Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    He's not even royalty...

baldrick.jpg

Oh jash please that's such a schoolboy error :oops:

Yes he's fat, old & smelly but he's still the elected King until the next round of elections. :P
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Might be up for beerz on Friday...although I'll be without bike again. Is my first day in a brand new office after my dept has been pimped out to a new company (I still have a job, am not complaining), and I can't get into the bike sheds at the new place without my pass, which I don't get until next week...bah.

DDD, the band was Larsen B. Heard of them? Of course you haven't. Transpired I was only there because my friend is friends with the singer's boyfriend...I figured that out after the first song as she gazed adoringly at him muttering about how 'amazing' they were :evil: To be fair they were quite good, but the crowd really pissed me off. Not my kind of people...
  • itboffin
    Might be up for beerz on Friday...although I'll be without bike again. Is my first day in a brand new office after my dept has been pimped out to a new company (I still have a job, am not complaining), and I can't get into the bike sheds at the new place without my pass, which I don't get until next week...bah.

DDD, the band was Larsen B. Heard of them? Of course you haven't. Transpired I was only there because my friend is friends with the singer's boyfriend...I figured that out after the first song as she gazed adoringly at him muttering about how 'amazing' they were :evil: To be fair they were quite good, but the crowd really pissed me off. Not my kind of people...

lol my brother in law is a musical genius :shock: so he says to me it sounds like two ghey lions fighting over a attractive hamster in Baghdad.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Greg66 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    the carbon super powers

I like that.

A lot.

+1

:lol::lol:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    On vague musical connections, I had an interesting evening with a girl who's stepdad's neice is in the gurlband, The Saturdays.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • lost_in_thought
    redvee wrote:
    On vague musical connections, I had an interesting evening with a girl who's stepdad's neice is in the gurlband, The Saturdays.

My housemate went to school with one of them, the Irish one...

They're still rubbish, even in their little genre...
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    redvee wrote:

My housemate went to school with one of them, the Irish one...

They're still rubbish, even in their little genre...

We were in the same skiing party as Howard Donald, his ex and his daughter (his ex's sister is mates with my GF). Everyone took the mickey out of his wooly hat on the first day and he didn't wear it again for the whole week. Bless.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Who's Howard Donald?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    Everyone took the mickey out of his wooly hat on the first day and he didn't wear it again for the whole week. Bless.

I thought wearing a silly hat was the whole point of going skiing?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689

Actually I have heard of Larsen B, they are very Killers.... actually no, no I haven't heard of them... (I'm old skool, Frogstomp is probably the most recent guitar thrased album I've actually bought.. same with hip hop and the like)

Your friend is "friends" with the singers boyfriend :? (I need to draw a graph to understand it, sounds like Eastenders... that or a love triangle like HJouse flying daggersor something...)

Have to say it sounds like you don't take too kindly to playing wingman, Goose (Top gun)? I loved playing wingman back in the day, I turned it into an art form. My friend would talk to a girl, I would get the attention of her friend so she doesn't get jealous drag her chatted up friend to the Stargate, otherwise known as the toilet, to never be seen again. Brings back memories!!!

What was wrong with the crowd? What are your kind of people?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    cjcp wrote:
    Who's Howard Donald?

Take That.

Do get with it. :wink:

Oh, him! The one with the silly woolly hat? :P
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I loved playing wingman back in the day,

I would get the attention of her friend so she doesn't get jealous drag her chatted up friend to the Stargate, otherwise known as the toilet, to never be seen again.

You were piloting the tug.

Girls always come in pairs, one will always be "better" than the other "better" has a wide variety of meanings from "more pretty" to "more likely"....

The most cunning male stickers the "better" one for himself and manipulates his mate to throw chaff and divert the mate.

This is piloting the tug and very rarely ends up with all parties happy - particularly the tug as she gets the least bright / most pished of a pair off eeejuts making bad conversation with her
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • DonDaddyD
    edited April 2009
    Greg T wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I loved playing wingman back in the day,

I would get the attention of her friend so she doesn't get jealous drag her chatted up friend to the Stargate, otherwise known as the toilet, to never be seen again.

You were piloting the tug.

Girls always come in pairs, one will always be "better" than the other "better" has a wide variety of meanings from "more pretty" to "more likely"....

The most cunning male stickers the "better" one for himself and manipulates his mate to throw chaff and divert the mate.

This is piloting the tug and very rarely ends up with all parties happy - particularly the tug as she gets the least bright / most pished of a pair off eeejuts making bad conversation with her

Dude the Tug is like the antelope with a dodgy hind leg, easy pickings... Think about it! While my friend and 6 other guys are going for the "better" one, I'll focus all my efforts trying to fly the tug.... After all better is subjective to the individual...

Also Tugs are normally very interesting, quirky and with inner depth, how I like them.

On two separate occasions of coming to the Mopeth or is it Morpeth (I’ve never bothered to look) I’ve noticed that Totalnewbie hasn’t ridden a bike… Does she actually ride a bike, or is she a spy?

Though that doesn't mean she shouldn't come... I don't want to do that to the other guys... :oops:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I fully expect you to attend on Friday DDD, and you'd better be on:

A: A brand new Kuota
    B: A SS.
  • DonDaddyD

Nope to Option A and B. If I come I'll be on option C a Giant SCR3. I'm hoping to be able to test ride two Kuota's and a Fondriest on the weekend...

I'll only commit to coming if TotalNewbie can prove that she does in fact own and can ride a bike...
    Food Chain number = 4

• lost_in_thought
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Nope to Option A and B. If I come I'll be on option C a Giant SCR3. I'm hoping to be able to test ride two Kuota's and a Fondriest on the weekend...

I'll only commit to coming if TotalNewbie can prove that she does in fact own and can ride a bike...

She came to the Xmas drinks on a bike, did she not?
  • il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:

She came to the Xmas drinks on a bike, did she not?

The avatar's a bit of a giveaway...

143727387448f2390a3605b.jpg
  • DonDaddyD
    @ L-i-T: I don't think she came on a bike to the X-mas party. Who saw it? I didn't.

@Jash: I guess I'm a Multi-millionaire poet, with a 10yr+ career. My first Album is considered one of if not the best hip hop albums ever made ever and I'm married to one of the most beautiful black princesses Human DnA could ever possibly create.

Seriously, I no longer believe avatar pictures since I found out that NGale was a guy and not Daniel Craig, oh how dissapointed I was.... :?
    Food Chain number = 4

• Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    I'm hoping to get down for some tomorrow, gonna have to remember to pack my lights and my yellow Gil jacket for the ride home, just in case I leave when it's dark.........which is quite likely!

ITB - How early you planning on getting there if you are coming?
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    I'm hoping to get down for some tomorrow, gonna have to remember to pack my lights and my yellow Gil jacket for the ride home, just in case I leave when it's dark.........which is quite likely!

ITB - How early you planning on getting there if you are coming?

Well my friend i'm toying with the idea of cycling from Marlborough :shock: right now it depends on two things, the weather & the condition of a particularly nasty bit of saddle sore :?

I will choose to either cycle the whole way or just the 17 miles to the train station in the morning either way i'm planning on getting in early afternoon ish perhaps even treating myself to a wander around Borough, if I cycle the whole way then I will not have a bike lock or a change of clothes which could be a problem as no doubt LiT will insist on standing outside :P so a little retail therapy might also be in order, where was it spaz is working :wink:

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=7056
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    If TotalNewbie didn't come on her bike, why was she wearing cycling togs? From the conversations I can remember she lived quite close to MA.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    itboffin wrote:
    ....if I cycle the whole way then I will not have a bike lock or a change of clothes which could be a problem as no doubt LiT will insist on standing outside.
    I reckon that could cause more of a problem if you're inside. May be a handy way to clear a table for us tho'.
  • itboffin
    _Brun_ wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    ....if I cycle the whole way then I will not have a bike lock or a change of clothes which could be a problem as no doubt LiT will insist on standing outside.
    I reckon that could cause more of a problem if you're inside. May be a handy way to clear a table for us tho'.

My sweat doesn't smell horrible in fact it smells like chocolate FACT! :wink:
  • itboffin wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

My sweat doesn't smell horrible in fact it smells like chocolate FACT! :wink:

Hmm. Think I'd be pretty wary of accepting any chocolate from you then. :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Bloody hell, DDD, you and your questions...I have no idea why you are going on about wingmen, it was a gig, not a pulling expedition...I was not expected to act as wingman for anyone... :roll: :D

As LiT correctly points out I did turn up to the Xmas drinks on a bike, there are photos of me in cycling gear to prove it, the bike was locked to the railings below...if you think I would parade through London in my cycling gear sans bike just to 'spy' then that's up to you :lol:

I may or may not have my bike tomorrow. We are moving to a new office and had no interweb today because they took our macs; I may well have no interweb tomorrow either. Also, we might go out for 'new office' drinks after work in which case I will be along a bit later (ie when I have had enough of my colleagues). Possibly I may pop home and walk/feed dog before cycling back over the bridge. Redvee is right, I live very close...could even walk it (heresy!)
  • itboffin
    Wish me luck people i'm setting off at 10:00 I expect it'll take me 7-8hrs or so with stops and map reading/wrong turns :shock:

I apologise in advance if i'm unable to talk when I arrive :lol:

I'll be coming in via RP but alas I fear I won't have the strength to give the 3-lap challenge a go this time :wink:
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Nice day for it, I'm quite jealous. Safe journey!
  • il_principe
    itboffin wrote:
    Wish me luck people i'm setting off at 10:00 I expect it'll take me 7-8hrs or so with stops and map reading/wrong turns :shock:

I'll be coming in via RP but alas I fear I won't have the strength to give the 3-lap challenge a go this time :wink:

I'm very jealous! You're crossing over part of the route I took on Sundays 85 miler. Why not skirt south of Guildford and take in Crocknorth rd and Box Hill? :twisted:

Enjoy!
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    itboffin wrote:

Good luck :) Just follow the signs for London :)

There appears to be slight flaw in your plan, which I hesitate to mention as you've probably left already. Once the pub closes, most people go home. Ah well, you'll be back in time for breakfast I guess :)