Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    06:30 for me, it takes time to get the stab vest on in order to negotiate the mean streets south of the river :shock:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    0630?

Even in my book that's a tad early for boozin'
  • Rich158
    I started with vodka cornflakes, you need it to get through South London :shock:

Ok little miss pedantic, 18:30, is that Ok now :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Will be there sometime between 6 - 6.30 to bag the hybrid a space on the railings so that it doesn't get leant on any carbon superpowers and hurt them :lol:
  • Lbaguley
    Lbaguley Posts: 161
    I'll be there between 5.30pm and 6.00pm, but need to leave not long after 7pm
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Mrs CJ is out tonight, so gotta dash home. (Might be able to squeeze in a cheeky extra lap of the RP. :D )
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Guys I'm actually at home today, I may make it I may not. Can't promise anything...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    I completely forgot that my Mum is coming to visit tonight - my pink pass has evaporated.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Greg T wrote:
    I completely forgot that my Mum is coming to visit tonight - my pink pass has evaporated.

Day release, or parole?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Lbaguley
    Lbaguley Posts: 161
    Slightly worried that if I get there soon, I'll be the only one there in slightly inappropriate clothing for a pub. May delay my departure and pootle instead of hitting embankment for a blast...
  • lost_in_thought
    Lbaguley wrote:
    Slightly worried that if I get there soon, I'll be the only one there in slightly inappropriate clothing for a pub. May delay my departure and pootle instead of hitting embankment for a blast...

I'll be there by 6. Mind you, I always say that and end up getting there at 6...
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    7ish in my case. Save me some railing.
  • Citizen Smith
    Citizen Smith Posts: 336
    I'll be there for about 17.50.
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Greg66 wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

Day release, or parole?

It's a life sentence I'm afraid......
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • lost_in_thought
    Right, it's beer o'clock... I'm off!
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Clever Pun wrote:
    I'm at a wedding on friday so no dice I'm afraid

plus I'm not supposed to cycle till after the weekend as I got more ink yesterday... still a little sore.

Ooh, what did you get? And where? Feel free to answer neither question if impertinent :)
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    His calves, and he didn't say! Possibly Will (left) and Grace (right) but that's a rumour.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    tardie wrote:
    His calves, and he didn't say! Possibly Will (left) and Grace (right) but that's a rumour.

It's probably just as well you live north of Hadrian's Wall. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    Jack and Karen then?

Bit of a theme really, DDD's bike and all... :wink:
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    That was fun - good to meet everyone - hope you guys got back OK after your curry. Note to self - pack an extra layer and don't leave gloves outside to get soaked when it starts raining. :oops: Still shivering when I got home. :(
  • lost_in_thought
    Wet wet wet!

Nice to see everyone, and some new faces!
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Curry was good but I could've done without the extra lbs on the six mile drag back up north. Hope ITB's had settled a bit before he had to knock off the 17.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Good curry.
    Weird being in a suit though!
  • Rich158
    Yep it was bloody wet and windy on the way home, not that I rode that far :wink:

Note to self, I must MTFU and not jump on the train with at London Bridge :evil: :evil:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Rich158
    And where was DDD with the Kharma, i think it's a myth and he hasn't really got one :wink: I was looking forward to winding him up a bit more about mega mileage in Wales :lol:

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Yet another healthy showing at HQ last night, I missed my train so had to wait an hour at Waterloo for the next one which was annoying I blame <inset random name> anyway the rain stopped and my tactic of wearing too many layers finally paid off :D

It's all good mileage :wink:

I had a couple of ding dongs on the way to the Morpeth which of course I totally won, I must however remember not to antagonise shaved club roadies by grinning at them as I pass and saying things like "i'm not having that!" "in your dreams ladyboy" :lol:

I loved the gasped excuse from the roadie outside the Morpeth "that golf got in my way" LLOOOSSSSSEEEEERRRRR :lol:

I do however need to MTFU with my GI I was spinning like a nutter (140rpm) all over London town yesterday, it was ace

BACK IN THE GAME :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Citizen Smith
    Citizen Smith Posts: 336
    Good to see the crew again....for me, I was quite glad of the curry to fuel the journey home. It was again quite blowey on the way back - had a cross-wind from Stockwell all the way back....not easy with my panniers acting as wind-breaks...

ITB - sorry to hear you missed the train mate - at least you had your layers! Conversely, I didn't warm up till I was half way home. No sign of any beer coat either..not even a gilet!

Rich / Chris / Lewis - nice to meet you all!
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    assuming i've got a day pass, i was thinking of showing my face next friday since i passed the pub on sunday, be nice to put faces to usernames partically as if i can get enought brownie points to go on the SCR trip which i'd like too... i'll stuff the maps in so if any one wants to they can have a gorpe at the area. and happy to answer any question i can.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I was going to say the suns out any one fancy a quick one :wink:
    then I looked out the window and glanced at the sky, yuck! - so anyone fancy a quickie? :wink:

It's getting close to beer o'clock
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.