lost_in_thought
lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
edited August 2018 in Commuting chat
Anyone for a beer this friday? Or next?

Comments

• Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Anyone for a beer this friday? Or next?

Will I be shunned if I turn up and stick to Diet Coke?
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Guess what my vote was?
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Beer, this Friday? I'll be there. This time I promise!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I am at a client's screening Friday and imagine there may be drinks after that, but if you do have drinks I will see if I can come along after I'm no longer needed.
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    :? :?
    been in Morpeth Social Club a few times - it's in Morpeth, Northumberland :shock: - bit far for you Lahndan types to travel to isn't it :shock:
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    You forgot the "I'm not based in London but I will be in London on the 14th of November and thirsty as you like" option on the poll.

See you all then.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Can't do this Friday as already have plans, but could probably do next.
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    I'd love to come and meet you all. One day.....

Even if you do all smell :wink:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I like beer and bikes but I see seem to be the worlds busiest man at the moment and I'm booked for weekends until the new year

I might be available for a swift couple next friday though
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I smell of beer and bikes.

Will struggle to get away from work much before 6.30, but am up for showing me face if there's nowt special happening in Noho.
  • Potentially this Friday or next would be OK. What sort of time do you meet and how long do you stay (need to plan route home via park or long-way-but-safe-way depending upon time of night. Plus being in the Eaast Eand and slower than you speedstars I need to allow more time to get home :wink:
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • Next Friday's looking good.... let's see what the daytime posters have to say....
  • knight2k
    knight2k Posts: 119
    Bikes and Beer are two of my favourite things.

Unfortunately I'm based in the 'Burbs - so will raise a glass to you all at the Gamekeepers Lodge in Chesham on each and every Friday
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Would much prefer next Friday.

Would I be welcome?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    I can make it this Friday....Not going to miss you fighting off Don Don for the world :D

I'll have to be away by 8 though
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Would much prefer next Friday.

Would I be welcome?

buy me a beer and I'll look after you
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Shame I don't live in London, and I don't think you all smell but it did make me laugh to cast that vote.
    But sometime I plan to come down again soon as I can get away, have a very strange promise to keep in looking for a particular busker who saved an american friend of mine's life. Long story but I do keep promises.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Can't make tomorrow I'm afraid.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I can do this Friday, not really next as I have Vampire Weekend tickets that evening. (yey!).
  • Would like to, but don't want to drink and cycle, its in the wrong direction, 13 miles is a long way with beer in your legs & bladder, there is no chance of a p*ss stop until Lea Bridge Road, my little girl has got my heart and I like putting her to bed, and the wife is 5 months preggers with the next and working full time so is knackered by the time she gets home....blah blah blah.

Oh woe is me, I have not been to the pub since last December. But I still manage to have a beer belly. :roll:
  • cjcp
    my little girl has got my heart and I like putting her to bed,

8)

The reason I rode like the clappers (er, I mean, wasn't trying, but seemed to be riding quickly) on Monday and Tuesday night was to put the two monsters to bed, and read to the eldest monster - she fell asleep listening to my reading of The Flopsy Bunnies.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,588
    13 miles is a long way with beer in your legs & bladder

Blimey, your planning on putting beer in your camelbak as well, that is serious drinking territory! :shock:

Edit: That's my 1000th post! Well done me.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Daniel B wrote:
    13 miles is a long way with beer in your legs & bladder

Blimey, your planning on putting beer in your camelbak as well, that is serious drinking territory! :shock:

Edit: That's my 1000th post! Well done me.

I'm only 66 off 1000 - I am going to change my name then. I am no longer doing the commute to match my name.....and fancy something else - Bob, might be a good one.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    cjcp wrote:

8)

The reason I rode like the clappers (er, I mean, wasn't trying, but seemed to be riding quickly) on Monday and Tuesday night was to put the two monsters to bed, and read to the eldest monster - she fell asleep listening to my reading of The Flopsy Bunnies.

SCR has certainly helped me get home quicker for mine. Her current favourite is "Mr Tickle and the Dragon". Now on the 2nd week of the same story ever night. I think Mr Tickle is going to meet with an accident very soon :twisted:
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • cjcp
    Guess what my vote was?

Who said you were entitled to vote? This is a London-centric forum. (That should be another category)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    I think Mr Tickle is going to meet with an accident very soon :twisted:

So harsh...
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • snooks
    Would like to, but don't want to drink and cycle, its in the wrong direction, 13 miles is a long way with beer in your legs & bladder, there is no chance of a p*ss stop until Lea Bridge Road,

Mine was 10 miles back last time...there's a lot less traffic on the roads later on a Friday, and you could always bail out and get the train... District/overground ...if you get carried away

Just go before you leave and cycle like hell :D
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Quite up for meeting :) But is Morpeth social club not up beside Newcastle?! :?
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

8)

SCR has certainly helped me get home quicker for mine. Her current favourite is "Mr Tickle and the Dragon". Now on the 2nd week of the same story ever night. I think Mr Tickle is going to meet with an accident very soon :twisted:

I found books lik ethat so often got lost during the night. Found them years later in the cupboard they couldn't reach" Regretfully no wthey would rather I didn't bother reading to them, because they can do it better on their own :(

Time goes so fast....
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • snooks
    So what's happening on Friday then???

btw next Friday is the Twickenham Beer Festival :lol:

So I'll be drinking about 300m from where i live instead of cycling 10 miles into the Morpeth and back again :wink:
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs