Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Unfortunately I can't, I'm driving today...

The shame!!!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Can't I'm afraid, need to go back to essex and sleep... too many late nights this week.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Not tonight guys, my run at lunchtime has killed the legs. At the moment I'm verging on using the train

Oh the shame :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    First picnic of the year tonight!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Okay just me then :(

:roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    itboffin wrote:

Cheap rounds for ITB :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    redvee wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Cheap rounds for ITB :lol:

Oddly enough it was and the conversation was a little one sided :(
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Anyone up for a few jars on friday then?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Rich158
    I might be persuaded to venture north of the river :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • biondino
    Bear in mind next Friday (5th June) is a pre-arranged Morpeth meet-up, featuring the one and only linsen...
  • Clever Pun
    are some people only allowed out twice a month?

I'm free on friday and I like beer

I think I'm free next friday...think
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    biondino wrote:
    Bear in mind next Friday (5th June) is a pre-arranged Morpeth meet-up, featuring the one and only linsen...

ooh ooh that's me!
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • DonDaddyD
    Clever Pun wrote:
    are some people only allowed out twice a month?

Its the fear of spending more time in the real World with people (initially) found on the Internet than people met in the real World....

Or is it now ok/cool to make friends over the net? I think its elevated from 'taboo' to 'grey area'

Not that its a issue for me, I quite like the people I've met so far...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Clever Pun
    I do hesitate when I tell 'real life' friends about internet stuff
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • lost_in_thought
    I'm umming and ahhhing about this friday, could be persuaded, definitely on for next friday...

Oh and I really don't worry about whether I've first made contact with people online or not. I think it's now moved from 'taboo' to 'fine'.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    I occasionally go on camping trips with fly fishing internet forums friends. My ex was fine with it until she watched Brokeback Mountain and came to the opinion that I was off on my 'being a gay man weekends'.

How do you reply to that! :?
  • biondino
    For me it's moved from "fine" to "sexy fun" (I am on my third long term relationship that originated on the internet).
  • lost_in_thought
    Sewinman wrote:
    I occasionally go on camping trips with fly fishing internet forums friends. My ex was fine with it until she watched Brokeback Mountain and came to the opinion that I was off on my 'being a gay man weekends'.

Say that you've been trying to work out a way to tell her you're bisexual, pretend to start to cry, see if she's taking you seriously.

Points deducted if she is.
  • Sewinman
    biondino wrote:
    For me it's moved from "fine" to "sexy fun" (I am on my third long term relationship that originated on the internet).

Links please!
  • DonDaddyD
    Sewinman wrote:

Now THAT is incredibly funny!!!

Can't say I've ever dated anyone from the net...

I'm not on for this Friday, may be available for next Friday however.
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    How do you manage to twist a honest who's up for beer call into some bizarre internet dating man on man action camping thing :shock:

Beer... what Friday's were made for, i'll be there briefly as I have a big family dinner at the farm house and the later I arrive the less yummy food they'll be and more importantly BOOZE! :roll:

Naturally i'll be there next Friday too some of us wear the "lycra" in our own houses :wink:
  • Clever Pun
    Sewinman wrote:

take her up the wrong un.... that'll clear things up :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Sewinman
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

How i tried....
  • Rich158
    Sewinman wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

How i tried....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and I bet all it did was confirm her suspicions :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    biondino wrote:

I met my now wife online, usenet even so just text. can't say i'd recomend it as strategy as most where blokes, infact it started when i needed somewhere to stay and she offered me a room, and we hit it off.
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Can't do this Friday but will do my best to come along and see Linsen next Friday, even though I am doing a Friday Night Ride to the Coast (Whitstable) at midnight that night, as you do...so I will not be plied with alcohol!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Be strong and resist all attempts by LiTs et al to make you drink alcohol.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Can't do tonight as have chums over for supper and it's take away curry so you lot can ram it.

Next Friday I have nothing on so will be coming along, unless I get a better offer - obviously.

However given that my social life is now more dead than a three day old dodo burger that was cooked using the exhaust gasses of the HMS Illustrious - I doubt that I will.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • OldSkoolKona
    OldSkoolKona Posts: 655
    I've pencilled in next Friday :D
  • DonDaddyD
    Rich158 wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

How i tried....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and I bet all it did was confirm her suspicions :wink:

:shock: :shock: OH.MY.GOD! :shock: :shock:

Why oh why did I miss this conversation!

Damn...

Edit: Isn't gay by proxy... (man that SCR Trip is gonna be fun.... :roll: ) CleverPun and Sewinman sweaty after a ride to the top of a hill... brokeback mountain music in the background...lol!

Edit +2: All being well I will be there next friday, may even bring the Kharma.
    Food Chain number = 4