S*** Small Races 2023

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    andyp said:

Persico barely did a turn on the front and yet still the others towed her to the line. Do they not know that she has a pretty devastating sprint for a rider able to handle the climbs?

They do now

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Cav absolutely nowhere on flat sprint stage in Sicily.
    Astana got a lot of work to do.
  • mididoctors
    edited April 2023
    Rémi going full squares for the podium
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    2.5 to go, 2 off the front, RemyC at 35s and peloton 1m11 behind
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    EF rider (Healy?) discovers karma's a real bitch
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    Healy out gunned
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    ddraver said:

EF rider (Healy?) discovers karma's a real censored

I think he knew he was fucked, so sat on in the hope that Godon might tire himself out enough to lose a sprint.
  • andyp
    I have to say that it's interesting how Healy's ability to sniff out a winning move, which he had in spades in the u23 ranks, has successfully transferred through to the professional ranks.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    Healy did the only thing he could do after being unable to get away on one of the final climbs. Good ride but didn't have the power to win it one on one.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    Mad_Malx said:

He looked well positioned when I first switched on with a good few kms to go but somehow ended up way too far back in the final 2-3km and was never going to make it up. Suspect he realised and didn't bother trying, he wasn't the only one who seemed to get caught out.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Pross said:

Mad_Malx said:

He looked well positioned when I first switched on with a good few kms to go but somehow ended up way too far back in the final 2-3km and was never going to make it up. Suspect he realised and didn't bother trying, he wasn't the only one who seemed to get caught out.
    Eolo kometa drilled it for the last 3km with a single line of riders, and nobody could move up at all. Viviani nowhere either.

Then they got beat by Bonifazio, who just stayed in the right place and blew them away at the end.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    pblakeney said:

I don’t think anyone is arguing that Pog is better than Merckx. Yet.
    Simply that he may be the best all rounder since.

Hinault?

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,974

pblakeney said:

I don’t think anyone is arguing that Pog is better than Merckx. Yet.
    Simply that he may be the best all rounder since.

Hinault?

Potential health issues aside I predict Pog will end up having a wider overall palmares.
    Whether he tops Hinault for GTs is a long way off being predictable.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors
    Swiss lad held off charging peloton in Sicily ... boy done good
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Can't help thinking there's some false equivalence going on. The magic numbers were always 6.4-6.7 W/Kg - but that was based on proper long efforts, 30+ minute climbs. 7 sounds ridiculous, because we've got 6.4 stuck in our heads. 10-11 minute efforts are a different kettle of fish
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,655
    Sure. Article goes through all of that tbf.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Tour of the Jura looked miserable today, for racers and spectators.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mididoctors
    davidof said:

Tour of the Jura looked miserable today, for racers and spectators.

Surprising numbers never the less

• ddraver
    "Winter" has been upside down this year in the mountains...
    - @ddraver
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Tour des Alpes looks just as grim, with added snow.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mididoctors
    Of course possovivo is riding for Israel
  • mididoctors
    Who else
  • mididoctors
    Hackney represent
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Tao! My Man! Second stage win of the season
  • mididoctors
    Hugh nearly made it ....
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Hugh nearly made it ....

Got caught for second as well :-(
  • mididoctors

Hugh nearly made it ....

Got caught for second as well :-(
    Going full shapes ...paper boying it .

Ineos are overmatching the rest there. Embarrassing if they don't win big here
  • andyp
    Very mature performance from Geoghegan-Hart there, kept his cool, maintained a gap to Carthy that he could close, then timed his effort to perfection.
  • mididoctors
    Hackney represent parte Deux