Le Tour de Femmes, race chat

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,029
    Niewiadoma(?) massively increasing her aero drag by not zipping up her Jersey on the descent.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,785
    RichN95. said:

The time cut is 18% today. I think a lot will miss it.

Might rejig it a bit I think ...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,103

Niewiadoma(?) massively increasing her aero drag by not zipping up her Jersey on the descent.

She's had it unzipped all race but haven't noticed any others doing it at all.
  • Pross

RichN95. said:

Meh, if they can't even be bothered to look like they're trying to make the cut I would eliminate them.
  • Pross

This is all over bar the shouting.
    Going to watch San Sebastián

Is it worth switching?
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,168
    I think this stage highlights that women's cycling tends to favour all rounders; rider who can sprint, do short punchy climbs, etc Very few are proper climbers - will be interesting to see how this develops in future.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

RichN95. said:

Meh, if they can't even be bothered to look like they're trying to make the cut I would eliminate them.
    Tbf I think the vos group will make the cut
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

This is all over bar the shouting.
    Going to watch San Sebastián

Is it worth switching?
    Remco doing a remco
  • Pross

Pross said:

RichN95. said:

Tbf I think the vos group will make the cut
    But if they were riding like that how slowly was anyone behind them going?
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2022
    Vollering doing what she can but to no avail...
  • mididoctors
    Everyone holding station on time gaps except AVV who pulls away
  • mididoctors
    Longborghini pulling away now
  • mididoctors
    Vollering is fading
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,185
    An aside: pronunciation of AvV: vlooten or vloyten? Always thought it was former but commentators various using latter. Where's RC when you need him?
  • mididoctors
    7 km of climb left ... gruelling
  • mididoctors
    CUL lifting the pace a bit .. longborghini in peril
  • Pross
    edited July 2022
    Vollering looking absolutely knackered. Good ride though.
  • mididoctors
    Persico dropped ... longborghini getting reeled in
  • Pross
    orraloon said:

An aside: pronunciation of AvV: vlooten or vloyten? Always thought it was former but commentators various using latter. Where's RC when you need him?

Iris just said it more like the former but sounded more like Vlurten
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,363
    Longborghini reeled in
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,363
    BTW, is the grand Ballon the Ballon d'Alsace? or is it a different climb?
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2022
    Stalled in the chase group ....who has an attack left in the legs ?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited July 2022
    I wonder what odds I can get on one of Urška Žigart's kids winning the Tour (if she has them)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Persico battles onto the group just as Niewiadoma ups the pace and sends her back out out again.
  • BTW, is the grand Ballon the Ballon d'Alsace? or is it a different climb?

Different climbs
  • mididoctors
    Lot of suffering
  • mididoctors
    Newiadomia splitting the group
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,185
    Pross said:

orraloon said:

Iris just said it more like the former but sounded more like Vlurten
    Yeah, got that. 👍
  • mididoctors
    Ludwig on the limit
  • Pross
    Demi not giving it half measures