Silly commuting racing

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Ok, whipped this up in in 5 mins (whilst on my lunch bank) before all the requests for slogans was posted. Feel free to add, criticise and generally ridicule me for taking things far too far for a man with a girlfriend "surely there are better things to do with my time (like work)!" What?

:shock:

ThegamecyclingJersey.jpg
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Attica wrote:
    Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    9am Sunday, yes, let's do it!

Am a bit scared of Jen now - and still scared of CJCP of course - but it should be a good fun. Would personally be happy with Robin Hood or Roehampton gates.

Um, the below facts mean that I will be the one that is scared. Or, rather, terrified.

a. I have been biking for 6 weeks.
    b. If I make it on sunday it will be just my second clipless ride.
    c. I have never met any of you, and have only been on this forum for a couple of days.
    d. It's very easy to *enter* a double iron triathlon, which as all I've done so far...

:D

Christ Jen, I found the UKIM 70.3 hard enough, and I've been riding and running for years. I did learn to swim over the preceding 18 months though.

You do realise that it will take you about a day to do it, that's 24 hours, and that's if you're going some.

Good luck, keep us all posted.

(No GregT not THAT sort of posted, poled or anything similar)

More like 30-35 hours. I ran an 85 mile race a few weeks back in 23 hours, so I'm pretty good at the endurance stuff. It's short and fast I can't do ;)
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Bikeradar will be paying for the jerseys I assume, or have you not ironed out the sponsorship details yet?

There's an element of Swastika in the black bits, DDD! :shock:
  • Jen J
    Greg66 wrote:

I like Biondino's suggestion of MTFU... :D

I think MTFU is great. Really, I do.

But does anyone think it looks a little like MUFC? I wouldn't want anyone thinking I supported them...

:lol:
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Jen J wrote:
    I ran an 85 mile race a few weeks back in 23 hours, so I'm pretty good at the endurance stuff. It's short and fast I can't do ;)

Listen Jen, you seem nice and all but can you just please just feck off and stop making me feel bad about myself.

I'm all for applauding other people's success, actually this may not be true, I hang around the "health issues" thread giggling a like a schoolboy as poster after poster fesses up having infected bum foliciles or shriveled eye lids. I appear to be a jealous and self centred individual who boosts his self esteem by "racing" people he doesn't know and playing nine year olds at Rugby "HOW DID THAT FEEL THEN TIMMY!!!!!".

I digress, Jen - you can book the "I'm fast as feck and fit" win as long as you keep your mahoosive inheritance, lax morals and wide open tracts of land to yourself - deal?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Jen J
    Oooh, there's a health issues thread?

(And I'm not fast. Not by any stretch of the definition of the word 'fast'.

That better?)

Madone

It's all about me...
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg T wrote:
    playing nine year olds at Rugby "HOW DID THAT FEEL THEN TIMMY!!!!!".

Is that what the old folks call it these days?

Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Jen J wrote:
    Attica wrote:
    Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    9am Sunday, yes, let's do it!

Am a bit scared of Jen now - and still scared of CJCP of course - but it should be a good fun. Would personally be happy with Robin Hood or Roehampton gates.

Um, the below facts mean that I will be the one that is scared. Or, rather, terrified.

a. I have been biking for 6 weeks.
    b. If I make it on sunday it will be just my second clipless ride.
    c. I have never met any of you, and have only been on this forum for a couple of days.
    d. It's very easy to *enter* a double iron triathlon, which as all I've done so far...

Christ Jen, I found the UKIM 70.3 hard enough, and I've been riding and running for years. I did learn to swim over the preceding 18 months though.

You do realise that it will take you about a day to do it, that's 24 hours, and that's if you're going some.

Good luck, keep us all posted.

(No GregT not THAT sort of posted, poled or anything similar)

More like 30-35 hours. I ran an 85 mile race a few weeks back in 23 hours, so I'm pretty good at the endurance stuff. It's short and fast I can't do ;)

Holy cr*p.

I physically can't stay awake that long, let alone run.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Greg T
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Shut it!

One word from me and the 70's Coppers will be bouncing galvanised bins off your head and stitching you up in no time.

Don't make me call the Sweeney.

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    edited October 2008

I like Biondino's suggestion of MTFU... :D
    JenJ wrote:
    I think MTFU is great. Really, I do.

But does anyone think it looks a little like MUFC? I wouldn't want anyone thinking I supported them...

:lol:

Good god, that hadn't even occurred to me. I wouldn't want anyone thinking I liked football. But I do like the idea of this conversation:

Scalpee: Man United fan are you?
    Scalper: No...
    (with a non-football-loving scalpee start from here)
    Scalpee: What're the initials on your shorts for then?
    Scalper: Man the f*** up. <rides off into distance like the Thrust SSC before they have a chance to reply>
  • dafruk
    dafruk Posts: 125
    Greg T wrote:
    I digress, Jen - you can book the "I'm fast as feck and fit" win as long as you keep your mahoosive inheritance, lax morals and wide open tracts of land to yourself - deal?
    Lets not be hasty here, I'm happy to hear all about ladies of mahoosive inheritance and lax morals.

Hullo m'darlin'
    FCN 7- Tourer, panniers, Lycra and clipless

What is this game you speak of? Of course I'm not playing...
  • DonDaddyD
    biondino wrote:
    Bikeradar will be paying for the jerseys I assume, or have you not ironed out the sponsorship details yet?

There's an element of Swastika in the black bits, DDD! :shock:

I'm hoping bike radar will either:

Give me a job as a marketing officer or membership development person of some kind.

Make the jerseys and credit me for the design paying me part of the proceeds.

I Didn't notice the Swastika but back in Greco-Roman times (like 2000yrs ago and more) the Swastika was a symbol of luck before Hitler got his hands on it.... I think its time we claim it back!
    Food Chain number = 4

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I Didn't notice the Swastika but back in Greco-Roman times (like 2000yrs ago and more) the Swastika was a symbol of luck before Hitler got his hands on it.... I think its time we claim it back!

I thought it was still a symbol used in Hinduism.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg T wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Shut it!

One word from me and the 70's Coppers will be bouncing galvanised bins off your head and stitching you up in no time.

Don't make me call the Sweeney.

The 70s! Wasn't that when the World was in black and white before technicolour as TV would have me believe.
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    2929393564_526828c086_o.jpg
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Jen J wrote:
    It's short and fast I can't do ;)

Oh me too me too.

:P
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    that's inspired!

I demand one right now.
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    KER-RIST ALMIGHTY PEOPLE

Don't some of you do ANY work? 1 day...1 DAY and you've filled 8 pages full of your meaningless drivel.

Well I for one have better things to do with my time. You won't catch me wasting my time on this thread. Crikey, I'm a responsible employee I am. I respect my employer and the fact that they pay me to do a job....hang on!

moves away from desk, places head between door and door post and slams door as hard as possible...returns to desk

Sorry about that, I think my boss had somehow temporarily invaded my brain.

Now where were we...

Sunday ride 9am Roehampton Gate, maybe, I have an almighty party on Saturday night so will see how the head feels

As for the shirt, good work, but when we first discussed having badges, I remember the BEST suggestion (aka mine) was "I'm not trying"...no I know it wasn't mine really but it is bl**dy good.
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    edited October 2008
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastica

Now, are we agreeing Sunday, 9am by Roehampton gate? If not could we take this to another, RP centric thread so that the non-London-Ninnies don't start moaning about how London isn't the centre of the universe (technically correct, but it is the capital of it) and that people do live elsewhere (none that we care about) ;)
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • DonDaddyD
    cjcp wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Probably, may be one of those Worldwide symbols, which is why Hitler's design crew got their hands on it.

I remember seeing ruins of a - either - Greek or Roman villa with a mosaic containing the Swastika. That said, the person who made the mosaic could have been Hindu.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    cjcp wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Probably, may be one of those Worldwide symbols, which is why Hitler's design crew got their hands on it.

I remember seeing ruins of a - either - Greek or Roman villa with a mosaic containing the Swastika. That said the person who made the mosaic could have been Hindu.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Littigator wrote:
    KER-RIST ALMIGHTY PEOPLE

Don't some of you do ANY work? 1 day...1 DAY and you've filled 8 pages full of your meaningless drivel.

Well I for one have better things to do with my time. You won't catch me wasting my time on this thread. Crikey, I'm a responsible employee I am. I respect my employer and the fact that they pay me to do a job....hang on!

moves away from desk, places head between door and door post and slams door as hard as possible...returns to desk

Sorry about that, I think my boss had somehow temporarily invaded my brain.

Now where were we...

Sunday ride 9am Roehampton Gate, maybe, I have an almighty party on Saturday night so will see how the head feels

As for the shirt, good work, but when we first discussed having badges, I remember the BEST suggestion (aka mine) was "I'm not trying"...no I know it wasn't mine really but it is bl**dy good.

Yes, it was, you're right... had forgotten about that one. Not mine either BTW.
  • Jen J wrote:
    It's short and fast I can't do ;)

Oh me too me too.

:P

Are you talking about dwarves again Jashburnham? :D
  • Greg T
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I remember seeing ruins of a - either - Greek or Roman villa with a mosaic containing the Swastika. That said the person who made the mosaic could have been Hindu.

Only in the SCR thread would that little gem twinke in the darkness, practically un-noticed as in any way unusual.

• DonDaddyD
    edited October 2008
    Greg T wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Only in the SCR thread would that little gem twinke in the darkness, practically un-noticed as in any way unusual.

Blonde moment (I can't explain why saying that is so impossibly funny to me):

Why is my above post a gem....? It, I am afraid, has gone over even my head.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Greg T wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I actually preferred the early idea of it being a worldwide logo that Hitler's design team sourced....I didn't think google was around back then :-)

I think we should have the pic from the facebook group on the jersey BTW.....
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Blonde moment (I can't explain why saying that is so impossibly funny to me)

DjibrilCisse_468x316.jpg

(honest I'm not being racist - this makes some kind of sense unless I completely misunderstood why the thought of you being blonde is funny :oops: )
  • DonDaddyD
    Swastika:

Equilateral cross with its arms bent at right angles, all in the same rotary direction, usually clockwise. It is used widely throughout the world as a symbol of prosperity and good fortune. In India, it continues to be the most common auspicious symbol of Hindus and Jains, as well as for Buddhists, for whom it symbolizes the Buddha’s feet or footprints. In China and Japan, where it traveled with the spread of Buddhism, it has been used to denote plurality, prosperity, and long life. It occurs as a motif in early Christian and Byzantine art, as well as in Maya and Navajo art. The counterclockwise swastika, suggested as a general anti-Semitic symbol in 1910 by the German poet and nationalist Guido von List, was adopted as the symbol of the Nazi Party at its founding in 1919 – 20.

Worlwide symbol of good fortune and posperity that Hitler's design team got their hands on...

The depth of my knowledge is astronomical!
    Food Chain number = 4

• Greg T
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Blonde moment (I can't explain why saying that is so impossibly funny to me):

Why is my above post a gem....? It, I am afraid, has gone over even my head.

The thread meanders wildly and in many directions at once, in one page you'll have references to huge rings, cider drininking yokels, LiTs beinhg stalked by roadies, the Sweeney and Graeco-classical architectural embellishments that may or may not have been carved by a Hindu.

It's all very eclectic

• DonDaddyD
    edited October 2008
    biondino wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Blonde moment (I can't explain why saying that is so impossibly funny to me)

DjibrilCisse_468x316.jpg

(honest I'm not being racist - this makes some kind of sense unless I completely misunderstood why the thought of you being blonde is funny :oops: )

DOH!!!

D_oh.jpg

I forgot that it is in fact possible.

Why would I think you were being racist :?: You posted a picture of a black man with yellow hair who at the time was obviously in direct competition with Greg66 in the 'I look so gay, I'm not gay' tournament.... :twisted:

Biondino have you ever seen Avenue Q? :wink:
    Food Chain number = 4