S*** Small Races 2023

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Looks hot in spain
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095

Impressive by UAE there . Classic Yates . Bardet blew a gasket . Jorgensen is a engine .

Great to see Bernal get a solid 8th there
    He was Cyril Guimard's man of the race and thinks it bodes well for the future.
    The French pundits were also not impressed with ag2r.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    davidof said:

Impressive by UAE there . Classic Yates . Bardet blew a gasket . Jorgensen is a engine .

Great to see Bernal get a solid 8th there
    He was Cyril Guimard's man of the race and thinks it bodes well for the future.
    The French pundits were also not impressed with ag2r.
    Surprised they noticed them at all with Pinot, the French kiddy (Lennart?) and sprinter Bardet all riding 😅
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Who won the piglet?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited May 2023

Who won the piglet?

Laurent Pichon again. Bad news for the piglet

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/ive-won-three-pigs-and-i-almost-certainly-ate-them-tro-bro-leon-and-cyclings-oddest-prize

Nizzolo won the actual race - Israel's first win I think.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    Yummy bacon
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Pretty heavyweight lineup of sprinters in Hungary.
  • mrb123
    Nasty crash for Bernal towards the end. Looks like he did finish the stage.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,159
    Not sure how many more heavy falls he can take.
  • mrb123
    Worth watching the sprint from Hungary yesterday. Jakobsen's finish was reminiscent of Cav in his prime. Proper afterburners.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    GP Herning (1.2) - a nice little gravel sections race - saw Valgren take a third place today with a strong ride, good to see his recovery still progressing. Mathias Norsgaard took the win with a huge solo effort.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    S5 of Tour de Hongrie cancelled due to weather. The riders did 8 laps around the circuit for the fans.

Lucky them!
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,540
    Bloomin fun race to watch in Brittany today (les Boucles de l'Aulne), and nice to cheer on a Devon boy...

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,540
    edited May 2023
    If anyone's interested, here are some of my photos from Sunday's race... sadly we had to leave before the end, but a really great race to watch, as it somes through the town so many times, from various directions, and the locals were lapping it up.

https://www.facebook.com/unanglaisendiois/posts/pfbid02n65TzDnesDdh71KrdtRZTupsMWbiXrHsgxH4jAGxGtZW5bKYXqS8MaQzZPGaNzuul

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Not much action in todays Circuit of Wallonia, the riders have been stood by road side for an hour. Apparently there’s been a crash of motorbikes up the road.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    webboo said:

Not much action in todays Circuit of Wallonia, the riders have been stood by road side for an hour. Apparently there’s been a crash of motorbikes up the road.

Y, race was stopped for around 90 minutes then the remaining route was altered I think (wasn’t paying too much attention as I whizzed through the race on GCN last night after similar with the Giro stage). Sprint finish won by Jordi Meeus of Bora..
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    ~64Km of RideLondon Classique stage 1 left, live on bbc https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cycling/65585787
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    edited May 2023

~64Km of RideLondon Classique stage 1 left, live on bbc https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cycling/65585787

Been trying to figure out why SD Worx are not riding. Thought WT teams were required to ride WT races. Women's WT different?

It'll be nice to see a different team crossing the line mind you.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Ben Tulett wins Tour of Norway prologue by 1s over team mate Magnus Sheffield
  • davieb78
    davieb78 Posts: 99
    JimD666 said:

Been trying to figure out why SD Worx are not riding. Thought WT teams were required to ride WT races. Women's WT different?

Yeah, not a requirement for them to ride all the WT races (because of the smaller amount of riders in teams - usually 14/15 - and the rapidly growing calendar, both making it too difficult)
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    JimD666 said:

They have a team in the Tour of Thugen? Which is on at the moment.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    edited May 2023
    Worth a watch tomorrow. The Mercan'Tour Classic Alpes Maritime.

A smattering of big names taking part: Carapaz, Fuglsang, Guillaume Martin, Gall and Chris Froome...

Live coverage from Midday to 3pm.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Looks like Froome might just make it to the top of the penultimate climb in the peloton again.

EF setting it up for Carapaz, should be a decent battle up the last climb.
  • kingstongraham
    And all of a sudden, absolutely pissing down as they go on the descent.
  • blazing_saddles
    Gall chasing Carapaz but all he’s doing is holding station.
  • Pross
    Nearly closed now and Carapaz doesn't seem to have anything else to drop him. Carapaz probabl;y has the edge in a sprint but is looking increasingly desperate.
  • Pross
    Looks like Gall may have blown now though.
  • kingstongraham
    Lenny Martinez in 4th - good effort.
  • blazing_saddles
    Chris Froome ended up finishing 14th, five places and two minutes ahead of team mate Jakob Fuglsang.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Keegan Swenson won the race that CyclingNews and VeloNews seem to think is the biggest race on the cycling calendar.
    Twitter: @RichN95