S*** Small Races 2023

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    Remco is down to ride on Sunday so that might make things more interesting. Surprised he didn't ride today and AGR too.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,198
    Jensen going full vernacular in his post race interview 😊
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,655
    Who was that DSM rider who came steaming up the right-hand-side to do an absolute flyer only to be blocked? Felt for him > was a massive effort.
  • Pross

Who was that DSM rider who came steaming up the right-hand-side to do an absolute flyer only to be blocked? Felt for him > was a massive effort.

Bardet, he held his position for a while afterwards and then tried again. Worth a try but he was never going to hold on after that effort even if he'd got through the gap.
  • rick_chasey
    Yeah that was unlucky.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Ulissi and Hirschi made that (relatively) easy for Pog - once he was coming in to the climb in the first few, he was likely to take it.

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    EF need to sort out their tactics. Healy was a long way back, whilst Chaves hung around at the front, only to fade and end up only a few metres ahead of Healy at the finish.
  • Pross
    Healy looked like he wanted to go on the penultimate climb but didn't seem to have the legs to do it.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    andyp said:

EF need to sort out their tactics. Healy was a long way back, whilst Chaves hung around at the front, only to fade and end up only a few metres ahead of Healy at the finish.

Tell Dan martin
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Healy looked like he wanted to go on the penultimate climb but didn't seem to have the legs to do it.

I saw that too

UAE literally riding too fast

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    edited April 2023

Not powlesses season

He was going fairly well. Then I picked him for P2P duties and it all went bum over elbows
  • Pross
    edited April 2023
    Movistar managed not to mess up at Tour Of The Alps. They had 4 in the break with Muhlberger then getting off the front with two others to take the sprint from Traeen.

Bizarrely none of the 3 Movistar riders behind tried to chase their own man down.
  • mididoctors
    Movistar instigate large break and get the payoff in the Alps

Status quo behind on GC
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Pross said:

Movistar managed not to mess up at Tour Of The Alps. They had 4 in the break with Muhlberger then getting off the front with two others to take the sprint from Traeen.

Bizarrely none of the 3 Movistar riders behind tried to chase their own man down.

Someone broke Movistar
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,974
    Faulty team radio?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors
    Sketchy descent in the wet at tour of Alps . No one taking risks .
  • mididoctors
    Simon Carr heading for the win solo
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    Simon Carr is in good form isn't he.
  • mididoctors
    Old skool team sky energy from ineos....

Lack of opposition flatters a little but is was pro level control
  • mididoctors

Simon Carr is in good form isn't he.

EF have been lively of late
  • mididoctors
    Ag2r not a vintage season so far
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Very Anglo race. 3 Stages to anglophones, whole GC to anglophones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

They're one of five WT teams without a WT win, along with Intermarche, Arkea, Astana and Groupama
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95. said:

They're one of five WT teams without a WT win, along with Intermarche, Arkea, Astana and Groupama
    I wonder what 3 of those teams have in common

#deuxvitesses
  • rick_chasey
    Valverde turning up and immediately winning gravel races shows how far behind they are.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    It does seem to be like retirement league for pro cycling.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • kingstongraham
    That kit is minging.
  • kingstongraham
    edited April 2023
    Rui Costa's chainring breaks completely in the Romandie prologue and he ends up at the bottom of the starting ramp with the big ring hanging off his pedal. Also fecks his knee, but gets on a road bike and rolls in almost 5 minutes down.

• kingstongraham
    Quickstep taking over from EF in the "most ridiculous looking TT headgear" contest - and it seems to be working for them.

3 in the top ten at Romandie with Cerny winning the prologue

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    Those Specialized TT helmets with the integrated snoogie do look absolutely hideous and should be banned on asthetics grounds.