Silly commuting racing

1253025312532253325342536»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064

@mr_ribble clearly he is an FCN 0 wannabe

Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • mr_ribble
    mr_ribble Posts: 1,068

If anyone was watching the Olympics last night... Aussie Track Guy was bossing it on the front of the team pursuit (rumours rumours...)

Remember kids.... SCR on Embankment can set you up for GOLD

• vincesummerskRoxcBTr
    edited August 8

I've got this image now of a peleton of mixed bikes and riders bombing through city streets. Is it worth televising?

• mr_ribble

Yes!!!! Not only that, it should have its own dedicated channel

• mr_ribble

Anyone who is cycling along CS7 knows that the whole section from Tooting Broadway up to Balham is now officially neutral given that's its just back to back roadworks

Just after Tooting Broadway, I was waiting at a set of lights next to a guy on a very throaty Indian motorbike. You can imagine my amazement when at Elephant and Castle I was still keeping up with him. I managed to hold on to him the whole way to Southwark Bridge Road.... How many horsepowers did he have vs my legs?

• mr_ribble

chopper dripping in Rapha..... such a cliche

• mr_ribble

What is it about Rapha wearers.... the one on CS7 would go flat out through any red light where no cars were involved, but stopped when there were vehicles... All the gear .. but no engine. Caught up with him after ever red light and duly dispatched him like a football thug eating a Greggs steak bake on a Saturday afternoon.

• mr_ribble

Had a lady ask me about my shoes at E&C as well.... :)

• mr_ribble

What a wind....

• mr_ribble

Junction of Clapham Road and Caldwell Road

Wearing a Brixton Cycles jersey.... shaved legs like a burd.... STRAIGHT THROUGH THE RED LIGHTS... like a chopper

Would have been quick otherwise

In fact he went through most of the red lights like he just didnt care

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,533
    edited September 2

Had some SCR today. Full kit Rapha rider, clipped, aero road helmet no rucksack obviously jumped the light to turn left onto my road.

Passed on the right given the momentum I was carrying. *clunk clunk* he accelerated so ended up half wheeling and not letting me in.

Put on the burners, seated, to get in front. Got a bit of a gap but red light stopped play and he jumped. Boooo

Not before passing *on the inside* and swerving into me as he did. Tosser.