Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    biondino wrote:
    Probably 6.30 for me. I have my bike! I do actually ride a bike! I'll turn up riding it! It's my Trek, admittedly, but it's a bike nevertheless.

A Trek? the shame of it... Oh! wait :oops:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Jen J wrote:
    Nope, in fact I'll be going to the party dressed as..... a pawn. The chess piece. That's right.

Because you pwn everyone on your commute? *

*That's the only bit of geek-speak I know. Apologies if I've used it inappropriately :P

Trying to hip eh! that's one of the signs...
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    itboffin wrote:
    Jen J wrote:
    Nope, in fact I'll be going to the party dressed as..... a pawn. The chess piece. That's right.

*That's the only bit of geek-speak I know. Apologies if I've used it inappropriately :P

All your base are belong to us.
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

Now you've already been warned about that sort of talk, stop it before all the geeks join in.
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    itboffin wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

Ok, I'm out of my depth now...moving on...

According to googlemaps, it's a ridiculously easy 7 mile route to the Morpeth, so I may bike it after all. Presumably traffic wouldn't be too bad heading into town? I'd be on the A24/A3 up to Stockwell. (Bear in mind I'm new to this and have a short commute, so I'm not as used to heavy traffic as all of you). Would have to forfeit having nice hair and make-up though :(;)

On the other hand...the Morpeth looks handily located near a tube station, as is my house, so that may prove more tempting...
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • itboffin
    Will there be food tonight? is the plan to test the curry options?

Tell me about the curry? mmmm! curry, drool

Did I mentioned today's lunch yet, no! well it was similar in every way to yesterday apart from Quorn instead of Tofu, yummy :shock: - who comes up with these?
  • Well I'm now stuffed with what I was lead to believe was chicken, some lovely naan bread, and assortmanet of salad, some chps and a can of 7-Up :-)
    I leave here around 5ish so plan to be there for 5:30!

Also can happily report I had the oppurtunity for some scalping ON work time! Got a call from one of the managers asking if I can help out with a 2 man printer lift at a place just off Clerkenwell Road :-) Not one to turn down a quick ride across town I set off towards London Wall, headed north at the BIG roundabout by the museum before heading down Farringdon Road to pickup Clerkenwell Road. Took about 15 minutes to get there all in an I'm sure I took a few messengers en-route! Saw one earlier tho pull out of a side road then go racing into the same lane as a big builders LORRY, the driver had to brake to avoid flattening the guy into a pancake!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I am inclined to be there at 4.40, given that we can leave work from 4.30 onwards.

And boy, has this first week back at work after my holiday been a shock to the system!

Oh, damn, have bike so no book. OK, will be there at 5.30ish.
  • il_principe
    Jen J wrote:

According to googlemaps, it's a ridiculously easy 7 mile route to the Morpeth, so I may bike it after all. Presumably traffic wouldn't be too bad heading into town? I'd be on the A24/A3 up to Stockwell. (Bear in mind I'm new to this and have a short commute, so I'm not as used to heavy traffic as all of you). Would have to forfeit having nice hair and make-up though :(;)

On the other hand...the Morpeth looks handily located near a tube station, as is my house, so that may prove more tempting...

MTFU Jen.
    :lol:
  • Welcome back Cori, I was just thinking you'd been on a rather extended holiday whilst I was heading towards E&C today :-)
    See ya this evening :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Jen J wrote:

MTFU Jen.

+1

On the MTFU note I was just thinking that would make a rather good tattoo if I ever want to get my fingers done, a bit better then the usual LOVE/HATE combo :-D No sure what to put with it tho as MTFU suits most situations.......maybe as I work in I.T RTFM ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    MTFU Jen.

Nice hair and make-up not necessary then? ;)
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    If you have nice hair and make-up, I'll kill you. As I'll be looking dreadful. Womanly solidarity.
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Have fun without me everyone :(

I'm getting a train out to Didcot and then cycling 20 miles in the dark for fun...errrrr! With a mate who's never done more than 12 miles in one go and has just picked up his brand new Bianchi this week. Oh dear.

I had to have a quiet word with him about riding around on a blue/green bianchi with matching drink bottle
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Littigator wrote:

I'm getting a train out to Didcot and then cycling 20 miles in the dark for fun...errrrr! With a mate who's never done more than 12 miles in one go and has just picked up his brand new Bianchi this week. Oh dear.

I had to have a quiet word with him about riding around on a blue/green bianchi with matching drink bottle

Awwwwww poor litts! Have fun in Didcot. Did you know that a didcot is the name for the punched-out piece that train conductors punch out of your ticket? And that they made up all the confetti at a Royal wedding - princess Anne's if I remember rightly.

There you go, that'll make it better...
  • il_principe
    Littigator wrote:

Awwwwww poor litts! Have fun in Didcot. Did you know that a didcot is the name for the punched-out piece that train conductors punch out of your ticket? And that they made up all the confetti at a Royal wedding - princess Anne's if I remember rightly.

Another fan of QI eh?
  • Littigator wrote:

Another fan of QI eh?

Spot on! I also love recounting QI facts... I have the book and everything... :D
  • Littigator
    Yes I did(cot) already know that...I also love QI

:D

• Littigator wrote:
    Yes I did(cot) already know that...I also love QI

:D

You can tell your friend that while he's puffing and panting round the area...

They've got a Great Western Steam Museum there too....
  • Well I'm now stuffed with what I was lead to believe was chicken, some lovely naan bread, and assortmanet of salad, some chps and a can of 7-Up :-)
    Weird, that's what I had for supper last night (except the chips and 7-Up)!
  • +1 for QI :-) Strange how a bunch of competive cycle commuters also all enjoy the same TV shows :P
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Littigator
    Even stranger...that's also what I had for tea last night...except the chips and 7-Up...oh and the salad....and the naan bread now I think about it. In fact I had a beef burger so minus the chicken as well :lol:

• I just had chinese-y stuff for lunch. Mmmmm squid and rice.

It's also odd how many lawyers there are on here...
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Aww Litts can't make it?

sweet

I like QI for what it's worth

Also does anyone want to share their lock with me tonight... pweaase
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • As ever, I will have a lock, and am fine sharing. :)
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    thanks frank :wink:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    I toyed with the idea of travelling the 6 hour round trip to join you tonight but then the weakness from lack of 'real' food took over.

Have fun tonight, enjoy the lovely lovely beer and or curry :cry:
  • il_principe
    I just had chinese-y stuff for lunch. Mmmmm squid and rice.

It's also odd how many lawyers there are on here...

You can bet some poor sucker is getting billed for all their "time" though...
  • Awwwwww poor litts! Have fun in Didcot. Did you know that a didcot is the name for the punched-out piece that train conductors punch out of your ticket? And that they made up all the confetti at a Royal wedding - princess Anne's if I remember rightly.

That was the completely fictional definition of Didcot in The Meaning of Liff by Douglas Adams. Did they quote it as fact on QI?

http://folk.uio.no/alied/TMoL.html
  • schlafsack wrote:

That was the completely fictional definition of Didcot in The Meaning of Liff by Douglas Adams. Did they quote it as fact on QI?

http://folk.uio.no/alied/TMoL.html

They sure did!

Hilarious - really?