Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Not a goood night to break my duck at the Morpeth if nobodies going to be there :wink: I'll have to drag my sorry arse along next week then, and put some names to faces :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I'm double booked already. It's a relief to see there's not much Morpeth action to confuse things even further.

Should do next week tho'.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    A quick sherry after hours anyone? :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    itboffin wrote:

I could join you for a quick pint assuming you mean this evening?

Also should be free Friday.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    itboffin wrote:

D'oh! Just read other thread and realised that, like jash says, you mean this evening.

I could do a swift 'arf this evening too, meant to be gardening but the soil will be all wet and icky!
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:

Yes although I wont be able to get there until 6.30 ish i'm in a suit and riding a white steel single speed with 52/16 oh yeh! :lol:

What do wanna bet I rip my trousers :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    itboffin wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Yes although I wont be able to get there until 6.30 ish i'm in a suit and riding a white steel single speed with 52/16 oh yeh! :lol:

What do wanna bet I rip my trousers :lol:

6:30 suits me.

So white frame and a suit in this weather? Good thinking boffinman...
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    @ITB

Can meet at the Mopeth for 6.30pm. (This would be easiest).

After drinks you could ride the SS back to Vauxhall trainstation where I can take it (with my other bike). From there you can head back to Waterloo while I go on to Wimbledon. Oh and i can join you and the others for drinks naturally.

Sounds like a plan?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    @ITB

After drinks you could ride the SS back to Vauxhall trainstation where I can take it (with my other bike). From there you can head back to Waterloo while I go on to Wimbledon. Oh and i can join you and the others for drinks naturally.

Sounds like a plan?

Ah Ha! The cat's out of the bag now. So DDD's finally seen the light.
  • lost_in_thought
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    @ITB

Sounds like a plan?

Ah Ha! The cat's out of the bag now. So DDD's finally seen the light.

Interesting! And a 52/16... that's only 1" less than my Bowery! Way to MTFU! :D

Jash, you are being comprehensively outgeared.... (although still faster)
  • DonDaddyD
    If ITB lets me have it and if for free. Not sure I'll keep it at that gearing though...

I've already got a spec and drafts of how I will tart it up. Bull horn bars, leather handlebar tape and seat, white halo wheels and tyres all the way.... Not even sure if I'm gonna ride it or just hang it on a wall - I've always wanted to tart my own bike up, proper....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    So you are having Friday Beers on a Monday? Cunning...

Have already agreed to go to a gig with a mate, alas, and don’t think I can manage this too...
  • DonDaddyD
    So just to clarify people are definantely going and will be there from 6.30pm?
    Food Chain number = 4

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I am going to the GYM tonight for some reason.
  • il_principe
    I'll be there. 1830.

Me too!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Will give you kids a wave as I ride by. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Gig was full of pretentious arseholes. Have come home. Would have been better off meeting you lot methinks...ah well...next time...
  • itboffin
    Whilst I walked along the scared road this evening I couldn't help but notice a large number of persons involved in velo related activities, tiz an interesting native behavioural pattern one which the yokels back home will be much amused by, no doubt! :roll:

Oh and Jon I fear fashion has moved on just a tad since your last visit, ruffles are so colonial, it's codpieces now you know, very in! :wink:
  • il_principe
    Gig was full of pretentious arseholes.

So was the pub :shock:

:lol::lol:

So DDD, did you ride in SS today?
  • itboffin

I wouldn't recommend it that front brake is older than me :shock:

PS. We totally owned that pub quiz and we weren't even trying, competitive us? never!
  • lost_in_thought
    itboffin wrote:

PS. We totally owned that pub quiz and we weren't even trying, competitive us? never!

Yeah! We'd totally have won, if we'd bothered to enter, but we SO weren't trying... :wink:
  • DonDaddyD
    Gig was full of pretentious arseholes. Have come home. Would have been better off meeting you lot methinks...ah well...next time...

Us lot, pretentious? No never... Though if you don't have a carbon fibre road bike, ganished with anything but Ultegra/Centaur or above and served on deep rim bladed spoked wheels we won't talk to you or take you seriously.... :lol::lol::lol:

Grass is never greener when you're standing on it dear.... :wink:

What gig did you go to?
    Nope not yet, will do either Wednesday or on the weekend. Gonna write up a build list and then take it to my Grans where it'll (hopefully) become my (cheap) build project...
    Yeah! We'd totally have won, if we'd bothered to enter, but we SO weren't trying...

OOOooooo I know Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and calcium. :wink:
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    OOOooooo I know Oxygen, carbon nano tubes :wink: , hydrogen, nitrogen and calcium

Fixed that for you.

Very good DDD now you didn't cheat and look those up now did you :wink:
  • DonDaddyD
    itboffin wrote:
    OOOooooo I know Oxygen, carbon nano tubes :wink: , hydrogen, nitrogen and calcium

Fixed that for you.

Very good DDD now you didn't cheat and look those up now did you :wink:

Actually no, I was sercretly very dissapointed with my inability to answer it at the time. :cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

• Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    itboffin wrote:

Quiz??? Nobody said anything about a quiz. :cry:

Now, if anybody's anxious to have another go, our residents association are holding a quiz night this evening (do try to contain your excitement), and I'm looking for a volunteer to join our team.

I will then be able to stay at home and watch the football. :wink:
  • itboffin
    For those that might be interested this Friday will be a gathering of the carbon super powers at the usual location, who know His Royal SCRness the crown prince of SCR 2008 might be in attendance as well.

I will of course in my final throws of unemployment be offering the usual roadside bike set up advise as previously outlined here.

fist shaking optional :roll:

BTW has anyone seen or heard from CP? i'm now officially worried about him.
  • itboffin wrote:
    the carbon super powers

I like that.

A lot.
    itboffin wrote:
    His Royal SCRness the crown prince of SCR 2008

That one, not so much . He's more of an Edward II of SCR :twisted:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    He's not even royalty...

baldrick.jpg[img][/img]