to give them money and I do feel guilty over it.

I'm off to bed in a mo.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.