S*** Small Races 2023

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

Those Specialized TT helmets with the integrated snoogie do look absolutely hideous and should be banned on asthetics grounds.

I concur
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    PTP carnage as Simon Yates abandons Stage 1 with what the team are describing as "sudden stomach issues".

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,159
    andyp said:

PTP carnage as Simon Yates abandons Stage 1 with what the team are describing as "sudden stomach issues".

Do we still get half points if Adam Yates wins?
  • mididoctors
    Ineos riding hard for Ethan ,..droped a rake of sprinter's ..long way to go
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Cav and Rui Costa pack
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Lutsenko was dns with covid
  • Cav and Rui Costa pack

What happened to Cav? Watching on PCS live ticker but strange he's abandoned if he didn't have a dicky tummy
  • andyp
    Swiss efficiency in action as G2 end up going off course.
  • mididoctors
    No idea on cav..was dropped by ineos pace on early climb ....
  • mididoctors
    edited April 2023
    Vernon ...muscled it from the front ... hayter went backwards
  • mididoctors
    Hayter pulled a pedal
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

Hayter pulled his foot out.
  • mididoctors
    webboo said:

Hayter pulled his foot out.
    Yeah clear on the overhead

• andyp
    Bardet fourth! In a bunch gallop! What is going on?
  • Pross
    Vernon needs to put more effort in on the climbs, he's got the stage and all the other jerseys except KoM.
  • mididoctors
    andyp said:

Remember him doing that lead out for dsm sprinter? ( Who was it) bardet has a sprint
  • kingstongraham

andyp said:

Remember him doing that lead out for dsm sprinter? ( Who was it) bardet has a sprint
    Dainese, stage 11 in last year's Giro.
  • mididoctors

andyp said:

Dainese, stage 11 in last year's Giro.
    That's the one
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Hayter takes it with some ease in Romadie
  • Pross
    Hayter takes the spint comfortably despite it looking like Ineos had run out of riders a bit too soon. Bernal doing a great ride and then Narvaez managed to hold on for a very long lead out under pressure from DSM. Very close for the podium positions TBC.
  • mididoctors
    Entertaining run in...
  • kingstongraham
    Bardet third in the "sprint" again.

It was weird, DSM had two riders but neither of them went for it while Narvaez was running out of juice, so Hayter just waited anyway.
  • Feels very much like a B team race this

Classics riders are taking a break after the Classics and no one going to the Giro is interested
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 825
    Any idea what the long term development plan for Hayter is. Is he targeting classics or GTs or is he doomed to forever hoover up the hilly and time trial stages of B list week long stage races?
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • andyp

Any idea what the long term development plan for Hayter is. Is he targeting classics or GTs or is he doomed to forever hoover up the hilly and time trial stages of B list week long stage races?

Ethan or Leo?
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 825
    andyp said:

Ethan or Leo?
    Well, the thread hasn't mentioned Leo at all, but top marks for pedantry if you must.....or I might just edit my post to make you look like a censored.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • kingstongraham
    I think keeping Leo company would be a plan.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570

I was wondering the same earlier today. I can't see him ever really kicking on and challenging the big boys. But there's worse achievements than winning a few pro races a year including the odd world tour stage.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctors
    A Yates was very active .... Bardet is looking good
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    gsk82 said:

I was wondering the same earlier today. I can't see him ever really kicking on and challenging the big boys. But there's worse achievements than winning a few pro races a year including the odd world tour stage.

A Simon Gerrans type perhaps?
    Twitter: @RichN95