Le Tour de Femmes, race chat

Comments

• amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,306
    What was that stuffed toy thing? Where is the Lion?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    amrushton said:

I think that's a baby. It's not a prize as far as I know,
    The lion is behind the bouquet

Twitter: @RichN95
  • amrushton said:

It's the Zwift squirrel
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,022
    I expected Balsamo to be in the mix but apart from getting blocked she said after her legs weren't great so maybe just gone off the boil at the wrong time.

Vos seems very predictable in opening her sprint early.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Any news on the rider that crashed and was stretchered off?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325

I expected Balsamo to be in the mix but apart from getting blocked she said after her legs weren't great so maybe just gone off the boil at the wrong time.

Vos seems very predictable in opening her sprint early.

Wiebes seemed to suggest in her interview yesterday that she felt she had to go way too early as a result of Vos going, so a deliberate tactic to try and neutralise her? I felt there was a sort of unspoken admission that Vos gets under her skin a bit by doing it.
  • Lanterne_Rogue

Any news on the rider that crashed and was stretchered off?

Here's wishing a swift recovery.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Any good preview blogs?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Late start on the app ...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Now doing the analysis bit before going to live racing... Blythe pulling yesterday's sprint to pieces.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

Welcome to the wonderful world of Womens cycling on GCN. Advertise a start time of X, in reality X+15minutes as a general rule.
  • mididoctors
    JimD666 said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Womens cycling on GCN. Advertise a start time of X, in reality X+15minutes as a general rule.
    That's a common thing huh?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    We missed the start? That's a bummer
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

JimD666 said:

That's a common thing huh?
    It's not uncommon unfortunately.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700

Now doing the analysis bit before going to live racing... Blythe pulling yesterday's sprint to pieces.

Nice to see that he and Orla have hung around to front the studio chat.
    Makes it that bit more special
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    GCN / Eurosport are reliant on footage from the organisers, unfortunately... You start to realise how spoiled we are with full stage coverage.

Women's Giro was downgraded because their footage was so poor.
  • mididoctors
    I wanted to see how the break formed
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Aaand we have racing. Group out of four out front, crosswinds helping to tail people off the peloton apparently.
  • mididoctors
    Windy
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    PCS has live coverage of who's in breaks etc, if anyone's wondering who's up there

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-france-femmes/2022/stage-2/live/livestats
  • mididoctors
    Oufff ... Trek .trying to split it in the crosswinds ... Rude intro to the coverage
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    It settles down again as they go through a village (and the wind direction has changed after a corner), but this is going to keep causing panic. 45 seconds got taken out of the break as a result of all that - halving their advantage within just a handful of km.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    edited July 2022
    Mostly head/cross though according to commentary.
    This course is very exposed.
    Where's the Sun gone?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Echelon off the back
  • mididoctors
    Break getting reeled in by jumbo on the front
  • mididoctors
    Dsm too through and off
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Washing machine in full effect as teams try to get to the front. Not looking like it'll split on this section - Blazing's right about the wind direction here - but there's a lot of nerves and one of the Danis is saying there's a corner in a few km that will give it a cross-tail.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Break caught. Look somewhat disgruntled about what's just happened to them.
  • mididoctors
    Break caught race reforming jumbo look keen
  • mididoctors
    Iris on the bike dam sight more use that contador