Le Tour de Femmes, race chat

Comments

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

JimD666 said:

With a little luck the program will start on time. Looks like it's due to start at 13:00 BST. Hopefully the nerves will have settled a little today, and it'll be a little less crashy. 🤞

If nothing else they're thinning out the peloton.

Squibban looks to be struggling today already, according to PCS - could be a long day out.

She's abandoned.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Racing ...break still trying form ...2 rides 21 secs .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Apparently FDG didn't have a good day.... I do love CUL's interviews :)
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    CUL giving one of the season's best interviews on the Eurosport package just now.

"How was yesterday?"
    "It was a shit day."
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Eurosport now showing racing, for anyone waiting. Seems fairly calm at the moment- - Femke Markus and Pauline Allin a few seconds out in front.
  • mididoctors
    Peloton stressed
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    edited July 2022
    Like I said yesterday, despite it being exposed and a crosswind, it’s pretty light.
    Doesn’t look like breaking up into echelons
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Team radio? They're playing team radio?

Don't think anyone will be surprised that everyone was being ordered to the front "because it's too dangerous". Well, yeah - everyone's trying to get to the front, which increases the risk, which...
  • mididoctors
    Time out
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Yeah, very much the calm before the storm vibes. I wonder if yesterday's stress is having an effect on how they're riding this.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,755
    Just turned on for the all action racing.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Interesting that the bloke whose job it is to play pre-recorded church bells hasn't had his contract extended for the TdFemmes. The pretend helicopter noise is still present however.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    The Cat 4 saw two riders sprint for the points and then carry on, kicking off a fresh wave of attacks from people looking to get across.
  • mididoctors
    Long. Cat 4
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,142
    Riders getting dropped going up a 4th cat climb at 16kph was a bit of a surprise.
  • mididoctors
    Riders clipping off ...borgazi bridging ...just can't quite get across and close 5 sec gap
  • mididoctors
    Peloton 2 groups
  • mididoctors
    Borghezi not making it across to Alana
  • mididoctors
    Odd precession of single rider attacks
  • mididoctors
    Should be more flag and whistle there on that corner
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,032
    Interesting hairpin corner.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mididoctors
    Cepechi has a dig
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,142
    Was expecting carnage there. Did well to negotiate it in one piece
  • mididoctors
    Peloton compacto
  • mididoctors
    Peloton compacto
  • mididoctors
    Fair number of spectators
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Amialusik doing well to drag the gap out here, though as I type that it's starting to come down a bit. For those wondering, she countered after Ellen van Dijk strung things out at the top of a cat 4 and quickly opened up a 20 second gap. Nobody's managed to bridge despite a fair few attempts.
  • mididoctors
    This the famous stepped climb
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    I look up and they appear to be climbing a rollercoaster. What the heck is this road playing at?