Silly commuting racing

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    edited October 2008
    9am it is then folks. Robin Hood gate is fine, give me a chance to warm up first. As is Roehampton. Carpark could be a good bet.

Oh and as for SCR team kit, I'm wigh Greg on this one, red please. Red, white and black. I simply must be coordinated! :oops:

Edit

This is a social ride isn't it? :shock:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited October 2008
    Greg66 wrote:
    I fully support the SCR club idea. I'm about to join a club, whittling down the possibilities, but this could solve all my problems!

The kit would have to be red... what would Greg66 do otherwise? Mind you, this would give us all a +1 on the FCN.

This girl is a frickin' genius. And so plainly right, it's not true.

I'm thinking designs. I'm thinking "SCR" plastered across the bum, and something that incorporates some cross-hairs. Haven't decided whether to incorporate them into the "C", or whether to have one on each butt-cheek.

Decisions, decisions.

I'll need to have a lie down before I bottom this one out. :wink: [/b]

AND
    Jashgayman wrote:
    Oh and as for SCR team kit, I'm wigh Greg on this one, red please. Red, white and black. I simply must be coordinated

Sigh, on page 268 I posted this:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    If this takes off it combined with traditional friday 'Mopeth Arms drinks' (which I've yet to attend) might even qualify us as an informal cycling group.... all we need now is matching cycling kits. I suggest that Greg66 doesn't pick the colour, 'iridescent-cinnamon' (or a dark shade of orange - because to me they mostly amount to the same thing) is not a colour....

The bit in bold, I see I wrote that for good reason!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    sc999cs wrote:
    I wouldn't be able to get up for 9am on a Sunday! :?

MTFU Man

I'll be halfway through my Saturday ride by then.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sc999cs
    sc999cs Posts: 596
    Attica wrote:
    sc999cs wrote:

MTFU Man

Yeah, but I'm lazy.
    Steve C
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Greg66 wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    9am Sunday, yes, let's do it!

Am a bit scared of Jen now - and still scared of CJCP of course - but it should be a good fun. Would personally be happy with Robin Hood or Roehampton gates.

Which gate is which? Better yet, which is the one that you get to when you come past the Priory?

Roehampton.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • attica
    Attica wrote:
    sc999cs wrote:

MTFU Man

Err, I meant Sunday, I'm not that dedicated
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    How about something with "SCR: The Game" on it?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Greg66 wrote:
    I fully support the SCR club idea. I'm about to join a club, whittling down the possibilities, but this could solve all my problems!

The kit would have to be red... what would Greg66 do otherwise? Mind you, this would give us all a +1 on the FCN.

This girl is a frickin' genius. And so plainly right, it's not true.

I'm thinking designs. I'm thinking "SCR" plastered across the bum, and something that incorporates some cross-hairs. Haven't decided whether to incorporate them into the "C", or whether to have one on each butt-cheek.

Decisions, decisions.

I'll need to have a lie down before I bottom this one out. :wink:

About time someone acknowledged my brilliance... :D

I like the SCR across the bum, I also think we need to incorporate 'It's not a race' somewhere...

Oh and that little pun didn't slip by either. You should be fined.
  • il_principe
    Attica wrote:
    sc999cs wrote:

MTFU Man

So you yokels cycle as fast as you think then eh? :lol:
  • il_principe
    symo wrote:
    How about something with "SCR: The Game" on it?

No no no; to mention the Game would be to break the first rule.

Perhaps a graphical depiction of a freshly plucked scalp?
  • attica
    Too slow Jash, too slow
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • jojo90
    jojo90 Posts: 178
    I was out running 2 days ago and beat a guy with paniers going up a hill....
  • il_principe
    Dammit! Some of us at least have to appear to be working.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    SCR in the oldest, classiest font we can find, I reckon.
  • Typing looks like work... it's the giggling that causes problems...
  • cjcp
    sc999cs wrote:
    Attica wrote:
    sc999cs wrote:

MTFU Man

Yeah, but I'm lazy.

I don't so much as get up as get dragged out of bed by the feet by my 3 year old at 7am.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."

• I like the SCR across the bum, I also think we need to incorporate 'It's not a race' somewhere...

Try as I might, I have not been able to conjure a single entendre out of that. Bollox.

I'm thinking "LOSER!" written down the left leg and "ACTIVE RECOVERY IN PROGRESS" written down the right leg.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    Greg66 wrote:

I like the SCR across the bum, I also think we need to incorporate 'It's not a race' somewhere...

Try as I might, I have not been able to conjure a single entendre out of that. Bollox.

I'm thinking "LOSER!" written down the left leg and "ACTIVE RECOVERY IN PROGRESS" written down the right leg.

Mmm I like that - prohibits any riding on the continent of course...
  • cjcp
    Greg66 wrote:

What about "SEE YA!"
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • sc999cs

So you yokels cycle as fast as you think then eh? :lol:

How far outside the North Circular constitutes 'yokel land'?
    Steve C
  • attica
    How about."Ask me nicely and you can have your scalp back" across the bum.

That said I doubt anybody on here has a bum big enough to fit that lot on.

I do like G66's left/right leg idea though
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Good damn! I disapper for 5 minutes to find out what those on the cake stop have been saying about LiT and come back to 2 pages! JAYSUS!

I'm with LiT on the working bit, I can get away with frantically typing away but my laughing is a dead giveaway!

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it out for a ride on Sunday, which is a shame as I'm dying to ride round that blasted park! Maybe next time :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Greg66 wrote:

Let alone a double entendre...

I think 'IT'S NOT A RACE' has to go on one leg...

And why couldn't it be used on the continent?
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    biondino wrote:

Am a bit scared of Jen now - and still scared of CJCP of course - but it should be a good fun. Would personally be happy with Robin Hood or Roehampton gates.

Um, the below facts mean that I will be the one that is scared. Or, rather, terrified.

a. I have been biking for 6 weeks.
    b. If I make it on sunday it will be just my second clipless ride.
    c. I have never met any of you, and have only been on this forum for a couple of days.
    d. It's very easy to *enter* a double iron triathlon, which as all I've done so far...

:D
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • cjcp
    Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Um, the below facts mean that I will be the one that is scared. Or, rather, terrified.

c. I have never met any of you, and have only been on this forum for a couple of days.
    d. It's very easy to *enter* a double iron triathlon, which as all I've done so far...

I would be a wee bit more sh*t scared of doing (d) than meeting us lot if I were you. :lol:

You gotta bike, so it's all good. 8) See you at 9am. I'll enter the park at Kingston Gate, so I'll meet you at Robin Hood Gate if you like. Possibly wearing club kit and will be riding a silver and black Scott.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."

• Let alone a double entendre...

A double is well beyond my ambition and ability, my dear.

On the continent, you'd be passed on your left. Giving your scalper the message "LOSER" doesn't quite work...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • attica
    Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Christ Jen, I found the UKIM 70.3 hard enough, and I've been riding and running for years. I did learn to swim over the preceding 18 months though.

You do realise that it will take you about a day to do it, that's 24 hours, and that's if you're going some.

Good luck, keep us all posted.

(No GregT not THAT sort of posted, poled or anything similar)
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sc999cs
    Why don't you get a bunch of cloth badges made up with pictures of panniers or bromptons etc and stich them to your shorts everytime you get a new scalp (or 5 or 10 etc) - a bit ike scout badges?
    Steve C
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Okay. MTFU for the left leg, as that's what they'll see when we scalp them, and a grudging CHAPEAU for the right leg in case we get righteously pwned.
  • Greg66 wrote:

Let alone a double entendre...

A double is well beyond my ambition and ability, my dear.

On the continent, you'd be passed on your left. Giving your scalper the message "LOSER" doesn't quite work...

Ahhhhhhhhhh I see. I was thinking down the backs of the legs rather than the sides.

I like Biondino's suggestion of MTFU... :D