S*** Small Races 2023

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Touch of wheels?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • I know it's been said before but I can't believe someone at Ineos signed off on that kit design.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325

Touch of wheels?

Looked more like he went bombing around the outside and was caught by either a change in surface or a bump. TGH definitely wasn't happy with it (not clear whether it's the finish or the rider that earnt his ire, tbf)
  • mididoctors

I know it's been said before but I can't believe someone at Ineos signed off on that kit design.

The designer made double money by using same design for Bahrain
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Spectacular vistas
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

Hackney represent parte Deux

Stokey massive in da house
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors

N16 E5 mandem
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    edited April 2023
    Lucky Lorenzo Fortunato going well ahead of the Giro too

Geraint Thomas not so much
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

N16 E5 mandem
    Bah, I was actually N4, but Southern end of that, just off Blackstock Rd
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    edited April 2023

N16 E5 mandem
    Bah, I was actually N4, but Southern end of that, just off Blackstock Rd
    Where the f is that? You need a visa to go there? What currency do they use

• mididoctors

Lucky Lorenzo Fortunato going well ahead of the Giro too

Geraint Thomas not so much

I actually think the slightly under cooked guys will be up.there... ☯️ is well sharp

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    Is it harsh to include FW in this thread? I can't be bothered to start one but 7km left in the women's race and there was a fairly big crash with just under 10km to go that took out Brand and Cecilie amongst others. Van Vleuten looking out of form again and starting to struggle.
  • Pross
    Vollering has thinned it down to around 10 riders on the penultimate climb with half of them sruggling to hold the wheel.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Superb ride by Vollering. It's such a brutal finish.
  • mididoctors
    She totally crushed the bunch
  • Pross
    Vollering takes it, no-one working with her in the front group meant another group got up to them before the Muur then at the foot of the climb she upped the pressure with only Niewiadoma being able to briefly follow her. Lippert and another rider then closed the gap with a few hundred metres left but had burned their matches in the process with Vollering simply upping the pace again to pull clear from Lippert as soon as she reached her back wheel.
  • Pross
    edited April 2023
    Even though she was getting closed down it never looked like she would get beaten as her ride was under control whilst the others were giving it everything to get back to her.

Not sure she ever got out of the saddle.
  • Pross
    Realini finished strongly to take third but was too far back.
  • Pross
    I can see Pog doing similar to that in the men's race (if he hasn't broken them earlier).

Given the lumps they have to deal with on the circuit I'm always surprised how big a group always ends up fighting it out up the Muur to finish (and how so many of the riders then still go way too early despite seeing others fail every year).
  • In the office today, so can't watch

Has Valverde won yet?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760

In the office today, so can't watch

Has Valverde won yet?

He's back competing for movistar in gravel races, so probably could win it.
  • mididoctors
    edited April 2023
    Is the sea land still a thing...always felt sorry for the sealions
  • Pross
    Kemna takes the stage win in the Tour of the Alps with Vlasov second 4 seconds back as the jersey group just caught Cepeda on the line. Cepeda held on to third with TGH 4th. TGH retains his GC lead.
  • mididoctors
    Not powlesses season
  • mididoctors
    Frisky at the fleche but looks on script still
  • mididoctors
    J
    pidcock nowhere

pog went deep but was the strongest
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Without Roglic and possibly Evenepoel it's kind of pointless. I wonder how MvdP would do or if it's too steep for too long.
    Not sure why Pidcock doesn't place better at this race.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • Pross
    Pog just toyed with them, commentators talking about it not being easy but it was about as comfortable as it gets on that climb. Jensen second from Landa. Woods, who looked good all the way up the final climb held onto 4th.

Pidcock looked well positioned briefly but again went backwards quickly.
  • mididoctors
    m.r.m. said:

Without Roglic and possibly Evenepoel it's kind of pointless. I wonder how MvdP would do or if it's too steep for too long.
    Not sure why Pidcock doesn't place better at this race.

Think he left his legs near Limburg
  • mididoctors
    Do you think it's the same sealion ...looks massive and fat