Le Tour de Femmes, race chat

Comments

• Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Considering everything, this chase hasn't dropped as much time as I expected.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790

Considering everything, this chase hasn't dropped as much time as I expected.

Yes somehow they are losing a little at a time
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    WC to lead out longborghini
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    MvdD has sat on so has vos a bit
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Another rider slides out of the peloton, fortunately nobody else caught.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    ELB goes long, Balsamo blown having done a job for her...
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Bit of finessing on this climb?
  • mididoctors
    Longborghini goes long ... MvdD dropped fights back
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited July 2022
    Vos goes long again on the final sprint, nobody can get on her wheel and Vos takes it. Brutal stage.
  • mididoctors
    VOS STAGE AND YELLOW
  • mididoctors
    30 secs to the bunch
  • mididoctors
    Last 30 km is worth watching
  • mididoctors
    Riders coming in one's and twos

Ludwig loses 1 :38
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Those Jumbo Visma tops look bloody awful in this race as well, don't they?
  • mididoctors
    More of that please
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,133
    That last km was like an MTF the pace they were going. Some dodgy manouvering by Vos at times I felt. Talking up the lead out by Balsamo but she pulled off with the best part of a km left to go so I don't think it really helped that much.
  • mididoctors

I like they are easy to spot ...
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581

Too many pinks, blues and blacks in the women's peleton
  • mididoctors
    AvV interview yet?
  • mididoctors
    alan_a said:

I am just ignorant ..I need to just bed in my eyeballs
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    Niewiadoma and Longo Borghini shouldn't have mucked around with the track sprint and just gone full out for the time gap.

I think it's fair to say that the bike handling skill across the women's peloton is a bit inconsistent. Add that to the crosswinds and it becomes crazy stuff.
    Fun stuff to watch, not so much fun to be involved in.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Lanterne_Rogue

Niewiadoma and Longo Borghini shouldn't have mucked around with the track sprint and just gone full out for the time gap.

I think it's fair to say that the bike handling skill across the women's peloton is a bit inconsistent. Add that to the crosswinds and it becomes crazy stuff.

I think the women's peloton is still more variable than the men's, for sure - that must have an influence on the crashes as well, as more riders are being put on the limit just to hang in the peloton.

Cavalli out and off to hospital with potential concussion - not surprised given she went A over T at quite a bit of pace.
  • alan_a

alan_a said:

Took me 5 stages of the Women's Tour to bed in my eyeballs... And I was on the mic 🤣
  • mididoctors
    alan_a said:

alan_a said:

Took me 5 stages of the Women's Tour to bed in my eyeballs... And I was on the mic 🤣
    Not a ringing endorsement of women race organisation.... Just saying 😅
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    FDJ's DS being interviewed. Says Marta Cavalli radioed to say she was continuing and they told her in no uncertain terms not to be so stupid. "We are not playing with our riders' lives."
  • mididoctors

Well they ain't going to improve not racing at high intensity... It did feel like a lot of the riders where feeling the pressure .

The narrowing roads with street furniture crosswind would not unlikely produce a crash in the men's peloton .... Maybe not 3 in quick succession
  • alan_a
    Tomorrow's penultimate climb 900m @12%

Absolute brute of a wee thing

Don't drink 2019 Moet. 10,000 frenchmen and a 9yr old Scot peed on those vines.
  • alan_a

alan_a said:

alan_a said:

Not a ringing endorsement of women race organisation.... Just saying 😅
    If in doubt I just talked about Sammi or Dani in the fluro yello of CAMs 🤣
  • Pross

FDJ's DS being interviewed. Says Marta Cavalli radioed to say she was continuing and they told her in no uncertain terms not to be so stupid. "We are not playing with our riders' lives."

It's good that teams are finally taking this seriously.
  • Pross

Well they ain't going to improve not racing at high intensity... It did feel like a lot of the riders where feeling the pressure .

The narrowing roads with street furniture crosswind would not unlikely produce a crash in the men's peloton .... Maybe not 3 in quick succession
    The one village they went through shortly before the crashes was horrendous. I know the peloton is smaller but would they send the men through that? Cue someone telling me the men's race did go through that! Felt very much like a Flandrian race route at times.