Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Well ITB, the Viner and I made it back to Ealing, and he set off bright and early... saying something about it being a lovely day and maybe he'd ride back.... :shock:

:shock: The guy should be sectioned.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Ride home was enjoyable, a bit faster then the pootle pace that DDD suggested and was only really mared by the a$$hat taxi driver coming over VB who seemed to think 4 cyclists taking the lane for Brixton justified him tooting us, despite having 5 other clear lanes to choose from...........impatient g!t!!!

Slowly lost riding companions as we got closer to home, starting with TN, then DDD then SM.
    Got home just after midnight and said hello........mentioned I needed food and got a rather bad reception. Seems the stupid fish and chip shop at the end of my road closes before midnight so I ended up with a donor meat and chips from the kebab shop which like a proper take away was still open at that hour!

Excellent night all in, great to put some more names to faces nad meet Rich and JonGinge :-)

Last thing, major chapeau to ITB, 95 miles he rode to get to the Morpeth yesterday and he didn't even seem phased :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Another good SCR evening in good company. Good to meet Sewinman when he wasn't falling on me...he took the teasing all very well :lol: Also good to meet new faces, was a very good turnout. I now know more about man love that I ever thought I would :shock: but what goes on tour...

I wasn't fast on the way back, I just didn't have far to go!
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    cjcp wrote:
    Well ITB, the Viner and I made it back to Ealing, and he set off bright and early... saying something about it being a lovely day and maybe he'd ride back.... :shock:

:shock: The guy should be sectioned.

Sounds like he's a candidate for an FNRttC...a few of that lot do the ride and then back home...(not that I will be one of them)!
    http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Afternoon all lovely day so it is :D I took the train home and then the hilly 17 mile route home, phew that was a tough one my old legs objected loudly :D almost as loud and the now dead bearings in my BB.

Here's a few stats for yesterday "pub run"
    dist. 95 miles + 8 miles
    avg speed 19 mph (damn all those traffic lights in London)
    time 5 hr 19 mins (4hr 23m to Hampton Court)

All in all a very very pleasant day out, twaz a fantastic turnout at HQ good to see you all again and meet a couple of new faces as well. :D

I'll post the pictures shortly and i'm sure the stories will begin to leak out :roll:

Thanks everyone for your kind words and the copious pints of Guinness, I bet I wasn't the only one with a sore head this morning.

Special thanks to LiT's, most kind oh and nice bike :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    ITB - sorry I couldn't make it, fella. Had a meal to get back to. When do you start working in the Big Smoke again?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    ITB - sorry I couldn't make it, fella. Had a meal to get back to. When do you start working in the Big Smoke again?

NP matey but you were missed can you believe JonG had the cheek to turn up sans bike :shock: the nerve of the man :P

There was a little confusion last night G66 thought it was fancy dress and came a Puppa Smurf thankfully we convinced him to take the hat off before he came inside, biondio was not impressed.

d1b19b4f4bef400c874281200572bb73.jpg

I will be back in town on the 11th meanwhile i'm going to put in a MASSHOOF effort to topple Rich158 off the top of the stats board :twisted:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    itboffin wrote:
    There was a little confusion last night G66 thought it was fancy dress and came a Puppa Smurf thankfully we convinced him to take the hat off before he came inside, biondio was not impressed.

:lol::lol:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • cjcp
    You lot wouldn't have looked weird in the pub dressed like that. Nope. Not one little bit.

:lol:

EDIT: see you in May then. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    Bass showed us his best "I've not been to the pub face, me! drinking? no way!" while G66 good barely contain his delighted at his evil plan.

9c6a8a6f5353441a8153418941a74b7c.jpg
  • Bassjunkieuk
    In my defence he pressed the shutter button earlier then I expected.........

Aren't we missing some pictures tho ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • cjcp

If that's your only defence, you is in trouble. :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Bassjunkieuk
    cjcp wrote:

If that's your only defence, you is in trouble. :wink:

:-D Well I was keeping an eye on my consumption due to needing to ride home.........managed that OK and even pulled off a rather nice trackstand by Clapham Common :lol: DDD and SM where trying to put me off with funny commentary but I managed to stay upright for the light sequence and left them fumbling with their toe clips and SPD-SL's ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin

Aren't we missing some pictures tho ;-)

Yeh I thought the naked ones were a little after all Greg wasn't on his A game :twisted:

Talking of which good luck to the fantastic four tomorrow remember last one back has to clean all the bikes :lol:
  • itboffin
    So this Friday who game?

Attica are you back in the big smoke yet?

Counsel of the elders and members of the carbon super powers (soon to include DDD)?

You all in or what?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    itboffin wrote:

Attica are you back in the big smoke yet?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I'm a 'possibly' for Friday.... should really be heading back to Essex though.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I should make it down for a couple. Maybe even a pair of couples.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    itboffin wrote:

Counsel of the elders and members of the carbon super powers (soon to include DDD)?

I just booked a day off to pick up the Kuota. I may make it down with the Kuota. Though I don't want to bring a bag or lock or put lights on isn't lovely carbon frame....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Citizen Smith
    Citizen Smith Posts: 336
    After missing the last few MA socials, I reckon I'm in for a couple of jars.
    itboffin wrote:

This, however, I'm not part of......perhaps the mess of proles?
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Hmmm.

I am doing a 60 mile ride the next day, but at 'conversational' pace so it won't be very taxing (unless there is a sodding wind).

I do have to be at Victoria for an 8.30 train the next morning for said ride.

But I'll probably show up for a few anyway! After all, if I wasn't there, whose bike would you p*ss yourselves laughing at?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I'm at a wedding on friday so no dice I'm afraid

plus I'm not supposed to cycle till after the weekend as I got more ink yesterday... still a little sore.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I may put in an appearance again, and recount tales of hail storms, and how I neary I nearly gave up on the descent of Wrynose :shock:

Only a couple though as I have to get back before my youngest (and the dog). It's a case of sitting there tapping my finger with that 'What time do you call this' look on my face, even though I've just walked through the door 5 secs earlier :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Mrs T is out on the lash tonight so I think I can get a pink pass for tomorrow.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Lbaguley
    Lbaguley Posts: 161
    As I have expressed my interest in the SCR trip, I guess it's only reasonable I make the effort to come along to SCR drinks - also just a couple though, as my girlfriend is coming down from Manchester later in the evening, so I will have to get home and spruced up and then out to Euston to meet her.

Will be good to meet those of you lot who'll be there...
  • itboffin
    Hmmm.

I am doing a 60 mile ride the next day, but at 'conversational' pace so it won't be very taxing (unless there is a sodding wind).

I do have to be at Victoria for an 8.30 train the next morning for said ride.

But I'll probably show up for a few anyway! After all, if I wasn't there, whose bike would you p*ss yourselves laughing at?

I'm doing a 100 miler the next day well perhaps it's 50 each way with dinner in the middle so we'll see :wink:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    itboffin wrote:
    Bass showed us his best "I've not been to the pub face, me! drinking? no way!" while G66 good barely contain his delighted at his evil plan.

9c6a8a6f5353441a8153418941a74b7c.jpg

that is an awesome picture... *saves for later*

anyone good at photoshop as you could cut out bjuk and pretty much put that face in any pic for endless amusement
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    Don't forget the dress code is smurf outfit and or SCR team kit :wink: basically anything Castelli :D
  • Citizen Smith
    Citizen Smith Posts: 336
    So what time's kick off? Reckon I can be there for 5.30....

Love that my maiden century is about when we will start drinking! Howzat!
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    About 1800 for me... work must be beginning to wonder whether I actually do any work by now, surely?