Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    itboffin wrote:
    Wish me luck people i'm setting off at 10:00 I expect it'll take me 7-8hrs or so with stops and map reading/wrong turns :shock:

I apologise in advance if i'm unable to talk when I arrive :lol:

I'll be coming in via RP but alas I fear I won't have the strength to give the 3-lap challenge a go this time :wink:

Good luck, I had a look at your route and it actually goes within a stones throw of the only office I work at that i haven't tried riding too, so I might be giving you a grilling on how the route from Woking to town went :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    What? I missed this. You're riding from The Sticks? :wink:

Chapeau, sir. 8)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    itboffin wrote:
    Wish me luck people i'm setting off at 10:00 I expect it'll take me 7-8hrs or so with stops and map reading/wrong turns :shock:

I'll be coming in via RP but alas I fear I won't have the strength to give the 3-lap challenge a go this time :wink:

I have a really nasty side to me which shocks me sometimes ...i was just contemplating suggesting we switch venues! How cruel!? :twisted:
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Oh you lucky people, you will have the good fortune to finaly meet me this evening :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Bassjunkieuk
    I think we're going to need to start booking a room at the morpeth if these friday drinks start attracting a big crowd :-)

i finish today at 16:30 and depending on ITB's wearabouts I'll be down sometime after that......either following a direct 5 minute route or a around the houses to enjoy the good weather route :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Yeah, I'm going to be trying to sneak out early, but I'm also going to the gym at lunchtime so may not be able to... I might prowl the embankment on the maxima... or I might not!

We'll need to bag a couple of tables outside, methinks!
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    itboffin wrote:

Really, no need to apologise ;)
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Yeah, I'm going to be trying to sneak out early, but I'm also going to the gym at lunchtime so may not be able to... I might prowl the embankment on the maxima... or I might not!

We'll need to bag a couple of tables outside, methinks!

Just a couple? I was thinking all of them :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Looks like it'll be a good turnout!
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    I'm in!

I'm booked for "dinner" however so can't get battered and have to leave early ish.

I can get there proper early however - anyone up for 1630hrs sharpener?

GT
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Greg T wrote:
    I'm in!

I'm booked for "dinner" however so can't get battered and have to leave early ish.

GT

As previously stated I can be there pretty sharpish after 16:30, I was just going to find ITB slumped in the corner and sit with him...........
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • lost_in_thought
    Greg T wrote:
    I'm in!

GT

As previously stated I can be there pretty sharpish after 16:30, I was just going to find ITB slumped in the corner and sit with him...........

I'll try... considering skipping the gym in order to mastermind an early departure!
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Greg T wrote:
    I'm in!

GT

I'll try... considering skipping the gym in order to mastermind an early departure!

DDDDDDDDD000000000000 EEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

Or not do it (the gym) in this case, go via embankment and come with a bag of scalps :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I can be there between 5.15 and 5.30. I may try to get there even earlier...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    FFS!

Shall we just be done with the prevarication, and all go there now for lunch? :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • lost_in_thought
    Greg66 wrote:
    FFS!

Shall we just be done with the prevarication, and all go there now for lunch? :wink:

That's a GREAT idea. 1245?

I wish I could, but even for my relaxed work schedule that may be taking the mickey a bit
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    I have just found out that my new employer lets me go at FOUR!! Cos of the bank holiday.... :D

We will prob still go for drinks first though...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I have just found out that my new employer lets me go at FOUR!! Cos of the bank holiday.... :D

We will prob still go for drinks first though...

Fist and last time that'll happen! Ah, corporate take overs... brings back interesting memories.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    I just had a 3 pint liquid lunch. I feel a bit smashed! :oops: :roll: :D
  • DonDaddyD
    I'm gonna be late. :(

If it gets too late I may not be able to make it at all. :cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • biondino
    See you chaps at 6.30. A pint of special and an available seat waiting for me would be top hole. Thanks in advance :)
  • cjcp
    Can't make it, chaps. Have a good one.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    cjcp wrote:

most of them are already in the pub... feckers
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • biondino
    cjcp wrote:

Aw, I'm sorry I called you a tory. I'll buy you a drink if you come?
  • cjcp
    Layabouts. The lot of them. :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    So what time did ITB arrive?
    And leave?

I wonder if he's made it back past the Winnersh Triangle... :)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    He's not posted here yet so somewhere between London and The Sticks.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Good night, that. Sewinman managed to introduce himself without falling into anyone, and Rich158 likewise. Welcome both!

Anyone hanging on for news of the Viner should know that it's really not that special. LiT even left it outside for a couple of hours without it being stolen. Not even sure if it was locked.

ITB was in attendance, and knocking back pints of Guinness as if he'd earned it. Cheeky git.
  • DonDaddyD
    I made it back home. Rode back with Sewinman, Bass and TotalNewbie - who is a lot faster than she makes out, no pootle for that girl.

'Displayed the power of D' on Clapham Park Road... though I think Bass and Sewinman couldn't possibly have been playing... :twisted:

Oh and I wasn't at all in trouble with the GF, got back in and offered to help make cupcakes with her... :shock:

Good times at the pub once again!
    Food Chain number = 4

• lost_in_thought
    5:15 AM? Holy moly DDD, even though the forum's clock is wrong that's bloomin' early!

Well ITB, the Viner and I made it back to Ealing, and he set off bright and early... saying something about it being a lovely day and maybe he'd ride back.... :shock: